dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Cam Chancellor in the 5th is an A. Amos, at this time, not so much. That could change but the grade is based on now not predictions.

Ok i'll give that one to you and i'll change it from a A to a B-

And it's Kam not Cam.....just sayin.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Baseball and football are two different animals. The turnaround/rebuild time in football is much shorter. Fewer games, greater impact of coaching, injuries to other teams, schedule, etc. Kyle Schwarber displays great MLB potential, breaks his leg, and the Cubs remain in 1st place. Kevin White doesn't make it to training camp, is replaced by Rich Mariani, Bears go 6-10 and remain in division cellar...Pace's 1st draft is termed a "success".

I guess the difference is twofold (in a nutshell)...Kris Bryant doesn't have a metal rod in his leg, and the Cubs waited until they had Zobrist before shipping Castro off. About the only similarity is that at one point the Cubs sucked, and right now the Bears sucked. Pace has done a great job of disassembling this roster...perhaps one day he will have a roster worthy of a .500 record!

Everyone has their own opinion.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm sorry, your assumptions have me somewhat perplexed. Because we didn't re-up Forte, traded Bennet, and Cut Slauson... the Bears will have a crap offense this year?

Matt Forte (Not known as the best short yardage back)
262 touches 1287 yards 7 TDs (4 Rushing, 3 Receiving)
Jeremy Langford
170 touches 816 yards 7 TDs (6 rushing, 1 Receiving)
* Matt Forte better YPC and Jeremy Langford better Yards per Reception

I would net this as a loss at the RB position, but not a big loss. We can only compare this season's trio to last season trio, when this season ends. New RB that could be a really good starter or rotational Back makes this only a small ? because Langford's stats are fairly close to Forte's

Martellus Bennett
53 catches 439 yards 3 TDs
*This is NOT production that is irreplaceable. I expect even "glass leg"(or whatever you haters call him) to be able to match, but will most likely exceed that production
TE weapon production will be replaced by WR weapon production... EASILY. We only need a decent TE to keep things equal - better

Matt Slouson
Good Guard I didn't like the release, but there was something that the Bears obviously didn't like about his play (whether it was injury or that he didn't fit the scheme) the Bears wouldn't have released him without thinking they had someone comparable or better (he wasn't making THAT much money)...
*Fan Unknown

There is nothing in these three losses that make me think. "OMG WE ARE SCREWED THIS YEAR!!!"

You either need better statistics to back up your assumptions, or you just need to be funnier with your trolling.

The Bears lost 6 games by 7 points or less last year; with a -4 turnover ratio. If the defense can bring us in the positive turnover ratio and the offense even remains as good, then the Bears are a much better team.

The sky is not falling, but if it makes you feel better to think so... at least keep the rest of us out of your fantasies.

The biggest loss to our offense out of those three is Marty because when he's happy he was a top 5/7 TE in the NFL. We'll be fine without Forte because Fox knows how to run the ball and Forte hasn't been a great runner but was a great pass catcher.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I could have given this its own thread but someone told me to stop beating a dead horse so...

PFF's top 16 picks of the Nfl Draft:
1. Jonathan Bullard, DE, Chicago Bears
To find a defensive lineman with Bullard’s upside in the third round is ridiculous value. However, Bullard isn’t even a high-risk, high-reward type player. His run-stopping ability will most certainly translate to the NFL after he led all of college with a +51.5 run defense grade a year ago. It’s a question of whether his athleticism will ever begin to translate as a pass rusher after he posted the 68th-best pass rushing grade in the FBS last year.

2. Cody Whitehair, OG, Chicago Bears
Whitehair is another college tackle that will almost certainly slide inside because of length concerns. He was the cleanest college tackle in the nation a year ago, leading all of the FBS in grading. His positioning and technique are already at the level of a seasoned NFL veteran and if he can put a bit more strength on his frame, Whitehair has the potential to be a top-5 interior lineman.

I know it doesn't mean much but, out of the top 16 picks they believe the Bears made the top 2.

When has that ever happened???

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sure, he's played pretty good when he was on the field - what, 60% of the time? Cutler's contract was inherited and they're finally free of dead money (I think) so it will be interesting to see what happens next year, you know, when they won't have that boat anchor on the books.

So yes, Forte, Marshall, Bennett, Slauson they are in rebuild mode.

Try nearly 80% of the time. Slauson has started 37 of 48 possible games for the Bears. He's started all 16 games twice. Including last season.

In summation...WUT

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Try nearly 80% of the time. Slauson has started 37 of 48 possible games for the Bears. He's started all 16 games twice. Including last season.

In summation...WUT

I'm just going to be pedantic here and say it's actually 77.08%

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Speaking of 2020, Hawk where is your 20/20 post draft mock draft? I am looking forward to seeing your picks. I expect them to blow my mind.

I apologize but I got busy. Gt another surgery coming up on Wednesday on my eyes(minor stuff) and have to get a lot of stuff done around the house before then. I will tell you off of the top of my head that I draft Tunsil in the first. I also would have had no problem with them drafting Whitehair in the 2nd if they were going to move Slauson to center. That would TOTALLY make the offensive line to become a very good one. Now it is still a mess.

Just an update: The surgery yesterday was successful but my eyes are very swollen and black and blue. Worse, in fact, than the worst bar fight I was ever in. Vision is blurry because of the drainage into my eyes. I think that my tommorw, my vision will improve some and I can do the promised post mortem.

AussieBear

Hahahaha that's so true and they're so unintelligent and live in their own unrealistic world of dumb.

whats wrong with being unintelligent and living in a world of dumb?

1175320_10151868491479297_575542374_n.jpg

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
So in 2020, the Bears "should" be competitive? I can see a president of a company appear before the B of D announces his plan to the group. "Myself and My Team are going to SLOWLY turn this company around and will be able to pull even with out competitors in 3-4 years". Yeah, that happens quite a bit in top organizations, right??

The fan expectations should be met with a serious dose of realism. Consider this;

From 2009- 2012 Chicago had 26 draft picks. This crop of players should make up the general back bone of the current roster. How many of those players are currently on the roster? The answer is one. ONE pick (Alshon Jeffrey). Now, let that sink in for just a moment. Then ask yourself, was there ever a chance of this being a quick turnaround? Even if you assembled a team of the greatest Hall of fame minds to ever grace professional football the answer is still " fuck no".

The roster turnover is simply far too great to expect anything different. There definitely should be progression each year towards building a playoff caliber football team without question but this project is a massive undertaking when you factor in the people now in charge inherited a giant shit sandwich with only a few lollipops sprinkled in.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't get me wrong... I like the good draft grades and think his draft looks great on paper. But we all should know by now that none of this means shit until the pads go on for a few years.

After so many years of being disappointed, I've given up on trying to theorize if the players will be good. I just wait until training camp with blind optimism and hope that this year will be the year.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
The fan expectations should be met with a serious dose of realism. Consider this;

From 2009- 2012 Chicago had 26 draft picks. This crop of players should make up the general back bone of the current roster. How many of those players are currently on the roster? The answer is one. ONE pick (Alshon Jeffrey). Now, let that sink in for just a moment. Then ask yourself, was there ever a chance of this being a quick turnaround? Even if you assembled a team of the greatest Hall of fame minds to ever grace professional football the answer is still " fuck no".

The roster turnover is simply far too great to expect anything different. There definitely should be progression each year towards building a playoff caliber football team without question but this project is a massive undertaking when you factor in the people now in charge inherited a giant shit sandwich with only a few lollipops sprinkled in.

Does Cutler count since he cost 2 1st rounders?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I apologize but I got busy. Gt another surgery coming up on Wednesday on my eyes(minor stuff) and have to get a lot of stuff done around the house before then. I will tell you off of the top of my head that I draft Tunsil in the first. I also would have had no problem with them drafting Whitehair in the 2nd if they were going to move Slauson to center. That would TOTALLY make the offensive line to become a very good one. Now it is still a mess.

Just an update: The surgery yesterday was successful but my eyes are very swollen and black and blue. Worse, in fact, than the worst bar fight I was ever in. Vision is blurry because of the drainage into my eyes. I think that my tommorw, my vision will improve some and I can do the promised post mortem.

Never apologize for double eye patches.... sometimes it just has to be that way.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:

You notice that GM, and the one after is no longer with the team.

A better GM making better picks would buck that trend.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Does Cutler count since he cost 2 1st rounders?

Sure, so now we're up to 2 players within that 4 year span. I certainly wouldn't pencil in any of the picks given up in said trade when the hit rate overall was below 5%.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think we all know this for the most part. However, there is one good thing about post draft good grades..... they are better then post draft bad grades. :shrug:

Pace appeared to get good value on virtually every pick. He stuck with a BPA approach, but still was able to fill a bunch of needs. He navigated the draft with a purpose showing an aggressive attacking style, rather than watching teams out maneuver us.

It was only his 2nd draft after a pretty good 1st draft. The bottom line is Pace has done a pretty good job as a GM in only 2 years. Furthermore, if it takes a few years to judge a draft and this is his 2nd draft, he deserves the benefit of the doubt for now.

In conclusion, there's quite a few people that think Pace is doing a fine job with the exception of a handful of ridiculous CCS trolls.

Such a meatball post. I really wish you didn't post here. You offer next to nothing in any conversation ever.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You notice that GM, and the one after is no longer with the team.

A better GM making better picks would buck that trend.

Thought you found a different board that was so much better???? Go away

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I think we all know this for the most part. However, there is one good thing about post draft good grades..... they are better then post draft bad grades. :shrug:

Pace appeared to get good value on virtually every pick. He stuck with a BPA approach, but still was able to fill a bunch of needs. He navigated the draft with a purpose showing an aggressive attacking style, rather than watching teams out maneuver us.

It was only his 2nd draft after a pretty good 1st draft. The bottom line is Pace has done a pretty good job as a GM in only 2 years. Furthermore, if it takes a few years to judge a draft and this is his 2nd draft, he deserves the benefit of the doubt for now.

In conclusion, there's quite a few people that think Pace is doing a fine job with the exception of a handful of ridiculous CCS trolls.

Such a meatball post. I really wish you didn't post here. You offer next to nothing in any conversation ever.

LOL, and you bring something to the table? I've never seen you actually say one thing that was smart about the Bears. You are here only to harass other posters and call them names. In other words... worthless.

Only a mental midget would think my post was a meatball post. Almost every real sports pro thinks Pace is doing a great job so far. However, the proof will be in the pudding after a couple years when we see how these picks develop. Pretty much exactly what I said.

Go stalk someone else, man, you bore me.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I just like the Pace's drafts make sense. He sees what we see.

The positions make sense
The skill sets make sense
The investments make sense

Our secondary was razor thin heading into the draft, we draft 3 DBs.
Our pass rush was lacking, he invests in guys who should rush the passer
Our special teams was horrendous, we invest in guys to play teams.

I don't know if they can play, but the concept was solid.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have to laugh at the people who say that Pace/Fox are into 3 -4 year rebuild. Sorry to say, but you couldn't be more wrong, and HISTORY proves it. Fox took a losing Carolina team in the 1st year to the Super Bowl in his 2nd year.

Then he took a losing Denver team in his 1st year, to a 13 - 3 team in his 2nd year. Why in God's name would that make people think that Fox is in a 4 year rebuild with the Bears??? You can bet your house that Fox believes he can win it all this year.

Peyton Manning