FInal press conference of the season happening now

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
You can watch it here if you're into that type of thing.

Q is talking now, Bowman already talked, and several players usually come up to the podium as well.

I'll post updates of what was said already and what will be said through the day.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I know some of you can't see embedded tweets on work computers, so know that everything I'm posting below is taken straight from the Twitter pages of the Hawks beat reporters (Laz and Myers mainly)

Notable statements from Stan Bowman:

Bowman said he'll explore trades and the free agency, but in the cap system, the growth must come from within

Said d-man Ville Pokka took the next step this season and is "trending" in the right direction toward the NHL

Other young guys mentioned as promising players in Rockford: Mark McNeill, Ryan Hartman, Vinnie Hinostroza, Tanner Kero, Tyler Motte

Asked about buying out Bickell: "We have a lot of options on players. Buyout is one of them. Still premature." Waiting on cap number. Also cited the cap number when asked about Andrew Shaw's future.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Summing up Q's talk:

No one was carrying any major injuries in the playoffs, which is incredibly rare in the NHL.
Referred to Andrew Shaw as "irreplaceable."
Expects the entire coaching staff to return next season.
Said he'd like Teuvo to be more consistent.

In two statements that will probably surprise a lot of people:

Said TVR may have been the best player in the last series
Said that the team's biggest issue this was season was the lack of a consistent four-line rotation (not the defense)

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Said that the team's biggest issue this was season was the lack of a consistent four-line rotation (not the defense)
Indeed, I am surprised.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Hammer didn't stop his razor after shaving the beard.

ChENZaIUgAEX9Ww.jpg

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Panarin will play for Russia in the World Championships.

Kruger said his wrist was close to 100 percent but not quite there. Still has some rehab work to do in the offseason. Was hopeful that he won't need any offseason surgeries.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
ChENZaIUgAEX9Ww.jpg

vjfplVy.jpg

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Shaw, to no one's surprise: "I want to be here. This place is my home."

Toews said he was still in shock about them losing. Also did express some frustration about his lower goal/point totals this season but said he had to keep reminding himself about the other areas of the game that don't show up on the scoresheet.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Both Shaw and Ladd hinted at being open to taking discounts to remain with the team.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Shaw, to no one's surprise: "I want to be here. This place is my home."

Toews said he was still in shock about them losing. Also did express some frustration about his lower goal/point totals this season but said he had to keep reminding himself about the other areas of the game that don't show up on the scoresheet.

Whatever helps you sleep at night Capt Donuts

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Panik said he'd like to be back, of course.

Marian Hossa said he felt comfortable in the third-line role, especially since his minutes didn't decrease. Would be open to it next year.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Summing up Q's talk:

No one was carrying any major injuries in the playoffs, which is incredibly rare in the NHL.
Referred to Andrew Shaw as "irreplaceable."
Expects the entire coaching staff to return next season.
Said he'd like Teuvo to be more consistent.

Is that due to him constantly changing lines or insufficient talent available to him for composing lines with proper chemistry.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is that due to him constantly changing lines or insufficient talent available to him for composing lines with proper chemistry.

Its cause he changes lines every 12 seconds like Bigfoot playing NHL 16

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Both Shaw and Ladd hinted at being open to taking discounts to remain with the team.

Seems unlikely to keep both of them without them both agreeing to numbers much below their value. It'd be great to have them both back doe.

Kind of what Saad said last year and we know how that turned out.

Last edited:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Probably going to be substantial discounts then...hope it happens but I'm betting one or both will have to go.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like Ladd but I love Shaw!

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know some of you can't see embedded tweets on work computers, so know that everything I'm posting below is taken straight from the Twitter pages of the Hawks beat reporters (Laz and Myers mainly)

Notable statements from Stan Bowman:

Bowman said he'll explore trades and the free agency, but in the cap system, the growth must come from within

Said d-man Ville Pokka took the next step this season and is "trending" in the right direction toward the NHL

Other young guys mentioned as promising players in Rockford: Mark McNeill, Ryan Hartman, Vinnie Hinostroza, Tanner Kero, Tyler Motte

Asked about buying out Bickell: "We have a lot of options on players. Buyout is one of them. Still premature." Waiting on cap number. Also cited the cap number when asked about Andrew Shaw's future.
Ran the buyout numbers:
16-17 Cap hit 1,000,000 (cap savings of 3,000,000)
17-18 Cap hit 1,500,000 (cap hit of 1,500,000)

Buying him out helps secure Shaw as a signing and cushions Panarin's cap bonus from hitting his numbers this season. Looking at cap numbers for the UFA/RFAs to see who possibly may stay next season, because if Panarin hits 70+ points again he's going to command a nice payday in 17-18.