Game 5 IGT: Blackhawks @ Blues 4/21 at 8:30 p.m.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I think this game lives and dies with the success of Toews and Kane. Neither has scored in this series. Any of the discussion on why this team is down 3-1 in a series has to start there. And any talk of how to come back from that deficit also has to start there.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Shawser called the ref/linesman a cocksucker do you think he would still get suspended?
Nope for 1 good reason:

In the words of Lenny Bruce: A cocksucker is not just a bad man, it's also a good woman.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sounds like you guys are pretty pumped up for this one.

If we can win this one I will hug HawkWriter instead of breaking his jaw.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I think this game lives and dies with the success of Toews and Kane. Neither has scored in this series. Any of the discussion on why this team is down 3-1 in a series has to start there. And any talk of how to come back from that deficit also has to start there.

Kane hasn't scored but he is certainly creating opportunities both with passing and shooting - tied for the team lead in points with 4 assists so obviously he is helping out. Toews needs to get going all around and he has been at his best in elimination games. Hard to put it on the two of them when guys like Ladd, Hossa, TT, AA only have 2 points between the 4 of them. Some of the credit has to go to Elliot but everyone needs to step up.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Need more shots from the point for deflections or rebound goals....

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Nope for 1 good reason:

In the words of Lenny Bruce: A cocksucker is not just a bad man, it's also a good woman.

I thought that was George Carlin?

Kane hasn't scored but he is certainly creating opportunities both with passing and shooting - tied for the team lead in points with 4 assists so obviously he is helping out. Toews needs to get going all around and he has been at his best in elimination games. Hard to put it on the two of them when guys like Ladd, Hossa, TT, AA only have 2 points between the 4 of them. Some of the credit has to go to Elliot but everyone needs to step up.

Kane has had way, way too many prime scoring opportunities in this series for him to be without a goal. And I have little difficulty putting it on the two of them when they make up 30% of the salary cap. They've always carried this team and they will continue to do so while members of the team. When they don't succeed, the team won't.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought that was George Carlin?

Kane has had way, way too many prime scoring opportunities in this series for him to be without a goal. And I have little difficulty putting it on the two of them when they make up 30% of the salary cap. They've always carried this team and they will continue to do so while members of the team. When they don't succeed, the team won't.
Carlin said it, but I think Lenny Bruce said it first. Either way it bears repeating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I was ready to stay optimistic, then I saw Panik on the top line.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Can Toews get going all around? He is 28 and showed up this year a severely diminished player. If anyone knows why?

I'm wondering if he has a switch to turn right now or his conditioning was off, training or diet change, injured or worn body parts.

What I mean is most of us dismissed the issue as regular season, between that, our lack of powerful men, and then all the bounces going against and Eliiot playing freaky, and then Crawford playing well up until he completely loses his shit and focus

we are lucky to be alive. With this team we are never dead but we seem defeated too.

I'm lost as to what to expect, but picking Hawks again cuz I've seen this movie before.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
What part do you disagree with? Sorry, I don't speak fluent gif.

Serious question - what did Shaw actually say? I head he called some Blues players "cocksuckers"? true, false, is there more to it?

Just looking for some context, thanks.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Yeah. His hair cut is fucking gay! He needs to be trendy and look like a bitch to get pussy?

Who would win in a real life fight, on grass, Raskolnikov or Shaw? I think I could end his jaw with one crack at it.

What I don't understand is what is wrong with that guy? I realize why poor sports ascend anyway in hockey despite having zero sports ethics, but does he have to hurt the team all the time to get petty revenge?

Look shaw your a bitch!! I've never seen him win a fight, his face is getting deformed from the abuse he takes by drawing the ire of every single team.

I guess poor sports are accepted because agitation is helpful, but he just seems like a punching bag out there.

IDK about you, but Shaw is about my size and i have loads of ring experience, and I am fairly certain he would put me to sleep.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Prediction: Toews puts us on the board with an ugly rebound, Blues tie it late in Period 2. 3rd period, rebound off a Ladd wrister, and #22 pushes it through the 5-hole for the game winner.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Richard Panik-Jonathan Toews-Patrick Kane

Artemi Panarin-Artem Anisimov-Teuvo Teravainen

Andrew Ladd-Marcus Kruger-Marian Hossa

Brandon Mashinter-Andrew Desjardins-Dale Weise

still rather see Fleischmann on the 4th. Otherwise, a shakeup we need.

That said, Mashinter will prolly tip in a Rundblad shot from the point for the GWG!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Q will just keep spinning the line wheel until something works :elephant: