Zombie Games

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just really want a game that is like the walking dead. Where the object is to survive and try and build society back somewhat. I just got dying light and it's fun and all, but I'd like a game that you have to kill zombies with a head shot and one head shot ends them. Also where there are no special weird zombies they are all just walking, eating dead people.

Dying light is fun and intense but I just don't like the zombie battles where you hit them like 5 times in the head and then they die. I'm also not a fan of the big hammer zombies or the spitters. I'm ok with the night zombies because that makes the game even more intense after dark.

I really enjoyed Last of Us, but it's really just linear. It's a great story and I like the one hit kill option you have in the game. But something similar with an open world would be interesting.

Idk that's just me. Are there any games out like that? What are your favorite zombie games and why?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I just really want a game that is like the walking dead. Where the object is to survive and try and build society back somewhat. I just got dying light and it's fun and all, but I'd like a game that you have to kill zombies with a head shot and one head shot ends them. Also where there are no special weird zombies they are all just walking, eating dead people.

Dying light is fun and intense but I just don't like the zombie battles where you hit them like 5 times in the head and then they die. I'm also not a fan of the big hammer zombies or the spitters. I'm ok with the night zombies because that makes the game even more intense after dark.

I really enjoyed Last of Us, but it's really just linear. It's a great story and I like the one hit kill option you have in the game. But something similar with an open world would be interesting.

Idk that's just me. Are there any games out like that? What are your favorite zombie games and why?

There are not zombie games like what you are thinking of.... you are getting at a Sandbox style zombie game.

If I ever won the lottery, I would make a video game and that is the kind of game I wanted to make.... a Sandbox style zombie apocalypse FPS.

I was going to make the first "Campagin" map be a Chicagoland area map (which will take along time to build lol) and you get to design your character, but you have to pick a campaign start type.... so say you pick Loop Office worker....then the zombie apocalypse breaks out and you gotta start from an office building downtown.... or maybe you pick truck driver and start off the Campaign driving a big rig down I-94 or maybe you are a tugboat worker on the Chicago river....

Would try to give all kinds of unique starting situations, but your path.... the way you would survive would be driven entirely by you.... go for a boat on the Lake.... go for a car and try to drive out.... go try to hijack a Metra train or CTA train.... try to fortify an office bulding.....

Things would start out with chaos.... zombies.... people turning.... NPCs you meet could be bitten and turning.... or not and become allies.... later in the game more zombies but also more hostile people to deal with when trying to get supplies or move around... other NPC (or human player) groups would survive and fortify and build themselves up.

I just need a few hundred million to get me going Monk.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
There actually is a Walking Dead game, but I'm not sure how it is. The closest game I can think of to what Monk is describing are the first two Resident Evils.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There actually is a Walking Dead game, but I'm not sure how it is. The closest game I can think of to what Monk is describing are the first two Resident Evils.

The Walking Dead game is a telltale game.... it is fun, but its really you playing through a story with alot of dialogue and cut scenes, but not a ton of real gameplay where you are fighting walkers or people.... and where you do that it is contained and scripted.

TWD game is alot of fun though, I recommend it.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Get into RTS games. It's the closest thing to what you're looking for (concept-wise, maybe not perspective-wise) until some developer has a major breakthrough in game mechanics.

Oh wait, just thought of one that is similar in concept. Rust.
https://playrust.com/

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is RTS?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
What is RTS?

Real time strategy, a genre of game where in most cases, you build your own town from preset buildings, and each building unlocks features to build or do other things. The idea is to take out the enemy or reach a destination. So many RTS games and styles, but most of them are a build your own world and survive style of game.

Specifically a Zombie RTS, I don't know of one that is released.

This one never came out, but looked promising and IIRC is still in development.

[video=youtube;eYEToyNkjMw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYEToyNkjMw[/video]

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
DayZ and H1Z1 are both open world zombie survival games. I've played neither, but both sound like the description in the OP.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;Hki0qBIgPiA]https://youtu.be/Hki0qBIgPiA[/video]

This one seems right in line with what Monk was looking for..... and it is a PS4 title

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Zombies ate my neighbors is the choice to beat. Plus none of that nonsensical crafting

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;Hki0qBIgPiA]https://youtu.be/Hki0qBIgPiA[/video]

This one seems right in line with what Monk was looking for..... and it is a PS4 title

Dude, that might be the one.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dude, that might be the one.

Seemed like it fit the criteria you were going for.... I would try it if it were on PC :(

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just so disappointing to see so much of the limited dev resources get poured into making iterations of the same game over and over. Lack of innovation and/or risk taking in the AAA market can get so annoying and tiresome.

(fyi - 7 days to die looks like an exception to what I am bitching about. kinda)

(fyi 2 - I have the same gripes about CoD clones)

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just so disappointing to see so much of the limited dev resources get poured into making iterations of the same game over and over. Lack of innovation and/or risk taking in the AAA market can get so annoying and tiresome.

(fyi - 7 days to die looks like an exception to what I am bitching about. kinda)

(fyi 2 - I have the same gripes about CoD clones)

I agree. Especially with the CoD clones. I was a big fan of the SOCOM games, but instead of expanding that style, they just made the newer games CoD games.

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
I played Left for Dead 2 for 20 minutes once.

Found it to be very boring. But I paid next to nothing for it on Steam.

The only zombie game I play right now it Dead Target on my phone for when it's slow at work.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I played Left for Dead 2 for 20 minutes once.

Found it to be very boring. But I paid next to nothing for it on Steam.

The only zombie game I play right now it Dead Target on my phone for when it's slow at work.

Did you get to any of the finales at the end of the campaigns? Those are alot of fun.... also playing it with real people is alot more fun than with CPU.... both the idiocy/hilarious drama people create and the fact you can attempt to use some form of teamwork.

Playing any L4D with 3 CPU teammates gets next to impossible on the harder difficulty levels, they are just too Special person and never use thrown items.

We should get a group of 4 on here who have it on Steam to play

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did you get to any of the finales at the end of the campaigns? Those are alot of fun.... also playing it with real people is alot more fun than with CPU.... both the idiocy/hilarious drama people create and the fact you can attempt to use some form of teamwork.

Playing any L4D with 3 CPU teammates gets next to impossible on the harder difficulty levels, they are just too Special person and never use thrown items.

We should get a group of 4 on here who have it on Steam to play

But I have no friends Ares!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk