2016 Playoff Discussion Thread

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The showtime Lakers are like the best team ever to play with on NBA2k16. Lol
lol I'm sure. You got two superstars and a second tier star in Worthy. And GREAT role players.

The 1980s Celtics come close with Bird and two 2nd tier stars in McHale and Parish in addition to GREAT role players. But Kareem just gave them that edge. Kinda amazing they ended up losing the 84 Finals when you look back on it.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow, so the NBA doesn't suspend Draymond Green. But they did upgrade his Flagrant to a Flagrant 2.

A flagrant 2 is an automatic ejection. But Green finished the game.... Now he doesn't even miss a game at all. Seems legit.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Draymond has been getting owned anyway

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not even looking at it as a potential advantage for OKC or disadvantage for GS. But how do you explain upgrading it to a F2, but then say it wasn't worth a suspension?

So it was bad enough that he should have been ejected from the game, but not bad enough for him to be suspended why?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not even looking at it as a potential advantage for OKC or disadvantage for GS. But how do you explain upgrading it to a F2, but then say it wasn't worth a suspension?

So it was bad enough that he should have been ejected from the game, but not bad enough for him to be suspended why?

It shouldnt have been a flagrant 2

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

GS is the media darling. You can't have the NBA regular season record holders not make it to the finals now. ESTMZ has to keep the idea that GS could beat the 95-96 Bulls alive.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:

basketball reasons
david-stern-0610-3071.jpg

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
GS is the media darling. You can't have the NBA regular season record holders not make it to the finals now. ESTMZ has to keep the idea that GS could beat the 95-96 Bulls alive.

:cringe::hawked:

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Man I wish we had a Bismack Biyombo on the team this season ?

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:

i think this series has already proven (whether Warriors win or not) that they could not win against that Bulls team

size and length is their achilles heel and the Bulls had that in abundance and they were a much better team than OKC or any other team in the league for that matter...i think they win pretty handily

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bulls fans saying the Bulls would win handily.

:dontsay:

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Bulls fans saying the Bulls would win handily.

:dontsay:

yeah i'm a Bulls fan but i have zero connection with that 96 team as i didn't get to witness them :tongue:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Man I wish we had a Bismack Biyombo on the team this season 
I have to admit, he's looking pretty solid. I was skeptical of someone's post who suggested we sign him in the offseason, but now I'm a bit more open to the idea.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I have to admit, he's looking pretty solid. I was skeptical of someone's post who suggested we sign him in the offseason, but now I'm a bit more open to the idea.
Yore falling for that playoff performance trap.

Sent from the mod retirement home in Bakersfield, California.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:

The explanation the NBA dude gave on ESPN was pretty lame too. He was saying that they didn't think it was intentional...so why upgrade it to a flagrant 2 if you felt it was inadvertent? And like you said, how can you say he should've been ejected but not suspend him?

I actually like the Warriors but I hate this special treatment BS they're so obviously getting. Green can pull an N. Suh out there (didn't feel like trying to spell his name lol), and it's all good. Imagine if someone kicked Curry like that. They might be tossed for more than one game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
OKC in almost the same exact position as they were in during game 3.

I think GS makes a run this time though.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
OKC is just too much for GS. Watching this series it's obvious who the better team is, and it's not even really that close.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Bismack is only 23

im taking the shot, if it misses so be it