Jordan Howard

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
This was a great and needed pick. While we won't be able to replicate Forte's production, the trio of Howard, Langford, and Carey combined with the new interior line might reap some good yards in the running game.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Maybe not being able to rely on the running back will force Cutler to actually make plays down the field like the better QBs can do. Best case scenario the offense gets more dynamic. Worst case scenario his lack of ability to get it done is exposed and the front office finally realizes he isn't the guy. Kind of a long term win-win.

The play calling was dumbed down last year with excessive runs in passing situations and an incessant number of predictable screens. Gase was praised up and down for doing that as it throttled our turnover prone QB. I think we'll see the same stuff from the new OC who will be judged by 1) the points the O scores and 2) the number of turnovers Cutty has with (2) being unfair. If Cutty was a turnover machine last year, I don't think Gase gets the job in Miami with one of the goals to coach up Ryan Tannehill.

RisWell01

Liked Posts:
He is definitely built for the NFL

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Arthur Arkush ‏@ArthurArkush 43m43 minutes ago
Want to get excited about new #Bears RB Howard? Anonymous scout told Nawrocki he's Le'Veon Bell-like second-round talent.

Bell got much better after his rookie year where he dropped 10-15 pounds making him quicker and more agile. Howard plays a little stiff and if he dropped 10 pounds of clean weight he can kick his game up another level.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Yep. If Pace doesn't get a QB next year when he isn't anchored to Cutler's contract, then we'll know he's ok with Jay and Desbro and co will be correct. In 2016, Phil Emery's genius is still upon us.

Lmfao just let it go.

You're seriously in denial. Once again micks already waiting for next year LOL

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lmfao just let it go.

You're seriously in denial. Once again micks already waiting for next year LOL

You do realize that the idiotic contract given to Cutler by Emery is still in the guaranteed money stage, do you not? Next year will be the first year that the team will be able to release him without a crushing cap hit. I realize that the attention you pay Cutler is based mostly around jerking off to his "swag", so you likely aren't aware of that, but it's true.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
You do realize that the idiotic contract given to Cutler by Emery is still in the guaranteed money stage, do you not? Next year will be the first year that the team will be able to release him without a crushing cap hit. I realize that the attention you pay Cutler is based mostly around jerking off to his "swag", so you likely aren't aware of that, but it's true.

Can we please not bring Cutler into this thread? Please? There is literally no reason to be talking about him. It makes you all look crazy.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
KaDeem Carey has no role here

You don't know that. Now, I wouldn't say he has much of a chance of having a significant role here, but the Bears will keep at least 3 backs and possibly 4. Carey contributed on special teams last year and is the kind of back who can maximize a small amount of touches. Not to mention injuries. Fox likes using multiple backs, and that means having multiple backs to use. Carey and Rodgers could both end up making the team.

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can we please not bring Cutler into this thread? Please? There is literally no reason to be talking about him. It makes you all look crazy.

Don't you know that every single thread for the past few years and few years to come is about Cutler.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
If Howard was a better pass catcher, he probably goes higher. Still doesn't take away from the value Pace got in the 5th round.

He also compliments Langford nicely.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
What on earth are you talking about? Carey's long run last year...11 yards. Carey's career long run/reception/kick return...22 yards.

Sorry, but you are completely making stuff up or you have misquoted the Garrett Wolfe self-scouting report.

I'm just saying he runs hard and has shown an ability to attack the line and get some tough yards in a limited role. Some guys need a lot of carries to be effective. Carey will maximize every touch he gets. We're talking about a 3rd or 4th running back. I'm not saying he's going to be taking it to the house on every run. Just saying that he could have a role in the back field.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
So its more like the Marion Barber self-scouting report. Gotcha.

Barber had 33 TDS in his first three years in the NFL. Getting that type of value and production out of a 5th round pick would be incredible. That's high praise right there.