Hoiberg now calls out Jimmy...

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
That isn't what we should be focused on. Butler is an all-star player. He isn't the problem. The problem really player-wise is D. Rose who they will not sign for what he will want. As it stands right now, I think that they should try and trade him for draft picks and an expiring contracts. If they don't, his value will diminish very quickly. What do you think about maybe trading with the Lakers? Kobe is gone and they have always been interested in star power and might think that Rose could fit that bill. There is also management annoyed by Russell. What about trying to work a deal for Russell and their number one pick for Rose and our number one pick?

Horrible...

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
That isn't what we should be focused on.

maybe not in the grand scheme of things but the guy said Butler is a player you build around...im just wondering what team won a championship with a guy like Jimmy as their best player?

Jimmy would have been a good piece to keep going forward but he seems to have a big ego and this team has a bad aura embedded in them that i don't think is gonna wash away with a few roster changes

at best Jimmy may keep you in the playoffs but hes not a true cornerstone so that keeps us in mediocre limbo praying for this superstar FA to take us to the next level that will never come

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post

That isn't what we should be focused on. Butler is an all-star player. He isn't the problem. The problem really player-wise is D. Rose who they will not sign for what he will want. As it stands right now, I think that they should try and trade him for draft picks and an expiring contracts. If they don't, his value will diminish very quickly. What do you think about maybe trading with the Lakers? Kobe is gone and they have always been interested in star power and might think that Rose could fit that bill. There is also management annoyed by Russell. What about trying to work a deal for Russell and their number one pick for Rose and our number one pick?

Horrible...

What is horrible PB? The notion of trading Rose or what to trade him for? Or both?

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Hoiberg is saying that there was no perception that he didn't get on people until the Jimmy comment and he wasn't taking a shot at him. Maybe I'm just fucking missing something, but when I read the full thing it sure sounds like he's blaming him for the nose dive

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Jimmy certainly has a high opinion on his worth to the team.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Horrible...

Actually, if you look at efficiency ratings you could make the argument that D'Angelo Russell outplayed Rose this season.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/pg/sort/VORP

You could also easily continue to argue that Hoiberg's system would be much more beneficial to Russell than Byron Scott's system. Not to mention, Russell would be a much cheaper option. I don't, however, think for a second that we'd get their first round pick in return.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
hoiberg is going to be around a few more years whether we like it or not. therefore, might as well try to get him the players that can fit into his system. IMO, this roster currently doesn't have much in the way of guys that fit what hoiberg wants to do. they have some nice role players that do(dougie and felicio most notably), but the starting roster isn't comprised of guys that fit(rose and butler) or they are too old(dunn and gasol). trade both rose and butler and let gasol walk. that would be the best offseason they could have

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bottom line? The Bulls have two players, one a bonafied all-star and another a former MVP who either do not want to or just can't play together. The rest of the roster is a shambles. THey should blow the team up and rebuild it. BUT......the albatross for them is that they do not have an owner who will allow that to happen because it is all about money to him and he doesn't want a laughable team record. He wants the seats filled, merchandise sold, etc. He also has in Paxson and Gar, two guys who are incompetent and ridiculed through the league.

THis means that the ship called the Bulls is floundering and rudderless to boot. Reinny wants another championship but refuses to hire anything but yes men. What he should do is to admit that the team needs a new management group and a new roster. He should place a phone call to Jerry West, give him buckets of money as a consultant and ask him to build him a new organization. Everywhere West has been, the organization has prospered greatly. He knows talent probably as good as any person on the planet including coaching talent.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
maybe not in the grand scheme of things but the guy said Butler is a player you build around...im just wondering what team won a championship with a guy like Jimmy as their best player?

Jimmy would have been a good piece to keep going forward but he seems to have a big ego and this team has a bad aura embedded in them that i don't think is gonna wash away with a few roster changes

at best Jimmy may keep you in the playoffs but hes not a true cornerstone so that keeps us in mediocre limbo praying for this superstar FA to take us to the next level that will never come

I don't know what a "cornerstone" really is when you are talking about a sports team. On every team, I think, there is one player who is better than anyone else on the team. Butler is obviously the best player on the Bulls. But the NBA is littered with team who for years have had one guy better than the rest of the team yet never go anywhere. ANd you really cannot blame that player for their failure. Look at the Knicks and Melo. Look at Aldrige with Portland. Is it their fault that their teams never won anything? I don't think so.

The Bulls had a chance 5 or so years ago to win championships. They had a top three player in Rose and some up and coming talent to add to him. But Rose got hurt and is a shadow of his former self. Now he isn't in the top 30 in the NBA as a player. And his mouth continues to flap like he still thinks that he is special and DESERVES big time money like he was who he was before he got hurt and showed how selfish he really is. Meanwhile, Bulls management shit canned a guy who had his team over-achieve into play-offs all of the time he was there.

The fault is on Reinny. He allowed this shit show to get to where it is now. It is pretty pointless to think about the Bulls future right now because unless something major happens at the very top of this team, they are going to go down very fast.