Jordan Howard

Jagtogg

Liked Posts:
I hope he shows his stuff and gets a good share of carries early on in the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
Love this pick. Better vision than Langford and Carey. He will be the best back on the team.

Agreed. NFL.com had him as second to third round talent. Pace got phenomenal value here, and a guy who may end up being the starting RB for several years.

Scooter27

Liked Posts:
Love this pick. Better vision than Langford and Carey. He will be the best back on the team.

I hope he will be, he looks promising.

I think this draft is starting to shape up a little bit for me now.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Analysis

Strengths Showed ability to step his game up against top competition at both UAB and Indiana. Rushed for at least 145 yards in every full game he played. Natural runner who combines tempo with a special feel for spacial relationships. Pro*-ready vision gives him outstanding feel for run lane developments at the line of scrimmage and onto the second level. Consistently chooses best angles and creases for optimal yardage. For a big back, can make himself skinny through tight quarters. Decisive and punishing. Drops pads and accelerates into contact to batter would-*be tacklers on the second and third levels. Drives legs through arm tackles and goes about his work. Hard-*charging when it’s third- or fourth-and-short. Showed potential in screen game as receiver.

Weaknesses Doesn't have sudden one cut ability and has to tap brakes to hit it downhill on outside zone runs. One-speed runner. Can be chased down by backside sprinters before getting to the second level. Takes big hits due to bruising running style. Scouts concerned about ability to stay healthy. Missed four games and parts of three others with knee and ankle injuries. Upright pads and narrow base leads to slips and balance issues when trying to make sharp cuts. Rarely factored into passing game at UAB or Indiana.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/jordan-howard?id=2555418

Wow! This pick is a steal!

DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 2 or 3

SOURCES TELL US "He's the best pure running back in this draft. I've coached some good ones and he's what you look for. His injuries will knock him back a round or so, and he's not as well-rounded as Ezekiel Elliott is, but I think this kid is the best runner in this year's draft." -- AFC running backs coach

NFL COMPARISON Arian Foster

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Pace knows his shit. This kid is going to be a monster.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
And Fox gets his bruising RB to run short yardage behind our new run mauling OL. Great addition. Him and Langford will give the Bears a Bash and Flash RB rotation.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Love the pick, him being a Hoosier is the cherry on a top, but he is quick with good vision and a desire to punish. I can guarantee you wont see any shoe string tackles with him.

[video=youtube_share;otzk5QUSjAY]https://youtu.be/otzk5QUSjAY[/video]

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
We can really split the carries between Howard/Langford/Carey, we're solid at running back now and with that interior line we've built for ourselves with Slauson/Long/Whitehair we're going to have a potent running game I think. This will make things a lot easier on Cutler. We have a mean looking front 7 now as well, watch for us to compete for the NFC North title this season.