John Fox: First Round Draft Picks History

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Fox and Fangio have forgot more about Pass rushers than most could hope to learn. According to a former coach of Floyd, who also coached Ware in Dallas, he told Fangio about Floyd a couple years ago so I am sure everyone involved knows a fair bit about him.

If they think Floyd is the guy I trust them. He has rare traits that can't be coached. His issues of over pursuit and finishing plays can be coached by a mind like Fangio.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I do agree in terms of looking not only at who was picked when Fox was there, but what picks were made once he was gone.

Plus, here's the thing - when that sort of track record follows the coach instead of the GM, then how do you even sanely argue against that it's the coach's input?

People need to realize that picks are not usually made in a vacuum. Sure, the GM in most cases has the final say, but ideally you get a head coach who knows what he is doing, and as a GM you get him the players he wants. The coach has vital input. Bad organizations are the ones where the GM has a huge ego and insists the coach wins with players the coach doesn't want in the first place. And in that same vein, if a GM and coach can't be in concert on picks, then that still falls on the GM most times if they were the one to hire that coach in the first place.

Pace was looking for a John Fox - a strong personality that knows how he wants to do things, and knows how to develop talent. He has a built in successful way of doing things. It's a lot like how Peyton runs things down in New Orleans, which was Pace's learning grounds - strong coach with a lot of input.

Personally, I think Pace is fine and comfortable with this arrangement - its what he knows, and I think he has total faith in Fox to accomplish what Pace is after.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Fox and Fangio have forgot more about Pass rushers than most could hope to learn. According to a former coach of Floyd, who also coached Ware in Dallas, he told Fangio about Floyd a couple years ago so I am sure everyone involved knows a fair bit about him.

If they think Floyd is the guy I trust them. He has rare traits that can't be coached. His issues of over pursuit and finishing plays can be coached by a mind like Fangio.

Just a note - you know who used to overpursue all the time as a rookie in the NFL?

Brian Urlacher.

He ended up being ok, no?

Still remember that dude running up from the lower left of my screen, crossing over to the upper right as he overpursued and missed the QB who side-stepped him, only to then see him show up in the upper LEFT corner and tackle the QB from behind. Rofl, the balance between screaming at my TV for him over-running the play, followed shortly after by laughter as he showed up again in a completely different spot to tackle the guy with the ball was some of the most bizzaire, entertaining performances I have ever seen in a rookie season. Ah, I wish I could go back and see those rookie plays again. Knew he'd be special when I saw how damn fast he was, but it still took him 3 years to not overrun plays anymore.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Just a note - you know who used to overpursue all the time as a rookie in the NFL?

Brian Urlacher.

He ended up being ok, no?

Still remember that dude running up from the lower left of my screen, crossing over to the upper right as he overpursued and missed the QB who side-stepped him, only to then see him show up in the upper LEFT corner and tackle the QB from behind. Rofl, the balance between screaming at my TV for him over-running the play, followed shortly after by laughter as he showed up again in a completely different spot to tackle the guy with the ball was some of the most bizzaire, entertaining performances I have ever seen in a rookie season. Ah, I wish I could go back and see those rookie plays again. Knew he'd be special when I saw how damn fast he was, but it still took him 3 years to not overrun plays anymore.

Yeah I think Floyd's issues are correctable. Hes almost too fast for his own good at times but I look at a lot of the plays he burst into the backfield and overpursued and think NFL teammates would clean those pressures up. I think he can be a special player under Fangio.

Liked Posts:
Great draft history....not to mention Fox also took 2 different organizations to SuperBowls....no one should be questioning his picks.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Fangio was able to shine the turd Shane Mac to the point the Patriots took him. I can't inagine the potential upside of Floyd with Fangios coaching, and Chicago's pizza.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Great draft history....not to mention Fox also took 2 different organizations to SuperBowls....no one should be questioning his picks.

I think it's ok to be skeptical and I understand those who are on more of a wait and see approach, especially with Floyd. Most of his development and upside is on how hard he works. Coaches can only do so much so hopefully he's committed to maximizing his potential. And in that regard we really don't know.

I assume thought that they have a good read on his personality and character and believe he's committed to putting in the work.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
no fucks are given if its his picks or not the fact is even if he has zero fucking say in drafting those players he had every bit of the say in developing those players so fuck it its win.

So get off his nutsack mongo you negative bizzle. and before you tell me about your 80 years of season tickets and blah ditty blah blah blah all you do is bitch about the bears and every move they make is wrong. why don't you save all that money on tickets and go buy yerself a blowjob ffs your too high strung bro...relax man smoke a bowl or some shit

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
no fucks are given if its his picks or not the fact is even if he has zero fucking say in drafting those players he had every bit of the say in developing those players so fuck it its win.

So get off his nutsack mongo you negative bizzle. and before you tell me about your 80 years of season tickets and blah ditty blah blah blah all you do is bitch about the bears and every move they make is wrong. why don't you save all that money on tickets and go buy yerself a blowjob ffs your too high strung bro...relax man smoke a bowl or some shit

Someones angry...

Angry-Typing-Man.gif

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Someones angry...

Angry-Typing-Man.gif

lol no not angry dude im trying to get you too cheer the fuck up man you say you spend all that cash being a fan and yet from your posting here it is like you hate everything about the bears cmon man reeelaax have some optimism and hope for once

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is an amazing list, I can't imagine any coach having a better track record on 1st rounders than that.

This is a testament to how good of a coach Fox is and how the players buy into what he teaches them. Yes, all 1st rounders are talented coming into the league but the coaching staff needs to know how to tap into that talent while also supporting them and helping them grow as players and people. Obviously Fox knows how to build a positive environment that is conducive to these kids becoming stars.

Floyd has boom or bust written all over him and I feel like he will be a boom because of the culture that Fox is creating. If Lovie were here a guy like Floyd would probably bust. We shall see.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
So John Fox was the GM for all those teams.

That's new.

How was 2015?

It could have something to do with the coach and his ability to develop that talent but that's just common sense that you wouldn't consider.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
That is an amazing list, I can't imagine any coach having a better track record on 1st rounders than that.

This is a testament to how good of a coach Fox is and how the players buy into what he teaches them. Yes, all 1st rounders are talented coming into the league but the coaching staff needs to know how to tap into that talent while also supporting them and helping them grow as players and people. Obviously Fox knows how to build a positive environment that is conducive to these kids becoming stars.

Floyd has boom or bust written all over him and I feel like he will be a boom because of the culture that Fox is creating. If Lovie were here a guy like Floyd would probably bust. We shall see.
I think a lot of it has to do with Fox's ability to read people too. Which guys are willing to put in the work to become better and maximize their skills/upside?

Great players don't become great just because of coaching and environment. They have an internal drive to be great.

Fox knows who these guys are. He's been around long enough and developed enough of these guys to identify the special ones. That's why his green light for Floyd has me so giddy and optimistic.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

dawags

Liked Posts:
If Lovie were here Floyd would be under Marinelli's wings.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In the draft and on the field,

John Fox was good in Carolina and Denver and has SUCKED ASS in Chicago.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
In the draft and on the field,

John Fox was good in Carolina and Denver and has SUCKED ASS in Chicago.

Kinda just the way it goes for da Bears ... Figures.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
That list is kick ass even before they take Leonard Fournette in 2017!!