2. only one more year of Bigfoot's caphit

That is all.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
1. the very painful Rozsival era is nearing it's close
2. only one more year of Bigfoot's caphit

That is all.
I don't get all the Roszival scapegoating. That goal that went in off of him was just shitty luck. He's a solid third pairing guy. He'll make some mistakes. He'll make some nice plays.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't get all the Roszival scapegoating. That goal that went in off of him was just shitty luck. He's a solid third pairing guy. He'll make some mistakes. He'll make some nice plays.

It's easy to blame Rozi. Not easy to name a replacement that would be an upgrade...

If you were Q, what would you do?

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Scratch Svedberg. Dress Ehrhoff.

That would help the offense but not necessarily the defense - Ehrhoff has been a turnover machine at times and I imagine against a physical team like the Blues that he wouldn't all of a sudden get better. Who knows though, I'm not a fan of Svedberg (mostly foot speed kills him and he only played 5 mins yesterday) it could be in the cards if the Blackhawks feel like they need some fresh legs back there.

Can't blame Rozsival. He is a pretty solid #6 dman but he certainly didn't have a good game yesterday. That happens with #6 dmen though.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
That would help the offense but not necessarily the defense - Ehrhoff has been a turnover machine at times and I imagine against a physical team like the Blues that he wouldn't all of a sudden get better. Who knows though, I'm not a fan of Svedberg (mostly foot speed kills him and he only played 5 mins yesterday) it could be in the cards if the Blackhawks feel like they need some fresh legs back there.

Can't blame Rozsival. He is a pretty solid #6 dman but he certainly didn't have a good game yesterday. That happens with #6 dmen though.
Ehrhoff at least has the ability to skate.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This series for us has been bad bounces thus far. None of the goals against were really soft at all (in spite of what the bandwagonners think--pejorative intended) so it's all going to come down to scoring more (meaning crisper passes and hitting a 4x6 target) and a bit tighter D--well, specifically, not deflecting pucks onto our own net.

Our boys have been controlling the play a lot. We're not out of it yet.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
It's easy to blame Rozi. Not easy to name a replacement that would be an upgrade...

If you were Q, what would you do?

Is Johnny Oduya a viable option? J/K, i just can't stand watching Rosi try to skate, it;s like he's stuck in peanut butter. Ehroff isn't any faster or better a skater, and he is indeed going to cough it up a time or two but i would much rather see him out there than Rosi.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Is Johnny Oduya a viable option? J/K, i just can't stand watching Rosi try to skate, it;s like he's stuck in peanut butter. Ehroff isn't any faster or better a skater, and he is indeed going to cough it up a time or two but i would much rather see him out there than Rosi.

Ehrhoff definitely is a better/faster skater but I doubt we see Rosi come out of the lineup. Q seems to trust him and that goes a long way in giving the top 3 guys some rest.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
BTW, i still think Hawks pull out this series in 7, but a couple additional observations:

1. Hoss is REALLY slowing down, i have always been a huge fan and he is still powerful and a great back-checker, but he also is exhibiting a rapid decline in puck skill and productivity (note: this watered-down version of Hoss is still a great asset, but IMO he is not 1st line material any more)

2. TT - cutting to the chase, he has been playing like a scared girl out there, so damn scared of board contact it is frustrating. and he should never line up on the dot for any zone faceoffs

3. Panarin is so damn impressive on the ice, this kid needs to really be appreciated not only for his snipering but his effort and strength on the puck are mind-blowing

Q needs to flip on the blender and mix it up, TT needs to sit a game and Ras should replace him.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought Panarin had a very good game yesterday, his face off / assist to Anisimov was special, they huddled right before the face off as if that was the plan, but also made some noticeable sticks and defensive plays.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought Panarin had a very good game yesterday, his face off / assist to Anisimov was special, they huddled right before the face off as if that was the plan, but also made some noticeable sticks and defensive plays.
Panarin is legit. Pretty sure he and/or Anisimov drew that up beforehand or something because all it took was just a quick glance and they knew. The chemistry on that line is great.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Got a ton of possible changes in my mind
...lets see if any happen

Gustafson for svedberg
Neither will play much more than 8-10 mins but a bit more offense on the 3rd pairing with rosivald...and svedberg has never looked any good to me.

Fwds

2nd line has been great all year...but
Kane and panarin are similar fast stick handling playmakers while the other 4 are more grinder pkaymakers....maybe flip kane and hossa or panarin and ladd??

Bottom 2 lines

Teuvo has been soft and brutal...but still offers a mini version of kane and panarin....how about

Teuvo-rasmussen-fleishman
Shaw-krueger-deshardins (worked well last year)

Or just line em up the way bowman envisioned when he made his trades:

Fleishman-tuevo-weiss (actually didnt mind him last game)
Shaw-krueger-deshardins

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why not?

The only positive about last game was Crawford going Hextall and Keith and Shaw showing some passion (before Shaw went full Kim Davis).

Everything else in the game reminded me of an egg salad shart. The D sucked, Crawford let in one softie, Kane couldn't hit the broadside of both Mike and Molly, Seabrook played like it was a practice, TVR and Rosie proved they should never be on the ice at the same time (if on the ice at all), no one but Shaw and Ladd have the clockweights to go to the front of the net, Toews has looked very Milquetoast (and barely worth 6.3, much less 10.5), and our passing is about as accurate as an Imperial Storm Trooper from Star Wars.

The blues look hungry and are playing as such. We look feeble.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At least the Cubs are on fire. Best record in baseball, although it's so early.....

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At least the Cubs are on fire. Best record in baseball, although it's so early.....
My dad's probably happy but I'm not a baseball fan.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The only positive I've got left is that both Toews and Kane are due for some goals.