Bulls Draft 2016: Tell me about this Tyler Ulis kid...

theinfamousdvs

Liked Posts:
Pardon me for getting a jump on this...because the Draft Lottery isn't until May and WHO KNOWS....maybe we'll get a TOP 3 PICK!!!

:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::lmao::lmao::lmao::doorrofl::doorrofl::doorrofl:

Okay...now that THAT'S out of the way.

I've been looking up Mock Draft results...and it seems like everybody has us picking this kid. So I did some light research...

5'9" PG out of Kentucky....Legit 3 point range and a surgical passer....
Lacks elite speed...58% around the rim....

Color me unimpressed.

Anybody else excited that this appears to be who we are projected to pick?

D

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Based on this he doesn't seem too terrible: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Tyler-Ulis-70116/

nbadraft.net has him projected in the 2nd round, but I think they haven't updated yet. He's ranked at 19 on draftexpress, which I think is lower than our pick. I read he has great passing and shooting skills and that his speed is pretty good. Also decent wingspan for a small guy. Maybe he ends up like Isaiah Thomas...that's not a bad end result. Even if he's Nate Robinson that's still not too terrible.

theinfamousdvs

Liked Posts:
1st...thanks for the response clone....

I thought Nate Robinson and Isiaih Thomas as well....but even those two had outliers.

Nate Robinson is a Slam Dunk Champion. IT2 is so ridiculously fast that some people's ankles are STILL taped from his college days.

I dunno. It'd be nice to have a Backup PG that's not a journeyman and is projected as a solid pro...but 5'9" tho.

Maybe he's Avery Johnson in the making or something...but I also know that our last experience with an undersized guard (Air Gordon) led to defensive liabilities our roster wasn't equipped to handle then...and I don't know if the current roster is much better at that.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1st...thanks for the response clone....

I thought Nate Robinson and Isiaih Thomas as well....but even those two had outliers.

Nate Robinson is a Slam Dunk Champion. IT2 is so ridiculously fast that some people's ankles are STILL taped from his college days.

I dunno. It'd be nice to have a Backup PG that's not a journeyman and is projected as a solid pro...but 5'9" tho.

Maybe he's Avery Johnson in the making or something...but I also know that our last experience with an undersized guard (Air Gordon) led to defensive liabilities our roster wasn't equipped to handle then...and I don't know if the current roster is much better at that.
I don't think Ulis would necessarily help the team as constructed, but I don't think he'd be a detriment unless his size gets in the way. Of course, being 5'9" that's totally possible, but we've seen small guards succeed in this league. I think he's also a pesky defender (draftexpress I think is where I get this idea) so if that's true and he has that he could potentially not be that much of a liability.

If we were to go PG I'm not sure if Ulis is the way we'd go, but I don't think I'd be upset with the pick. Looking at nbadraft.net there's really not that many PGs projected to go around where we pick. There is this guy going just ahead of us, based on comparison I'd take him if we go PG: http://www.nbadraft.net/players/dejounte-murray

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I've seen him play quite a bit. I think he'll be a decent NBA player.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Ulis was an all-time high school player at Marian Catholic. One of the fastest guys going up and down the court. I want to say he signed with Kentucky late, but while he was being courted by them John Groce didn't even bother.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
projected picks mean nothing at this point

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reminds me a lot of Tyus Jones from Duke.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I was hoping I'd get drafted this year but it looks like I'm going undrafted yet again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How old are you? You are probably a free agent. You are free to sign with any team.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
How old are you? You are probably a free agent. You are free to sign with any team.

25, I'm in my prime and ready to go. 5'10 and 1/4," maybe even 6 ft with the right shoes. 185 lbs. 30 inch vertical. Deceptively athletic. Strengths include shooting, p&r ball handling. Weaknesses are pretty much everything else. Once scored 10 of my teams 11 points in pick-up bball. High upside.

I'll play for minimum wage.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We need you at Milan, minimum wage and for free hmm, i can see Galliani's face

process

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
We need you at Milan, minimum wage and for free hmm, i can see Galliani's face

process

Haha I actually grew up playing soccer and was pretty good so if I could back into 90 minute shape it wouldn't be quite that bad.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
25, I'm in my prime and ready to go. 5'10 and 1/4," maybe even 6 ft with the right shoes. 185 lbs. 30 inch vertical. Deceptively athletic. Strengths include shooting, p&r ball handling. Weaknesses are pretty much everything else. Once scored 10 of my teams 11 points in pick-up bball. High upside.

I'll play for minimum wage.

Yep, you are a free agent. Good luck. I hope there aren't any bidding wars for you.