Game 3 IGT: Blues @ Blackhawks 4/17 at 2 p.m.

Bergz22

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How many soft goals is crow gonna give up?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
More of an annoying loss than anything else. Win Game 4 and everything is fine.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bergz22

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So far I've got him at zero.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Zero? Seriously? Two goals both with no screen. Just hard shots right at him. Granted there was some deflection, he still should of stopped them.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Zero? Seriously? Two goals both with no screen. Just hard shots right at him. Granted there was some deflection, he still should of stopped them.

That one that deflected off of Rosi was pretty hard to stop. The PP goal could've and should've been stopped. Other than that one I think Crow was pretty good to amazing at times.

We just need to keep testing Elliot's glove. It's been shaky all series.

Bergz22

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That one that deflected off of Rosi was pretty hard to stop. The PP goal could've and should've been stopped. Other than that one I think Crow was pretty good to amazing at times.

We just need to keep testing Elliot's glove. It's been shaky all series.

I'm not gonna deny Crawford made some amazing saves. He did and I saw those and he did really well. I didn't see all the goals against, the one I did see was a clear blue line shot, no screen, no one in front. Just went by him. That can't happen in the playoffs.

biscuit_in_the_basket

Gigacore Fan!
Liked Posts:
I'm not gonna deny Crawford made some amazing saves. He did and I saw those and he did really well. I didn't see all the goals against, the one I did see was a clear blue line shot, no screen, no one in front. Just went by him. That can't happen in the playoffs.

Not a clear shot as it went off of Rosi, changed direction, and bounced. It was a hard shot and he was set for where it should have been and not expecting that the puck would bounce like a superball. All that with some good velocity.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Crawford would like that first goal back - the other two there isn't much he could do. Sort of like AA's goal on Elliot - it looks like an easy shot and one that Elliot should save, but since it was so fluky you can't blame that one on him at all.

Was a fun game to be at and plenty of action all around. Blackhawks just need to capitalize on their chances and get a few past Elliot. Should be a great series and sort of "is what it is" at this current time. Looking forward to Tuesday's game.

I heard a couple of fans talking about how lucky the Blues got because Elliot stole one. I don't really look at it that way. Elliot proved to be a damn good goaltender this year (as he has in years past at times) and was real real hot for stretches of time. Elliot is simply part of the team and the Blues happened to lean on him today. Blackhawks are certainly good enough to solve him and I'm sure they are looking forward to doing so.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't remember exactly when but Jamel Mayers on CSN had a graph showing exactly where Elliot gives up goals. No spot was more vulnerable than up over his left shoulder and while both Hawk goals hit that exact spot today...they needed to keep going there with their shots. During the season he gave up 43% of his goals there.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't remember exactly when but Jamel Mayers on CSN had a graph showing exactly where Elliot gives up goals. No spot was more vulnerable than up over his left shoulder and while both Hawk goals hit that exact spot today...they needed to keep going there with their shots. During the season he gave up 43% of his goals there.

Yep, I saw that graph too in the post game show.

P.S. I like Jammer on the pre and post game shows. It's good to hear the perspective of someone whose played with some of the current players.

biscuit_in_the_basket

Gigacore Fan!
Liked Posts:
Crawford would like that first goal back - the other two there isn't much he could do. Sort of like AA's goal on Elliot - it looks like an easy shot and one that Elliot should save, but since it was so fluky you can't blame that one on him at all.

Was a fun game to be at and plenty of action all around. Blackhawks just need to capitalize on their chances and get a few past Elliot. Should be a great series and sort of "is what it is" at this current time. Looking forward to Tuesday's game.

I heard a couple of fans talking about how lucky the Blues got because Elliot stole one. I don't really look at it that way. Elliot proved to be a damn good goaltender this year (as he has in years past at times) and was real real hot for stretches of time. Elliot is simply part of the team and the Blues happened to lean on him today. Blackhawks are certainly good enough to solve him and I'm sure they are looking forward to doing so.

The Blues team defense is pretty good and they are doing a great job on the 'Hawks. Their PK is out of this world and just not giving the 'Hawks shots. 'Hawks convert one or more PP and the series is very different at this point.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Quick, everyone blame Rozi the scapegoat!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Quick, everyone blame Rozi the scapegoat!

Can we shame him and run him out of town?

Oh and Fleischmann.... maybe next time Fleischmann can join their PP and just shoot it on net for them, dum fuk.

They keep playing down to the Blues level, they were passing like they were a bunch of toddlers playing for the first time.

Crisp passing, and bury the fucking puck in the net when you get A+ chances.... we have to of had like 20+ already and missed on just about all of them.

That Ladd failure bit us in the ass.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Oh and Fleischmann.... maybe next time Fleischmann can join their PP and just shoot it on net for them, dum fuk.

They keep playing down to the Blues level, they were passing like they were a bunch of toddlers playing for the first time.

Crisp passing, and bury the fucking puck in the net when you get A+ chances.... we have to of had like 20+ already and missed on just about all of them.

There was a ton of shit passing in that game.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I'm not buying the crap media line that the Blues are mentally a different/tougher team this year. I don't think the series has had any intensity so far. The media said "other years, the Blues would have folded in the 3rd period"...the Hawks were only up 2-1. I think perhaps previous Hawks teams would have been up by a larger margin at that point, or would have controlled the puck moreso in the 3rd. The Hawks let the Blues hang around, and the Blues win games. I haven't really seen anything spectacular from the Blues, or anything horrible from the Blackhawks.

I thought the series would be decided by Crawford's performance or from a defensive collapse by the Hawks. I think the Hawks' defense has been good enough, but the offense has been hugely disappointing. I think this is Hossa's last year. In recent years, he's been able to find another gear in the postseason. Nothing so far this year...its been a carbon copy of the regular season. People bitching about Quenville's line changes...their best players need to play better. Pretty simple, IMO.

The biggest difference here is that the Hawks D is just not as deep as it used to be, which is making the Blues look a little better than they used to be. It's something they can still overcome if the offense plays well but, as you said, that hasn't happened yet. It's not hard to keep your composure when you're only down by one goal late in a game. But if the Hawks get up by 2 or 3 or more, then we'll see just how evolved Blues team his.

They're still dressing Steve Ott, ffs.

The Blues team defense is pretty good and they are doing a great job on the 'Hawks. Their PK is out of this world and just not giving the 'Hawks shots. 'Hawks convert one or more PP and the series is very different at this point.

Actually haven't minded the Hawks power play in this series. It could've cashed in more for sure, but it hasn't been so terrible, imo. It's the 5-on-5 play that has me more worried.

I was a big Philip Danault fan so I was bummed to see him go and I'm even more upset that the two pieces brought back have been pretty goddam useless so far.

And I still have no idea how the fuck Ladd did that.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We're getting A+ opportunities to score and screwing them up. We capitalize on even half of those and we likely win handily. I thought we had a solid chance to have like 4-5 goals in this game.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not buying the crap media line that the Blues are mentally a different/tougher team this year. I don't think the series has had any intensity so far. The media said "other years, the Blues would have folded in the 3rd period"...the Hawks were only up 2-1. I think perhaps previous Hawks teams would have been up by a larger margin at that point, or would have controlled the puck moreso in the 3rd. The Hawks let the Blues hang around, and the Blues win games. I haven't really seen anything spectacular from the Blues, or anything horrible from the Blackhawks.

I thought the series would be decided by Crawford's performance or from a defensive collapse by the Hawks. I think the Hawks' defense has been good enough, but the offense has been hugely disappointing. I think this is Hossa's last year. In recent years, he's been able to find another gear in the postseason. Nothing so far this year...its been a carbon copy of the regular season. People bitching about Quenville's line changes...their best players need to play better. Pretty simple, IMO.

I disagree about Hossa. He played very well in that game, forcing turnovers particularly and setting up goals. I believe that double poster in the 3rd period was his set up, wasn't it? He is still an above average player plus do you think he would give it up one short of 500?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I disagree about Hossa. He played very well in that game, forcing turnovers particularly and setting up goals. I believe that double poster in the 3rd period was his set up, wasn't it? He is still an above average player plus do you think he would give it up one short of 500?
Plus Hossa retiring would completely bone the Hawks' already fucked salary cap situation.