Divisional Finals Series Thread

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
It's a bit late, but since there are plenty of us in here that will continue watching hockey even with the beloved now resigned to the golf courses, I figure we should have a thread going for all of the second-round playoff series that are happening right now.

Have at it.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Is it too late to revise my Cup predictions as Penguins/Sharks?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have been able to watch too many other games so far but will be watching a lot more now.
We did see most of the WASH/PIT game last night though.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I turned on Stars/Blues yesterday right after the Blues put in the OT game winner.... fucking garbage hockey team lucky to eek out a win in Dallas.

ima change my prediction to a 4-1 series win for the Stars.... Blues are garbage.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Have been able to watch too many other games so far but will be watching a lot more now.
We did see most of the WASH/PIT game last night though.

Very much looking forward to more of that series. Think the winner is going to be in the Cup for the East.

I turned on Stars/Blues yesterday right after the Blues put in the OT game winner.... fucking garbage hockey team lucky to eek out a win in Dallas.

ima change my prediction to a 4-1 series win for the Stars.... Blues are garbage.

I fucking hate the fucking Blues with every fucking ounce of my body, but I'm about 90 percent sure they're beating the Stars in that series.

biscuit_in_the_basket

Gigacore Fan!
Liked Posts:
Don't worry, then they'll get fucking rolled by the Sharks. San Jose might win the Cup this year ... they're damn, damn good.

That the Sharks are. Watching all their playoff games so far they are, as a team, very committed to play. More than any other team I have seen in these playoffs this far.

As far as winning the cup, with the turd the Caps are laying in their series against the Pens, I think that if the Sharks make the finals they can do it.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Hope you guys are watching the Caps/Pens series. Phenomenal hockey.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Its hard to take any of this as real

The blues, sharks, caps are all still alive?

Does anybody care about the stars, preds, islanders, tampa,

Pitt playing some backup goalie?

Calling sharks vs stars in west....guess tampa vs pitt in east

I will confidently say this will be a horrific run for the networks with ratings at an all time low starting in this round continuing thru the finals no matter the matchups

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Its hard to take any of this as real

The blues, sharks, caps are all still alive?

Does anybody care about the stars, preds, islanders, tampa,

Pitt playing some backup goalie?

Calling sharks vs stars in west....guess tampa vs pitt in east

I will confidently say this will be a horrific run for the networks with ratings at an all time low starting in this round continuing thru the finals no matter the matchups

So it's a good thing they put most of our games at fucking 8:30PM on weeknights so most of the casual hockey fans would just go to bed.

NHL is fucking Special person.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
So it's a good thing they put most of our games at fucking 8:30PM on weeknights so most of the casual hockey fans would just go to bed.

NHL is fucking Special person.

The start times are awful, but they were probably not banking on NYR, Chicago, LA and Detroit all bowing out.
Not having any Canadian teams also hurts for all of the transplants that watch in the states.

It's playoff hockey and I'll be watching until the end, but I have to admit that the West has grossly underperformed besides the Sharks. Dallas should be manhandling the Blues and they are laying a turd because their D is turning their goaltending into a merry-go-round shit fest.

Can Murray do it in Pittsburgh? I am rooting so hard against the Pens and Ovie and company are just shitting away that series.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Been saying it for a while now...but the Blues are a good team and that is likely why they are winning the series. Stars certainly have the firepower to turn things around but the Blues have some high end power, very good depth up front, a solid top 4 defense and a goalie who can get hot and stay that way for a while.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Been saying it for a while now...but the Blues are a good team and that is likely why they are winning the series. Stars certainly have the firepower to turn things around but the Blues have some high end power, very good depth up front, a solid top 4 defense and a goalie who can get hot and stay that way for a while.

Nah they are a lucky garbage hockey team, they will fall apart.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Nah they are a lucky garbage hockey team, they will fall apart.

The Stars don't play defense. In a 7-game series that catches up to you real, real fast. Plus their goalie suck.

Still don't see the Blues getting by the Sharks, though. Too much depth in San Jose this year.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Stars don't play defense. In a 7-game series that catches up to you real, real fast. Plus their goalie suck.

Still don't see the Blues getting by the Sharks, though. Too much depth in San Jose this year.

Elliot is not a good goalie either though.... Blues got lucky the Hawks missed on like 15 open net opportunities and the Stars are doing the same shit.

All the Stars have to do is play on their level offensively and put the puck in the net when Elliot goes full derp and the Blues will fall apart.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Elliot is not a good goalie either though.... Blues got lucky the Hawks missed on like 15 open net opportunities and the Stars are doing the same shit.

All the Stars have to do is play on their level offensively and put the puck in the net when Elliot goes full derp and the Blues will fall apart.
Yeah but I think the guys in front are good enough to get the Blues through this round. The next one, not so much.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

Elliot isn't a good goalie? Huh? The goalie with the best save percentage and second best GAA in the regular season isn't a good goalie? He has a solid defense in front of him and has shown that he can get real hot, real fast. Elliot is a good goalie (and was a great goalie this year) and he is certainly better than the combo of Niemi/Lehtonen.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
And right on cue, Elliot surrenders a short-side goal in OT.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

It's a well-placed shot by Eakin for sure, but I still think Elliot is too deep in his net. This can't go in.