Paxson said Forman's job isn't in jeopardy.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
who knows? they never do things regularly....i mean Bulls are the only business in the world where you can physically assault a colleague and get promoted LOL

To be fair, VDN probably deserved to get punched.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Really, dude? You honestly mean to tell me that Pax was all "hands off" the past 4 years? Please, he's been involved in every damn decision since he left the radio broadcast and took the helm, regardless of his varying job titles over the years. He didn't like the roster but signed off on it? What the hell kind of boss would ever do that? None. Pax has the ultimate say-so on all roster decisions. Period. What Pax did in that press conference is what he's always done, deflect the blame. He's setting it up so that Gar takes the fall because Pax knows that Reiny's allegiance is with him.

If Pax really didn't like this roster, he wouldn't have thrown Thibs completely under the bus after firing him, brought back virtually the same exact roster, or spouted off about how Hoiberg would help them take the next step into the Finals. The blame rests on Paxson and Forman but more so on Paxson as he is THE BOSS.

obviously he was involved but i think Gar has been more of the leader the past few years and more often times they agreed with moves he wanted and possibly some moves that Pax wasn't 100% behind

as far as the Thibs thing if you look back Paxson didn't seem like he was involved in it until JVG grilled the FO and they took this as him being Thibs mouth piece

it sounds like im being a Pax apologist but im just looking for some light at the end of the tunnel...i have more trust in Paxson than i do in Forman

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How anyone could be confident or think depending on Rose as a cornerstone to the franchise going forward is beyond me. The guy isn't dominant anymore, is inconsistent, is prone to injury and taking games off due to general soreness or whatever else, and flat out cannot be depended on. Does it suck? Yes. Is it Rose's fault his body gave out on him and he's not the same player anymore? No. Is he completely blame free in all of this or done and said all the right things? No. This is just reality. It's lunacy that someone would have a problem with this. Derrick Rose has done nothing in 5 years to warrant confidence in him as a foundational piece or a guy you invest max dollars to. This is just common sense. Am I saying there's absolutely no way he can turn it around or make improvements next year? No. It's possible. Should anyone expect it after 5 years of disappointment? Of course fucking not. I wonder if people felt the same way about Grant Hill or Penny Hardaway when they faded away into oblivion.

Comparing Rose to Penny and Grant is apples and oranges. Penny had micro-fracture knee surgery. There is no NBA guard ever to come back from such an invasive procedure and still have the athleticism to be anywhere near top level. Grant had severe string of injuries and nearly died due to an infection. But the more relevant point was that by the time he regained the ability to play again, he was too old to play prime all-star level basketball.

I agree with all your other points. You can't trust Rose to be anything better than he was last year. However, he has shown signs that he is becoming a dominant player again. Are those "signs" enough to warrant another huge contract? I don't think so.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
This is an honest question, no trolling here. I just want to know.*

Are you a Lebron fan, or a Bulls fan?

1. Bulls Fan
2. Lebron Fan

I became a Lebron fan in 2010, when I wanted the Bulls to sign him. He is the second best player I've seen in my life. The best was a Chicago Bull.

I am also a Dirk Nowtizki fan, a Russell Westbrook fan, a Kawhi Leonard fan, on and on.
I root for NONE of them when they play against the Bulls. Because I am a Bulls fan first.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
This is an honest question, no trolling here. I just want to know.

Are you a Rose fan, or a Bulls fan?
1. Bulls Fan
2. Rose Fan

I became a Rose fan in 2008, when I wanted the Bulls to draft him. He is the second best Bulls player I've seen in my life. The best was a Chicago Bull named Jordan.

I am also a Dirk Nowtizki fan, a Russell Westbrook fan, a Kawhi Leonard fan, on and on.
I root for NONE of them when they play against the Bulls. Because I am a Bulls fan first.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
1. Bulls Fan
2. Rose Fan

I became a Rose fan in 2008, when I wanted the Bulls to draft him. He is the second best Bulls player I've seen in my life. The best was a Chicago Bull named Jordan.

We will have to agree to disagree. I don't think Rose is as great a player as Scottie Pippen was.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We will have to agree to disagree. I don't think Rose is as great a player as Scottie Pippen was.

He could have been better if he wasn't injured. But Pippen clearly will have a better over-all career. Pippin gets it over-all alo because he was a shut down defender of three positions, even 4 against some of the smaller lighter 4s.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Oh geez....Rose the 2nd best Bulls now? C'mon....

Sure, he had the potential to be that if he stayed healthy but that didn't happen. Pippen was the better all around player and he had the better career. Pip is top 50 all time and a HOFer. Rose will be the first MVP not to reach the hall in all likelihood. Rose's prime lasted 1.5 seasons.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Bulls don't win 6 with Rose and no Pippen. I don't think Rose has the bball IQ to be effective in the triangle. Not to mention, our back court defense was one of our biggest assets and without Pip, our defense goes down a lot. We probably would have won a couple though. But who knows?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Jordan would have pushed Rose, and Rose would be in a wheelchair by the All-Star break. But if Rose wasn't made of glass, who knows. Rose isn't as much of a problem from his gameplay and adaptability standpoint. Rose's health, and PTSD from it has been the issue and Jordan would demand so much of the spotlight to keep Rose on the bench, which might be best. You just don't have enough weapons at that point.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls don't win 6 with Rose and no Pippen. I don't think Rose has the bball IQ to be effective in the triangle. Not to mention, our back court defense was one of our biggest assets and without Pip, our defense goes down a lot. We probably would have won a couple though. But who knows?
Rose probably isn't an MVP level player in the triangle, but I do think they could get a couple championships plus Rose and no Pippen. Rose isn't a terrible defender, though he is a huge drop off from Pippen. You can make the case that he's a better offensive player and maybe that's good enough for a couple titles.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Rose would of had to really up his defense, which is exactly what the team is asking him to do now. The first couple times he didn't fight through screens MJ would have punched him Steve Kerr style.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rose would of had to really up his defense, which is exactly what the team is asking him to do now. The first couple times he didn't fight through screens MJ would have punched him Steve Kerr style.
I guess it depends on which Rose we're referring to also. Pre ACL Rose I think didn't have those effort issues and was a pretty rock solid defender. Post ACL, yes, he'd get punched in the face and benched for Kerr probably.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
Oh geez....Rose the 2nd best Bulls now? C'mon....

Sure, he had the potential to be that if he stayed healthy
:whoosh:

My post was less about a Pip/Rose comparison, but much more a continuation of posts #17, #45, #46, and #47.

Just making the troll look dumb, that's all.