Rolle calls Bears' practice facilities "worst I've ever been around"

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Hard to protect against Hroniss Grasu dripping pizza grease and melted butter everywhere as he walks around the weight room trying to bulk up.

Lmfao

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yes, when you're old and those ligaments get brittle, it's the field's fault you get injured just standing there. lol

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
we know the playing surface is bad.....I have never heard anything about the practice facility though.....

I've heard everybody bitch about the Soldier Field turf, but never a word about the Halas Hall practice field turf until this. When other people speak up and confirm this is a real problem I'll believe it, till then I consider this sour grapes bullshit.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 1m1 minute ago
In response to Antwon Rolle's accusations The Bears have released video of the incident in question, which the characterize as, " pre-practice horse play gone bad."
giphy.gif

Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 1m1 minute ago
In a related story Rolle has filed suit against Aldi's for an incident he characterized as involving the worst produce aisle flooring in Chicago.

Basically, this confirms what we suspected. Rolle is an idiot and its sour grapes.

LOL at that second tweet.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Zach Zaidman @ZachZaidman
Ex-#Bears S Antrelle Rolle to @670TheSCore: "Whatever team I go to, I hope that Chicago's on the table because I'm coming to bust their ass."

Coming from the guy who said "there's no hard feelings."

I_Pity_Fools.jpg

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ex-#Bears S Antrelle Rolle to @670TheSCore: "Whatever team I go to, I hope that Chicago's on the table because I'm coming to bust their ass."

Coming from the guys who said "there's no hard feelings."

I_Pity_Fools.jpg

Its going to be hard for him to do that when he's busy busting his own ass

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Coming from the guys who said "there's no hard feelings."

I_Pity_Fools.jpg

He's going to have torn his vagina again with all the injuries he's had.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I've heard everybody bitch about the Soldier Field turf, but never a word about the Halas Hall practice field turf until this. When other people speak up and confirm this is a real problem I'll believe it, till then I consider this sour grapes bullshit.

Soldier field's playing field was designed to be like the practice facility, so they are basically the same. First, it's not turf, it's Kentucky blue grass. The grass is installed over a deep layer of sand and peat moss for drainage and a custom heating system to promote root growth in the sod.

The difference is that Soldier field has multiple venues such as soccer games and concerts that trash the field during the season. The park districts grounds crew then has to completely re sod the field, and when the weather turns, the new sod doesn't get the sunlight for the roots to grow enough to properly hold.

What happens is players make their cuts and tear up huge chunks of sod, much like a golf divot. The practice faculty might have some similar issues, but I just can't see it being of the same magnitude that Soldier field has with all their venues.

Plus, the Bears also have an indoor practice facility when there is inclimate weather with turf. The Bears have never considered artificial turf at this point as their studies always shows that real grass produces less injuries.

Having said all that, I've always been a fan of the hybrid grass/turf stuff they have at Lambeau, but the Chicago Park district controls all that stuff and that would probably put a lot of union guys out of work.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

And there it is, sour grapes. Rolle is pissed cuz he knows the Bears defense is going to be great next year! :buttrock:

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
First, it's not turf, it's Kentucky blue grass.

Wow. First off it is turf. Kentucky blue grass is one type of natural turf as opposed to artificial turf like field turf or astroturf.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Wow. First off it is turf. Kentucky blue grass is one type of natural turf as opposed to artificial turf like field turf or astroturf.

Fair enough, just wanted to make sure that people knew it was real grass, or turf, as opposed to any kind of artificial turf of any kind. It's basically sod. But hey, thanks for correcting me on the semantics of turf. :beerbang:

SeriouslyImNotPace

Liked Posts:
When a cut guy takes all of five minutes to start complaining about team, proof he had to go.

Ahem, Marshall?

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Soldier field's playing field was designed to be like the practice facility, so they are basically the same. First, it's not turf, it's Kentucky blue grass. The grass is installed over a deep layer of sand and peat moss for drainage and a custom heating system to promote root growth in the sod.

The difference is that Soldier field has multiple venues such as soccer games and concerts that trash the field during the season. The park districts grounds crew then has to completely re sod the field, and when the weather turns, the new sod doesn't get the sunlight for the roots to grow enough to properly hold.

What happens is players make their cuts and tear up huge chunks of sod, much like a golf divot. The practice faculty might have some similar issues, but I just can't see it being of the same magnitude that Soldier field has with all their venues.

Plus, the Bears also have an indoor practice facility when there is inclimate weather with turf. The Bears have never considered artificial turf at this point as their studies always shows that real grass produces less injuries.

Having said all that, I've always been a fan of the hybrid grass/turf stuff they have at Lambeau, but the Chicago Park district controls all that stuff and that would probably put a lot of union guys out of work.
I agree with this except fox wont use the indoor practice field its not game-day like.

really how many people would loose their job over a football field? when I had a tour of the field I believe their is only a hand full of people that take care of the field,not for sure though its been a few years.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
hes just needing something too bitch about while he plays checkers with all the other old men at the home. lawns and weather man old fuckers are always bitching about both

Bergz22

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember an article a few years back that I found that said it would save the Bears money going to an artificial field. The cost of the conversion was far less than years or maintenance, resodding ect.

buckaroo2311

Liked Posts:
The 85 Bears won a Superbowl. They played all of their home games on the old Soldier Field, which was effectively concrete covered with carpet. LOL

Players these days....so spoiled

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Rolle, is the same guy who talked his buddy to go to the Giants saying they're a great team - while he was on the Bears roster.

The practice facility at HH is actually the Walter Payton center. It's been called by many many players one of the best in-door practice facilities in the NFL.

I've been there many times. My kid played a touch football game there with McCown once.

Funny, no one I ever saw slipped just walking. If he did in fact blow up his knee that way, then I say couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy.

Fuck you Rolle. And if some sorry ass team decides to roster you this year, here's to hoping you blow up your other knee.

Chicago_Bears_Web_201.jpg

Rise

Liked Posts:
I remember an article a few years back that I found that said it would save the Bears money going to an artificial field. The cost of the conversion was far less than years or maintenance, resodding ect.

Yes it would be cheaper. The Park District has also said they would be for going to field turf as they have to pay for the upkeep and its cheaper. The Bears however, as part of their lease have the final say on the turf, and they insist on the sloppy mud turf.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I don't wanna make it personal, but personally I think the Bears' facilities sucked and I'm bitter that I got cut. I hope they're on the schedule wherever I go so I can prove them wrong.

OK Antrel. Bye Felicia.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Our offensive players hope so too.