Nobody in Chicago sports gets a bigger pass than Jerry Reinsdorf

Ron Burgundy

At 10:15 p.m. Wednesday, the Bulls issued a 107-word statement on behalf of Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf.
The Bulls had just completed a season as disappointing and dysfunctional as any in the franchise's 50-year history and Reinsdorf, as insulated as ever, responded with a paragraph. Reinsdorf apparently...

a2t.img
mf.gif

More...

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I'd expect nothing more from him. Why would he feel he's done anything wrong while his profits are still soaring?

This team is doomed for the foreseeable future.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
what can you do? Jerry isn't selling his share and theres no reason for him too just because fans on the internet don't like him...if you want change fans gotta stop going to games, stop watching them on TV, stop buying merch

when the money isn't coming in truck loads anymore then he'll reassess his "loyalty" but obviously thats too much of a wide net to cast and we'll have to wait for ppl to taper off like they did in 2002 & 2003 when attendance dropped

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
That reassessing his loyalty hasn't helped in the white sox department

Plus this isn't the bears or Cubs. Not enough people can make a stink to really get under ownership skin

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
That reassessing his loyalty hasn't helped in the white sox department

Plus this isn't the bears or Cubs. Not enough people can make a stink to really get under ownership skin

difference is the Bulls are his cash cow while the Sox are more like a hobby or pet project

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Pretty much what Axl said. JR doesn't really get a "pass." You'd be hard pressed to find many fans who like JR or the stooges he has running the Bulls. The fact is, it doesn't mean anything because he owns the goddamn team and people are still going to games and buying merchandise. Most people would love it if he sold the team or stepped down. That's just not happening. JR is a businessman and a damn good one at that. Until business turns south, there will be no changes coming and he won't be apologizing to anyone or have any regrets. Why would he? As a businessman, he's making a ton of money with the Bulls. In his mind, things are great. There's reason for concern, and I'm sure getting back into the playoffs is a priority because of the revenue, but as long as the stadium continues to sell out, they stay under the tax, and they make the playoffs next year, JR is living large and in charge.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
what can you do? Jerry isn't selling his share and theres no reason for him too just because fans on the internet don't like him...if you want change fans gotta stop going to games, stop watching them on TV, stop buying merch

when the money isn't coming in truck loads anymore then he'll reassess his "loyalty" but obviously thats too much of a wide net to cast and we'll have to wait for ppl to taper off like they did in 2002 & 2003 when attendance dropped

Eventually the fans will answer in kind, a la the Hawks days with $Bill Wirtz. But, we must all endure several painful years of waiting.

martin.johnson73

Liked Posts:
Team would won more titles if not for Jerry interference

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

He never interfered much. When he did he did it to win a championship. I remember he vetoed a scottie pippen trade in 98 to make one last run at the title.

martin.johnson73

Liked Posts:
What about the mandate in 99?? They hired Tim Floyd dumped Jordan traded Pippen. Started the so called rebuild and we lost the next 10 years or so.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Quote Originally Posted by martin.johnson73 View Post

He never interfered much. When he did he did it to win a championship. I remember he vetoed a scottie pippen trade in 98 to make one last run at the title.

I wouldn't call it interference. I would call it a clear failure to spend the resources to win championships. He is a cheap ass vindictive owner as he proved once and for all with the Thibs fiasco.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I don't think the bulls win the championship that next year if Jordan stays

greg23

Liked Posts:
I don't think the bulls win the championship that next year if Jordan stays

You mean we had no chance in the 3 month 50 game lockout shortened season where the 8th seeded knicks made the finals?

Yeah, no chance.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
You mean we had no chance in the 3 month 50 game lockout shortened season where the 8th seeded knicks made the finals?

Yeah, no chance.
Did this honestly just happen? Did you really just quote me and respond to nothing I actually said? Based on the above, I think I need to spell out what I'm saying: I never said they had no chance. I said I don't think they would have won. As in, I don't think they would have beat the Spurs. None of that was couched in absolutes. Nor did I say they wouldn't make it to the finals.

Next time, slow down and try to comprehend what you're reading before you respond and make yourself look like a fool.