Bears have a real draft plan with Pace..

Newblood

Liked Posts:
41 (490) for 49 (410) + 117 (60) + next yr 4th (42-104 depending on slot) 470 + x (min 512) vs 490

49 (410) for 56 (340), 124 (48).... 410 vs 384... - 26 which is roughly equal to pick 162 (26.2 ) in da 5th

add in min +22 from the prior trade, value =s 4.0... which is in compensatory land between rd 6 and 7. so thats the high end cost of pace doing biz in terms of value i suppose

however, on the other hand and the high end where next years fourth could equal 104...plus adding to this year is 616 - 490 = 126 - 4 = +122 in paces favor.... or gaining the value of a compensatory pick between rounds 3 and 4.

holy fuck.. fixed again....

i no goods wif maths and reading

Just give it up. Couldn't understand what you was trying to say the 1st, 2nd or 3rd time. Are you purposely trying to turn a simple question into a cluster fuck?

AussieBear

Just give it up. Couldn't understand what you was trying to say the 1st, 2nd or 3rd time. Are you purposely trying to turn a simple question into a cluster fuck?

[video=youtube;xDSdO87Lg8c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDSdO87Lg8c[/video]

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Great move for the future 4th. Works out for us and the Bills.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
What I particularly like is his refusal to take a player above his grade. He could have grabbed Whitehair at 49 but didn't, instead opting to get a 4th rounder and take his player at 56.

Svic

Liked Posts:
I thought Pace took day 2 of the draft out, bought it a nice steak dinner, and then laid it down and made love to it.

Cody Whitehair
Jonathan Bullars
3x 4th round picks

That is still hard for me to believe.

I'm afraid it might have a been a little more violent. Maybe like 50 shades of grey type of shit.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
:obama: Uh, yeah they did. Drinking the Orange and Blue Kool-Aid is acceptable!! Orange and Blue Kool-aid enemas are creepy.

That's your opinion. I'm looking forward to Floyd flying past Spriggs on his way to Rodgers. Or McPhee knocking him on his ass... Whitehair isn't sexy but he's a better football player than Spriggs. Some Bear fans have such a complex when it comes to the Packers.

From Walter Football:

Green Bay Packers, Jason Spriggs Grade C
It's surprising to see the Packers make such a splash move like this. It doesn't seem necessary either. Jason Spriggs tested extremely well at the Combine, but he has several things to work on before becoming a starter, as he's pretty raw. I think Green Bay could've waited on tackle depth and perhaps a starter for 2017. There were just other needs to address, and Green Bay could've obtained a better football player without trading up.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would have preferred Tunsil, Alexander/Robison in rounds 1-2. I like the third round pick but I can't anoint Pace a draft guru until/if Floyd pans out. If Floyd is a flop, this is C grade draft at best. However, if he does, that changes things drastically. 4th round picks are just that 4th round picks. You need to hit a home run in the first, and to date, Pace has yet to prove he can do that. Time will tell.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
All just my opinion:

I think Pace went into last night with Chris Jones and Hunter Henry as his targets at 41. Once those guys were selected, he looked at the board, saw the value and traded back with Buffalo. As that picked approached, he realized they still had plenty of like grades on their board and started dialogue to trade back again. I do not believe the Packers took Spriggs from him. I believe the Bears were on the phone well in advance of that pick. They ended up with Whitehair, a guy that they really like. He was in for a private visit and Pace said they were extremely impressed.

They had to love the value with Bullard and refused to take a chance and they grabbed their guy. So Pace ended up with two excellent football players and two extra 4ths this year in a deep draft and a 4th next year that gets him back to a full seven picks for 2017. Nice work for sure...

I was right about Chris Jones. Comcast is airing a post draft show. Hub said the Bears had Dallas on the line and close to a deal to get in front of KC to grab Jones but Jerry Jones decided he had to have Jaylon Smith and killed the deal. Interesting...

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
@ChicagoBears: Pace on Packers trading up one spot ahead of #Bears: "It really didn't affect us."

Douche151 again wrong and looking like an ass.....first Lions spewing and now GB garbage :lmao: Lovin it.....regular as clockwork

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Worst GM in the NFL thinks there is great value in the 4th round. No production from his draft last year and this year isnt looking any better

Same old Ommy. You don't let reality get in your way when you want to spew your venom.

Kevin White, WR, West Virginia: No production because he got hurt and was out for the year. Sure, Pace is a horrible GM because he didn't predict a future injury, but of course unoriginal Ommy is going to say that White is made of Balsa wood and use the same old image. By the end of the year, he will ignore when people remind him of the balsa wood comment because White will have had a good to great year.

Eddie Goldman, NT, Florida State: an exciting building block of the Bears defense, but no production in Ommy's eyes.

Hroniss Grasu, C, Oregon: Not productive due to lack of strength issues. With a year of strength training and the new cut block rules, he may, I said may, be productive because, going forward, we will need more athletic linemen because of the implications of the new cut block rule.

Jeremy Langford, RB, Michigan State: 3.6 yard per rush and 12.7 yards per reception is ok production. Seeing that he will be part of a 3 headed rushing attack, he will probably be something like 700 rushing yards and 500 receiving yards in 2016.

Adrian Amos, S, Penn State: Amos won a starting safety position. Not bad for an unproductive 5th rounder, huh?

Tayo Fabuluje, OT, TCU: Not productive because he was drafted as a project, a massive project.

Wow, what an unproductive 2015 draft class. Starting the 2016 season, there will be at least 4 starters from that class if not 5.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would tend to agree that judging a draft class is best done more than one year removed. If White tears it up, Lanford starts and is better than mediocre and Goldman continues to improve it is a very good draft. Amos is already a good pick. If Grasu ends up starting this year or next then the draft looks even better. Simply too early except for "the sky is falling" part of the fan base.

I think Pace has a plan. Some might not agree with it or may not understand it but I think he has calculated plan. One year isn't a large enough sample size to accurately access the success of failure of said plan. So, to me, it comes down to whether or not you want to see the glass as half full or half empty.

bareness

Liked Posts:
I read your posts all the time and I don't understand your problem with the Bears draft last year where most players played except for white and the tackle in the seventh. Last year 4th round pick is projected to be our starting tail back. So again I don't understand your issue?

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Worst GM in the NFL thinks there is great value in the 4th round. No production from his draft last year and this year isnt looking any better

lol, common Ommy, I get a kick out of your old fart negative nancy attitude most of the time but this is over the top... 7 TD's from a 4th round rookie rb isn't production? 5th round safety playing majority of the snaps at safety and at least playing honorably, better than 3/4 of the safety's we have had on this team in the last 5 years. Then Eddie Goldman as well... Comon man. Your literally off your rocker.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is 100% incorrect. The "too early" part of the fan base are those claiming the 2015 draft was a success. Kevin White spent 2015 with a rod in his leg.

Exactly, cuts both ways.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Judging draft classes based on "starters" is a terrible way to go about it. That was the genius of Jerry Angelo...every year he would be getting numerous starters from his draft, because the previous drafts were so terrible. The only reason Grasu and Langford can be called 'starters' is because Forte and Slauson were shipped out. To say that Amos "won" a starting job is ridiculous...the Bears basically had no one else to play at FS after Rolle got hurt.

When your top 10 pick has 0 plays, I have no idea how anyone can take issue with the 2015 draft being 'unproductive'. Its obviously still a huge question mark. Grasu was terrible. Amos wasn't very good. Langford was ok. White didn't play. Goldman was the only good player in 2015. I guess I'm not understanding the 'multiple viewpoints' on this...to me, its pretty simple stuff. Until Kevin White manages to take part in an NFL game, there is no way to even quantify the 2015 draft, much less make it seem as if it were successful at this point in time.

I agree with this. The only real guys that "popped" from last years draft class to me were Langford and Goldman...and even then Langford is more of a "hope" than he did anything constantly last year to warrant real positive projections. Amos was a guy who averaged 3 tackles a game and didn't generate any turnovers. Not seeing the big deal with him. He could end up being a very serviceable NFL safety but last season didn't really do much for me regardless of how many all rookie teams he made, because as we discussed months ago there was virtually no competition for those safety spots on the All Rookie teams.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I agree with this. The only real guys that "popped" from last years draft class to me were Langford and Goldman...and even then Langford is more of a "hope" than he did anything constantly last year to warrant real positive projections. Amos was a guy who averaged 3 tackles a game and didn't generate any turnovers. Not seeing the big deal with him. He could end up being a very serviceable NFL safety but last season didn't really do much for me regardless of how many all rookie teams he made, because as we discussed months ago there was virtually no competition for those safety spots on the All Rookie teams.

I agree with this overall but I think there is something to be said for Amos starting 16 games and, for the most part, not making mistakes. Who knows if he will ever be more than serviceable but a lot of rookies in the secondary get exposed quick and, for the most part, Amos did not.

Langford had flashes and looks to be at minimum a nice change of pace back. Goldman was the gem of the class. Led all NTs in sacks as a rookie which is very impressive and continued to get better. Imagine him with more talent around him this year? Goldman is one of the most exciting parts of this team to watch going forward.