FInal press conference of the season happening now

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Hossa will give a very solid year next year. I also think that if they move him down to the 3rd or 4th line, he still will be an excellent FORCE on this team. He had a very good play-off and is still one of the best two way players on the Hawks.

We'll see. If he plays 65 games and scores 35 points, then I'll take it if the D is still there and he can soak up PK minutes.
It just seems like he had it, then couldn't get it going. Let's just hope his production doesn't tail off a la Brad Richards.
The gamble was good on Hossa. The payment is fine. I just don't know if he's bouncing back as quickly as he did after his Torres-ing. If he continues to produce low numbers, the team has to realistically look at their options and free up his cap hit for younger, more productive talent.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
The gamble and pay off on Hossas deal was well worth it and something you take 10/10. The alternative too of re-signing only healthy in a contract year Havlat would of been disheartening.

There is no freeing up his cap hit other than an injury to be able to ltir him with ending his career.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We'll see. If he plays 65 games and scores 35 points, then I'll take it if the D is still there and he can soak up PK minutes.
It just seems like he had it, then couldn't get it going. Let's just hope his production doesn't tail off a la Brad Richards.
The gamble was good on Hossa. The payment is fine. I just don't know if he's bouncing back as quickly as he did after his Torres-ing. If he continues to produce low numbers, the team has to realistically look at their options and free up his cap hit for younger, more productive talent.

Hossa did what Toews and Kane couldn't: Get it going in the playoffs.

I don't think Hossa's Pronger'ed until his D goes.

I think Hossa's decline is less of an issue than getting Toews & Seabrook to play at their paygrade next season.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hossa did what Toews and Kane couldn't: Get it going in the playoffs.

I don't think Hossa's Pronger'ed until his D goes.

I think Hossa's decline is less of an issue than getting Toews & Seabrook to play at their paygrade next season.

Wait you mean Seabrook should playe better than Rob Scuderi?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I like seabs but man that cap hit next year and in the future is a tough one for a player that is going to decline

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wait you mean Seabrook should playe better than Rob Scuderi?
:D
Last year Toews played somewhat like a 6.3M player, not a 10.5M player.

Taking Seabs O into consideration, he was more like a 3.5-4Mplayer, not a 5.9 and certainly not a 6.875M player.

The reality of the matter is that Hoss is still viable as long as he's still one of, if not the, best defensive forward we have. This year he was good defensively even though his O was lacking until the playoffs. At 37, do you expect anything different though?

Toews literally has no excuse, but on the flipside I think the odds are high he dominates next year. Anyone who thinks Toews/Kane would play at a 10M standard every year of their 8M deals was fooling themselves.

Brent "The Refrigerator" Seabrook need to hit the gym this summer and get back to being solid defensively. If the team can run 3 defensibly-responsible D-men the team will be in decent shape.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pokka and Forsling will get a serious look in Training camp this fall, the D needs to get better.

Last edited:

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks