Rolle calls Bears' practice facilities "worst I've ever been around"

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Why would anyone be shocked that the cheap ass McCaskey family have shitty practice facilities?

This was a team that didn't fill out a real scouting department until the last three years of Jerry Angelo's tenure and even then they made sure one guy took on two roles both as pro personnel and college scouting director rather than separate jobs.

This franchise does everything possible to be as cheap as possible and has never invested into their franchise the way the Blackhawks and more recently the Cubs have done. .
As those teams have invested in their franchises both on and off the field success has followed.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
we know the playing surface is bad.....I have never heard anything about the practice facility though.....

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
so why is this coming out now? seem that he is a little butt hurt to me. I thought Rolle was better than to point fingers I mean he is getting paid well for what he does.i lost a little respect for him throwing shit a the wall

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
52 other players didn't get hurt at practice the day he did.

Yawn. Quite possibly one of the least memorable FA player stints with the Bears in recent memory (lets add Chester Taylor and Brandon Malumaleuna)

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So at no point did Rolle call the Bears' practice facilities "worst I've ever been around".

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Why would anyone be shocked that the cheap ass McCaskey family have shitty practice facilities?

This was a team that didn't fill out a real scouting department until the last three years of Jerry Angelo's tenure and even then they made sure one guy took on two roles both as pro personnel and college scouting director rather than separate jobs.

This franchise does everything possible to be as cheap as possible and has never invested into their franchise the way the Blackhawks and more recently the Cubs have done. .
As those teams have invested in their franchises both on and off the field success has followed.

More moronic bitching dumb ass to be a moronic bitching dumb ass.

5. Chicago Bears

Chicago Bears weight room

Screen-Shot-2015-08-03-at-12.05.11-PM.png

The Chicago Bears' weight room covers two floors, so it makes the top five for that alone. The architecture also has a certain beauty to it, with one wall made completely of glass that looks out over the practice field.

Yes the Bears facilities look so miserly sub-standard.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
I don't wanna make it personal, but personally I think the Bears' facilities sucked and I'm bitter that I got cut. I hope they're on the schedule wherever I go so I can prove them wrong.

OK Antrel. Bye Felicia.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
52 other players didn't get hurt at practice the day he did.

Yawn. Quite possibly one of the least memorable FA player stints with the Bears in recent memory (lets add Chester Taylor and Brandon Malumaleuna)
That jump ball he missed against Minnesota still bothers me. He's done.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:

Yes, the Cubs success is something we can hope all teams we root for aspire to.

As for the Hawks, they are using every penny of the salary cap, like every other team in the NHL does. That said, their mis-use of the salary cap (particularly with Bickell and Runblad) is the reason they've lost key players (Oduya, etc). The Seabrook and Krueger contracts will be very detrimental to this team.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:

5. Chicago Bears

The Chicago Bears' weight room covers two floors, so it makes the top five for that alone. The architecture also has a certain beauty to it, with one wall made completely of glass that looks out over the practice field.

The glass saved lives. People could see crazy ass Jeremiah Ratliffe through the glass.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Yes, the Cubs success is something we can hope all teams we root for aspire to.

As for the Hawks, they are using every penny of the salary cap, like every other team in the NHL does. That said, their mis-use of the salary cap (particularly with Bickell and Runblad) is the reason they've lost key players (Oduya, etc). The Seabrook and Krueger contracts will be very detrimental to this team.

Not all teams in the NHL are cap-ceiling teams.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

5. Chicago Bears

I'd be proud to shuffle and slip in that weight room any time.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No reason to have shoddy practice facilities if true. For 8 games of the year these guys take a risk playing on the "turf" at Soldier Field, why risk them during the week too? I know they don't practice as often under the current CBA, but why risk it with an inferior turf?

It could be just bitching, but haven't we seen other players come up on injury reports by the end of practice week throughout the season? This might start to explain why we see that here and there. Who knows?

Kevin White....

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Rolle just plain sucks at his age. Just upset because his body cannot hang anymore. I never thought he was that great with the Giants so I was just meh with the signing last year.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 1m1 minute ago
In response to Antwon Rolle's accusations The Bears have released video of the incident in question, which the characterize as, " pre-practice horse play gone bad."
giphy.gif

Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 1m1 minute ago
In a related story Rolle has filed suit against Aldi's for an incident he characterized as involving the worst produce aisle flooring in Chicago.

Last edited:

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hard to protect against Hroniss Grasu dripping pizza grease and melted butter everywhere as he walks around the weight room trying to bulk up.

th

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
This perfectly captured his season
10/10 Post

Rolle never seemed like he wanted to be here anyway. He only came here because we were paying the most. The only way you'd know he played here is if you check the depth chart.