In order to win this series....

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
...we are going to need some ugly goals and/or lucky bounces.

Let's face it, our team is physically fried, probably mentally drained. And we have no semblance of competent depth on D behind the top 3 guys. And the Blues are pretty stacked, have the home ice, and a 3-2 advantage.

That said, i still like our chances and would never bet against this group.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not over till it's over. They have done it before and can do it again. I still have faith.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
The Hawks are of championship pedigree people would be foolish to count them out. Yes, we're basically down to 2 D-men -- this is the most gassed I've ever seen Seabrook. But we could easily have won Game 3 had Kane not had that idiotic penalty. And we could easily have won Game 4 had the puck gone 1/8" further behind Elliot.

We one of the mentally toughest teams in the NHL and if we win Game 6, it's going to be really hard to beat us in Game 7.

Blues suck!!! GO Hawks.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
...we are going to need some ugly goals and/or lucky bounces.

Let's face it, our team is physically fried, probably mentally drained. And we have no semblance of competent depth on D behind the top 3 guys. And the Blues are pretty stacked, have the home ice, and a 3-2 advantage.

That said, i still like our chances and would never bet against this group.

I concur. I was just thinking last night how mentally drained this team looks. Making mental mistakes too frequently, they are hardly ever on the same page, and just don't fight for the puck like they used to. But I don't want to see them lose against this Elmer Fudd fuckface of a coach and these cheap shot artists

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I concur. I was just thinking last night how mentally drained this team looks. Making mental mistakes too frequently, they are hardly ever on the same page, and just don't fight for the puck like they used to. But I don't want to see them lose against this Elmer Fudd fuckface of a coach and these cheap shot artists

Well put.

Between #88 and #72, we probably score more "pretty" goals then any other team. But this is playoff hockey, we need Ladd and Toews to push in some ugly rebound scraps, win some more board/corner battles, and we need a goal or two from the 3rd and 4th line to move on to the next round.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Players are emerging to fill voids though. Panik gave effort and contributed hits. Fleishman Rozi and Shaw will be rested and employed onto the ice.

The D legs are a concern. Seabrook is a big tired man.

But as they keep reminding us, the Blues have fifteen "above average" big tired men.

It's possible one of our coincidental secrets in cup runs is these extensive extra period series wearing out the legs of the bigger team and opening up our skill. We last long enough and it's then our advantage being smaller and lighter and all that goes into pushing lactic acid out and preparing for the next game, big guys have a harder time getting the legs back because they are asking more of them and the tissue is deeper.

The Blues don't know it yet but they are literally fish in a barrel in game 6.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For all of the chatter aboot all of the hitting the Blues are doing and wearing down the Hawks, it also wears them down...maybe more just because of the energy they exert when seeking out a Hawk player and carry out the hit.

I didn't think they were as aggressive last night as they were on Tues in the UC, they could be wearing down from just coming at the Hawks so hard. Can they keep up the intense play ? Are the Hawks standing their ground (playing disciplined) and letting the Blues tire themselves out, maybe even doing somewhat of a rope a dope (unintentionally)?

Playoffs past (Vancouver,Boston, Anaheim) the Hawks were written off by some because no one thought they could handle the hitting the opposition put on them and would crumble from the physical punishment.

So as the series enters game 6 the Hawks have had little production from their top scorers. Will Kane, Breadman,Toews, Ladd, Hoss, etc. stay silent or are they are due. Game 6 will give them 1st change and at this point Coach Q, "the magical line generator" knows what the Blues are doing and should out strategize Hitchcock.

The Blues haven't been out of the first rnd in quite a while, they're in uncharted water here. They need to beat the Hawks a 3rd time on their ice in this round, they have to be feeling some pressure, a lot.
c35fe76f-2155-4031-b3bb-09202058f1a2-460x276.jpeg

Last edited:

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
The Hawks are of championship pedigree people would be foolish to count them out. Yes, we're basically down to 2 D-men -- this is the most gassed I've ever seen Seabrook. But we could easily have won Game 3 had Kane not had that idiotic penalty. And we could easily have won Game 4 had the puck gone 1/8" further behind Elliot.

We one of the mentally toughest teams in the NHL and if we win Game 6, it's going to be really hard to beat us in Game 7.

Blues suck!!! GO Hawks.

Shoulda had game 1, lucky bounce off TVR blade for the Blues..such a close series a battle of wills..I expect Shaw to play like a rabid dog, should be an intense game.