Divisional Finals Series Thread

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ya know what would be the most Blues move of all-time?

Exorcising your first-round demons by beating the Hawks and then blowing a 3-2 series lead in the very next round.

Make it happen, Sharpie.

SharpCelebrationFallDownGoBoom.gif

Also Brian Elliot is starting for the Blues tonight.

Good.... gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No doubt, he's your guy!

I love a goalie who looks scared/shaken on 50% of the shots he faces and relies on his D to clean up all his rebounds.... das da best kind.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Ya know what would be the most Blues move of all-time?

Exorcising your first-round demons by beating the Hawks and then blowing a 3-2 series lead in the very next round.

I thought you were going to say fire mid season your all-time winninest coach after 5 seasons of 90+ points, worst season was 83 points, and led them to their first ever president's trophy, only to have him eventually go to your mortal enemy and win 3 cups against you.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm pulling for Sharpie to continue winning and wishing the Blues a nice off season.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Interesting article on the Caps posted at Deadspin today. Makes the case that they didn't really "choke" this year, they just happened to run into a red-hot Penguins team that may be the best team standing in the playoffs right now.

Also argues that this team should be just as good next year, if not better.

Link is here

Here’s a thought exercise: Instead of picturing the Capitals as perennial also-rans, forever doomed to make the playoffs but to never make noise, picture them as a young, up-and-coming team, led by a couple of veterans who have been through the wars, who are only going to get better with experience. Tough to picture, isn’t it? (Institutional memory is a tough thing to shake.) But it’s true:

Holtby’s emergence gives the Capitals a rock at the back end they haven’t had before, and the offseason should be spent addressing depth concerns, especially on the blue line. But the core is locked in place, and Evgeny Kuznetsov, the team’s points leader has just two full seasons under his belt, and T.J. Oshie has earned the first-line role he never quite grabbed in St. Louis, and Nicklas Backstrom remains a marvel of consistency, and Justin Williams maintains his big-game chops, and Ovechkin is still Ovechkin, with no hints yet of a decline. This is a team that is good at worst, with the potential to be great. In other words: The Capitals can get better.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stan has his work cut out for him this off season. To me this seems like the most difficult off season yet.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I think tonight's result just adds on to the frustration of the Hawks losing to the Blues in the first round. Have a very hard time believing that the Stars would've been able to handle the Hawks in a 7-game series.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Blues game 1 win over the Hawks was a deflection off of TVR in OT.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well that was a craptacular game.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hey look Dallas forgot to play defense.

Yay another round of watching the Blues play ping pong between the blue lines.... moar BOARD BATTLESZZS!!!

Pierre must be fapping

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

Yay another round of watching the Blues play ping pong between the blue lines.... moar BOARD BATTLESZZS!!!

Pierre must be fapping

You forgot to mention Elliot. Sure it just slipped your mind. Surprised you didn't rag on him for giving up that one big goal that almost blew the game for his team in a game 7...

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think tonight's result just adds on to the frustration of the Hawks losing to the Blues in the first round. Have a very hard time believing that the Stars would've been able to handle the Hawks in a 7-game series.
No, the frustrating part was what Ares said:

Pierre must be fapping
So did the 'hawks, but unlike Dallas, the 'hawks had Keith, Seabrook out back, and Toews on the front end. Our boys had no legit excuse for forgetting how to D.

That and I think Crawford was better than Lehtonen and Neimi combined.

Anyhow, At this point I'm rooting for Nashville over the Sharts.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You forgot to mention Elliot. Sure it just slipped your mind. Surprised you didn't rag on him for giving up that one big goal that almost blew the game for his team in a game 7...

You realize you won't win this argument right? You won't convince me he's a good or great goalie.

Hes dog shit and we both know it, ur just too dumb to admit it.... hes a shitty goalie with good/great defense in front of him in these playoffs.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can't believe the Blues are advancing. :kermit:

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
You realize you won't win this argument right? You won't convince me he's a good or great goalie.

Hes dog shit and we both know it, ur just too dumb to admit it.... hes a shitty goalie with good/great defense in front of him in these playoffs.

Haha, what I'm not allowed to toss it out there that he had a solid game? However if he gives up one "bad" goal in OT or 3 in the first (which he had no chance at any) then I have to take it? Got to love comment boards.

In regards to being "too dumb to admit it"...common now. I'm giving my opinion on a goalie, I'm watching the games, I'm giving stats and I'm not blind to the fact that he is a good goalie (had a great year) on a solid team that is a rival to the Blackhawks.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Haha, what I'm not allowed to toss it out there that he had a solid game? However if he gives up one "bad" goal in OT or 3 in the first (which he had no chance at any) then I have to take it? Got to love comment boards.

In regards to being "too dumb to admit it"...common now. I'm giving my opinion on a goalie, I'm watching the games, I'm giving stats and I'm not blind to the fact that he is a good goalie (had a great year) on a solid team that is a rival to the Blackhawks.

You get your panties in a wad when I say what I think about him, I think hes fucking garbage because he is garbage.

You seem to want to persist this argument with me, I am calling you dumb for persisting the argument with me.

If you notice, you jump on my posts to persist this argument.... I just say what I think.

You are the dum fuk who wants to argue over something you know we won't agree on.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
You get your panties in a wad when I say what I think about him, I think hes fucking garbage because he is garbage.

You seem to want to persist this argument with me, I am calling you dumb for persisting the argument with me.

If you notice, you jump on my posts to persist this argument.... I just say what I think.

You are the dum fuk who wants to argue over something you know we won't agree on.

I think you've made my point with this post and I appreciate that. Time to move on :)