Rolle calls Bears' practice facilities "worst I've ever been around"

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
http://nypost.com/2016/05/02/antrel-rolle-makes-spirited-profane-pitch-for-giants-return/

Here's the full excerpt with the quote included:

On Nov. 20, on the last play of a Friday practice, Rolle slipped and tore the medial collateral ligament in his right knee and missed the final four games. His 2015 totals: Seven games played, 35 tackles.

“The surfaces in the Chicago facilities are the worst I’ve ever been around, I’m just gonna be honest with you,’’ Rolle said. “I slipped on the surface, I wasn’t even running, I was just kind of shuffling and slipped.’’

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
I guess it wouldn't surprise me if it's true.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey they probably want them to be good and used to playing on that shitty soldier field surface...... so its alll part of the plan

While we are at it, I noticed the Bears draft room looks pretty sucky too... I have a bigger tv in my garage then the one they had hanging on the wall.

Ralpf

Liked Posts:
Didn't they just get new facilities?

But he is just talking about the floor.

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
I mean shit, grasping at straws to cognitively disassociate yourself from your own old age. You're old Antrell, you can't play football forever. Chances are nobody is going to hire you to congratulate other old players who burn your ass for a TD

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He took to many hits to the head theirs that CTE for you.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
No reason to have shoddy practice facilities if true. For 8 games of the year these guys take a risk playing on the "turf" at Soldier Field, why risk them during the week too? I know they don't practice as often under the current CBA, but why risk it with an inferior turf?

It could be just bitching, but haven't we seen other players come up on injury reports by the end of practice week throughout the season? This might start to explain why we see that here and there. Who knows?

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
No reason to have shoddy practice facilities if true. For 8 games of the year these guys take a risk playing on the "turf" at Soldier Field, why risk them during the week too? I know they don't practice as often under the current CBA, but why risk it with an inferior turf?

It could be just bitching, but haven't we seen other players come up on injury reports by the end of practice week throughout the season? This might start to explain why we see that here and there. Who knows?

Every team has players come up on injury reports by the end of practice week throughout the season.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
did he say this at the time he got injured or only now that he got cut? I figured this was an old story

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Every team has players come up on injury reports by the end of practice week throughout the season.

I know, it's part of the game. IF, the turf is an issue, why not eliminate that factor? That's all I'm saying. IF, it's even a factor.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He prolly not lying.... Chris Williams chose to workout in a fucking barn for an offseason rather than our facilities.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If this is true though.

How is it that you could invest so much money in the team then not protect your interest by keeping them safe.

Makes no sense.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
San Francisco easily has the worst game surface in the NFL

San Fran, Pittsburgh and Chicago are known for having garbage playing fields. New England's used to get pretty shotty before they went to turf. Pitt and Chicago I can at least understand, with the cold weather. San Fran has literally no excuse for that abomination of a field that really is the worst in the NFL.

Fun fact for those who remember, the Bears played New England in its first game on artificial turf in 2006. They had to install it mid-season because after a game with the Jets in the rain/snow, the entire field was just a massive mudbowl that was deemed too unsafe to play on.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If this is true though.

How is it that you could invest so much money in the team then not protect your interest by keeping them safe.

Makes no sense.

Hard to protect against Hroniss Grasu dripping pizza grease and melted butter everywhere as he walks around the weight room trying to bulk up.