2016 Playoff Discussion Thread

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
MJ's Bulls would have never have been in this situation. Especially to a couple of fucking retards in Durant & Westbrook.

Ikesouth

Liked Posts:
MJ's Bulls would have never have been in this situation. Especially to a couple of fucking retards in Durant & Westbrook.
Oh come on now. The w is all that matters and gs started off tonight. They won despite not playing their best. Thats what the bulls did too

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Oh come on now. The w is all that matters and gs started off tonight. They won despite not playing their best. Thats what the bulls did too

except they didn't need a game 7 in 96 (besides 98 when they were well past their prime and in 92). When talking about greatest team all of time, style points count.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Congrats to Anderson Varejao winning the NBA Championship!

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i knew OKC had blew it in game 6

at that point Dubs had the momentum and had homecourt, i actually expected OKC to get blown out

good effort by OKC though...i had Warriors in 7 :p

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
I saw OKC sort of go back to their regular season style last night, which was giving the ball to KD or RW and everyone getting out of the way. They won't win like that. Game 6 is the biggest game for them because if this thing goes back to Oakland for game 7, the Warriors will win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This guy knows what he's talking about.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly, even when OKC was up 3-1, I thought GS would come back. I just couldn't believe that Curry and Co. would stay that cold, and that KD and RW would continue dominating like they were while taking some very questionable shots.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, even when OKC was up 3-1, I thought GS would come back. I just couldn't believe that Curry and Co. would stay that cold, and that KD and RW would continue dominating like they were while taking some very questionable shots.

Thats what is crazy about this GS team. It isnt just they are a jump shooting team. they are a jump shooting team that seems to never go through prolonged stretches of horrible shooting. They may go a game or two, but then its full steam ahead. We have never seen a back court of Curry and Thompson in NBA history.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I know a lot of people love Westbrook, but he always finds a way to fuck the team. He doesn't know how to balance his shots and play off others. Another bad shooting night and stupid TOs at the end.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's just part of who RW is. When he takes care of the ball and takes smarter shots, he's one of the most unstoppable, lethal players in the NBA. When he plays like he has over the last three games to end the series, he's one of the most frustrating. But yeah, turnovers are a huge issue for him. The always have been.

In reverse chronological order, here are his rankings turnovers each season:

2016: 2
2015: 1
2014: 2
2013: 6
2012: 6
2011: 1
2010: 9
2009: 5

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This series was over as soon as Westbrook laughed at the thought of Curry's defense. Curry is not some superior defender but there was no way he would let his team lose to that pathetic trash talk. Westbrook just isn't a leader.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There is no shame in losing in 7 games to the best player we've seen since Jordan.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thats what is crazy about this GS team. It isnt just they are a jump shooting team. they are a jump shooting team that seems to never go through prolonged stretches of horrible shooting. They may go a game or two, but then its full steam ahead. We have never seen a back court of Curry and Thompson in NBA history.

It's ridiculous that they could win 73 games as largely a jump shooting team with no post presence and to go the whole regular season without back to back losses. This OKC series was probably the first time you saw both Curry and Thompson struggle at the same time for the whole game as usually one of them is shooting well and carries the other until the other can get hot. That's what makes them so lethal. You can have Thompson going off and keeping them in the game until Curry finally finds his stroke or vice versa.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's ridiculous that they could win 73 games as largely a jump shooting team with no post presence and to go the whole regular season without back to back losses. This OKC series was probably the first time you saw both Curry and Thompson struggle at the same time for the whole game as usually one of them is shooting well and carries the other until the other can get hot. That's what makes them so lethal. You can have Thompson going off and keeping them in the game until Curry finally finds his stroke or vice versa.

Curry and Thompson broke the record for 3's in a series. Lol. I think Curry finished with 2 more there's than Thompson. Also, Curry put on a dribbling exhibition

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah his handle is what separates him from guys like his father and other 3 point shooters. He pretty much can create his own shot and with his quick release pretty much just needs a defender to backpedal ever so slightly and ball is in the bottom of the net

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
Warriors in 5. Crying Jordan face on Lebron.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well they went to 6 last year and that was without Love and Irving for the most part so I think this series could get interesting. Cavs take and make a lot of open threes because of Irving and Bron penetrating and Love can shoot the 3 as well. So both teams could conceivably play with 5 3 point shooters with Curry and Thompson being the best shooters overall and Bron and Irving being the best drive and kick guys.