Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Aaaaand now...introducing the starting lineup for your...Chicago Preparation H Hemorrhoid Creme's...

National Basketball Association owners approved advertising on uniform jerseys for the first time in league history, according to people with direct knowledge of the decision. The ads, in the form of 2.5-by-2.5-inch patches, will debut in the 2017-18 season, which coincides with Nike replacing Adidas as the league’s official uniform supplier.

NBA spokesman Mike Bass didn’t immediately respond to an e-mail seeking comment.

The league has been moving toward advertising on uniforms for years. Teams in Major League Soccer and the WNBA already have company logos on their uniforms, similar with those in the English Premier League.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
And next will be the NFL..

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I hate this. I think the uniforms should be sacred. No advertising. But it is what it is. Times change. Its like stadium names

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I never thought I would say this, but I haven't liked many moves made by Silver. So I kind of miss Stern now. I'm not going to buy a jersey with an ad on it, unless I just so happen to really love that company, which would be a rare coincidence. If the ads are companies that are iconically entangled into the NBA already, I wont care, and can see others not caring as much either. Like if the Bulls had BMO Harris logos or United Airlines, most authentic jersey buyers would get used to it fairly quick. If you see Gatorade "G's" then nobody will really care.

My worry is, we'll see stupid shit like car brands in year one.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I never thought I would say this, but I haven't liked many moves made by Silver. So I kind of miss Stern now. I'm not going to buy a jersey with an ad on it, unless I just so happen to really love that company, which would be a rare coincidence. If the ads are companies that are iconically entangled into the NBA already, I wont care, and can see others not caring as much either. Like if the Bulls had BMO Harris logos or United Airlines, most authentic jersey buyers would get used to it fairly quick. If you see Gatorade "G's" then nobody will really care.

My worry is, we'll see stupid shit like car brands in year one.
Kia was on the all star jerseys this year.

Sent from the mod station in Nome, Alaska.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
Not bothered by it at all, they're jerseys, who cares. Aside from the major American sports leagues, everyone does it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Whats funny is they'll probably raise the jersey prices even higher with the addition of those ugly ads