Cy sale

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man, you call me weird? Talk about nitpicking! The comparables between Cy Sale and the Unit are a helluva more prevalent than their differences. Both of these guys deliveries pretty much come from a second baseman angle. No two pitchers throw exactly the same but these two guys are extraordinarily similar in both body frame and delivery point. The Unit threw harder pretty much because he could generate more torque in his pitches because he was four inches taller and had longer and stronger legs.
Sale changes speeds on virtually every pitch he throws and has more movement in his pitches and throws more strikes.

Delivery point isn't the same. The rest you just said says they are different, so basically, they are compared because they are both left handed, lanky power pitchers with a fastball and slider combo.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Delivery point isn't the same. The rest you just said says they are different, so basically, they are compared because they are both left handed, lanky power pitchers with a fastball and slider combo.

The delivery point is pretty much the same. The arm angle is pretty much the same. How they get to their delivery point is different but so what? You are picking the fly shit out of the pepper with your insistence that all these two guys have in common is the fact that they were left handed and lanky with two pitches. Sale has more than two pitches BTW and the fact that he can change speed on all of them pretty much means that he has more than those. I'd advice you ot to bring your opinion up with anyone who knows much about pitching because you will be laughed at:)

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The delivery point is pretty much the same. The arm angle is pretty much the same. How they get to their delivery point is different but so what? You are picking the fly shit out of the pepper with your insistence that all these two guys have in common is the fact that they were left handed and lanky with two pitches. Sale has more than two pitches BTW and the fact that he can change speed on all of them pretty much means that he has more than those. I'd advice you ot to bring your opinion up with anyone who knows much about pitching because you will be laughed at:)

Will they tell me they have the same delivery when they don't?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Will they tell me they have the same delivery when they don't?

What they will tell you is that you know not of what you are talking about and not so politely. I would bet you that if you asked a bunch of American league fans who Cy Sale reminds them of, at least 90% would say the Unit. Give it up and find something else to argue because you are embarrassing yourself on this one.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What they will tell you is that you know not of what you are talking about and not so politely. I would bet you that if you asked a bunch of American league fans who Cy Sale reminds them of, at least 90% would say the Unit. Give it up and find something else to argue because you are embarrassing yourself on this one.

:hawked:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post

It is pretty sad that a so-called "mod" who doesn't know shit about pitching decides to try and mock someone who has taught pitching and knows what he is talking about. But then, you are just a silly Cubbie fan aren't you who likes to talk shit on the Sox board:( So......cubbie fan, why don't you go back to your little mod cubby hole and quit embarrassing yourself with what you do not know:(

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post

It is pretty sad that a so-called "mod" who doesn't know shit about pitching decides to try and mock someone who has taught pitching and knows what he is talking about. But then, you are just a silly Cubbie fan aren't you who likes to talk shit on the Sox board:( So......cubbie fan, why don't you go back to your little mod cubby hole and quit embarrassing yourself with what you do not know:(

You teach the inverted W?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You teach the inverted W?

My premise has always been to work from the natural throwing motion for a pitcher and not drastically change it. I also teach that the arm just follows the legs in forward motion. I also teach that the hand has to be higher than the elbow and cocked before the ball gets released.

A good pitcher can pretty much pitch blindfolded and throw strikes. HE just has to trust his lower body and let the arm follow through. I also work backwards with a pitcher as in where the landing foot was, what was the foot angle was relative to the plate and where the pitch went. That pretty much can tell a pitcher what went wrong with the pitch.TO me pitching is all about timing, throwing everything with the same motion, and using the grip on the ball to change speeds on pitches, not slowing down or speeding things up on the delivery.

All that being said, I do not think that Sale has what you call a inverted W delivery in that his hand position remains slightly above the elbow as his cocked hand releases the ball. To me it is natural for him. I would call it simply that he puts the hand into his "slot" and lets his arm trail the legs and release the ball after his lead foot is planted. I think it is just his natural motion.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My premise has always been to work from the natural throwing motion for a pitcher and not drastically change it. I also teach that the arm just follows the legs in forward motion. I also teach that the hand has to be higher than the elbow and cocked before the ball gets released.

A good pitcher can pretty much pitch blindfolded and throw strikes. HE just has to trust his lower body and let the arm follow through. I also work backwards with a pitcher as in where the landing foot was, what was the foot angle was relative to the plate and where the pitch went. That pretty much can tell a pitcher what went wrong with the pitch.TO me pitching is all about timing, throwing everything with the same motion, and using the grip on the ball to change speeds on pitches, not slowing down or speeding things up on the delivery.

All that being said, I do not think that Sale has what you call a inverted W delivery in that his hand position remains slightly above the elbow as his cocked hand releases the ball. To me it is natural for him. I would call it simply that he puts the hand into his "slot" and lets his arm trail the legs and release the ball after his lead foot is planted. I think it is just his natural motion.

He has an inverted W. The track record with inverted W's is not good. Kerry Wood had his "natural" movement. His arm blew out.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He has an inverted W. The track record with inverted W's is not good. Kerry Wood had his "natural" movement. His arm blew out.

Rubbish. He does not have an "L" at all. His hand remain above the elbow throughout his delivery Wood's mechanics were not good. Sale is a slot pitcher who throws everything with the same delivery point. Give it up. YOu do not have a clue about what a good pitching motion is.

I do know this also. Sale is going to win the Cy Young award. They might as well give it to him now.

By the way, why do you inhabit this board talking negative shit about the Sox ace and how he is going to blow out his damn arm. Worry about you own team. Worry about major league baseball catching your ace with Roids in his system.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rubbish. He does not have an "L" at all. His hand remain above the elbow throughout his delivery Wood's mechanics were not good. Sale is a slot pitcher who throws everything with the same delivery point. Give it up. YOu do not have a clue about what a good pitching motion is.

I do know this also. Sale is going to win the Cy Young award. They might as well give it to him now.

By the way, why do you inhabit this board talking negative shit about the Sox ace and how he is going to blow out his damn arm. Worry about you own team. Worry about major league baseball catching your ace with Roids in his system.

You are always full Special person. It's quite remarkable

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
6-0 for Sale. Didn't have his good control but was still able to shut the O's down when it counted. The Trumbo strike-out was pretty funny wasn't it? ANd you have to give it to the bull-pen once again. These guys have an amazing record of success and a confidence through-out. FInally get a day off to rest and then start the home-stand:)

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
What an assinine argument this has become. Sale and Arietta are among the top 4 or 5 pitchers in baseball. Both are dominate studs, and we're lucky enough that both play for Chicago based clubs.

Just relax, sit back, strap it in and enjoy it. The crosstown classic between these two should be a gem to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not a Sox fan but I am a Sale fan. Great pitcher and really seems like a good guy and teammate. Hope he stays healthy....if he does and with the improved defense he has now, he could win 25 this year.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Not a Sox fan but I am a Sale fan. Great pitcher and really seems like a good guy and teammate. Hope he stays healthy....if he does and with the improved defense he has now, he could win 25 this year.

Gotta give us fans the chance of Jake v Chris

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gotta give us fans the chance of Jake v Chris

You know, I agree. Think of how they could promote the shit out of the match-up, with tee-shirts, maybe baseball cards given away, etc. It'd be like two gun slingers facing off in the street.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
7-0 and his march to the Cy YOung award continue after another gem yesterday. Didn't see the first inning when he gave up his runs but man was he dominant after that inning. Hitters had no chance.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
8-0 with that same smooth delivery that handcuffs every batter that he faces. He and Q are the best two pitcher combo in the major leagues. IF Latos and company rise to the occasion, this team will be unbeatable going forward.