Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I really want the thunder can hold on, but the last two games don't give me hope

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I really want the thunder can hold on, but the last two games don't give me hope
It'll be hard. If Thompson keeps hitting all those three's it may end just like Game 6 lol.

Oklahoma at least got out to the good start.

Reactions: BNB

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I feel like okc is gonna be the more nervous team coming out of the locker room. They don't wanna blow it again

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I feel like okc is gonna be the more nervous team coming out of the locker room. They don't wanna blow it again
Probably, in which case they'll probably lose. Can't play like that in these Game 7's. As Stacey King would say, if you're scared go buy a dog.

Ikesouth

Liked Posts:
Prob. Theyve been conference champs before though. Just an awesome game.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Westbrook and Durant have the mental capacity of a toddler. These two will never lead any team to a title.

Ikesouth

Liked Posts:
Westbrook and Durant have the mental capacity of a toddler. These two will never lead any team to a title.

Westbrook is worse. Its like he knows what he should do but never does it on the right play. When he should deffer he takes it alone and when he should go alone he passes to a half open guy.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bucks, Minnesota, OKC are teams that come to mind that have length and Warriors struggled against. none of those teams come close to the Bulls (well def not bucks/minny)

you say force Rodman to guard Green on the perimeter like that might be something that puts Bulls at a disadvantage. Rodman would own Draymond....Dray has been exposed this series

you act as if there is no such thing as adjustments. Bulls certainty have the versatility to guard the 3 point shot. thats whats laughable, to assume because 3 point shooting wasn't as potent then, they couldn't defend it.

so far you're only legit point for Warriors is Curry/Klay have the ability to hit 3 pointers from 30 feet and rule changes (which is starting to dig deep into this mythical matchup...who decides what rules stick and ones that don't?)

let me make it clear: my argument is not that the Bulls are vastly superior but that they would have GS' number

Again what do you mean by struggle. They finished with only 9 losses. They didn't lose twice to a single team all regular season so not sure I would say they struggled against anyone. Did you expect them to go 82-0?

Green can hit the 3 and the point of bringing Rodman out on the perimeter is that he is not in the lane to rebound which is his greatest strength.

I never said they couldn't defend it. I said in an era where the 3 point shot wasn't as potent as it is today they weren't some clamp down team against the 3. They were 6th in the league against the 3 point shot that year which is good but if you think they are just going to clamp down on the 3 against a team that is better than any team they faced when it comes to the volume of threes and their accuracy then you are kidding yourself.

And of course the rules matter. The teams were built in different eras and under different rules. There is a reason why not a lot of teams employ the triangle. It's a complex offense to learn and back then they only had to worry about teaching how to defeat man defense with it. And still Jackson and those guys will tell you it took years for the Bulls to master hence why Jordan didn't win a championship for 8 years. The Triangle Offense in an era with different types of zone defense in addition to man defense increases that learning curve not to mention you are trying to run it with 2 big men, one of which is a marginal threat (Longley) and the other that is basically not a threat at all outside of his rebounding. It's basically 4 vs 5 in an era where you can employ a zone to clog the middle of the court and ignore Rodman in a way you couldn't when the rules required you to waste a man guarding him.

We've seen over the years with the new rules where teams would just leave shitty shooters alone and force guys like Kidd or Rondo to shoot outside. With Rodman, where are you going to put him? Pippen and Jordan liked to post up and are better offensive threats and you can't have like 2 or 3 guys in the post like you used too if a team plays a 2-3 or 2-1-2. The whole point of the zone is to get people out of the post. So Rodman becomes a wasted in an era with zone defenses as keeping him in the post against the zone means you probably can't have Longley and one of Pippen or Jordan in there. Take him away from the rim and his offensive rebounding is useless.

Ikesouth

Liked Posts:
5min to go and this is over. Okc stopped running plays. Gsw demoralized them

Ikesouth

Liked Posts:
Would have been nice to see durant rise... But at least we get that finals rematch we wanted!!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Westbrook is worse. Its like he knows what he should do but never does it on the right play. When he should deffer he takes it alone and when he should go alone he passes to a half open guy.

It's tough to change the kind of player you are. Westbrook is a shooting guard trying to play point guard. He does it well for the most part hence the 10.23 assists per game but whenever the pressure is on, he reverts back to what he is and gets out of sorts.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They really don't like calling charges in the NBA, lol. OKC within 6. Still a chance.

EDIT - OKC within 4, KD trying to take over.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Curry is just ridiculous. Dribbles around the whole team and then casually ices it with a 3, lol.

Ikesouth

Liked Posts:
So frustrating. Durant got them within 4 with 2min to go by making smart plays. Then he makes 2 bonehead ones to blow the game. Just wow.