Bulls to find Rose's replacement in draft?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I think LeBron "taking his talents" to Miami to play with his pal created a paradigm shift in the NBA.

ehhh, it seems that whole ordeal was planned years in advance and wasn't some spur of the moment thing. i don't believe its gonna become a normal thing for superstars to just up and leave.....if they do it'll be via trade

collect good assets and don't be afraid to trade them when a player becomes available needs to be the plan. tired of them selling "flexibility" for 3 or 4 years down the line only to end up with Ben Wallace or Carlos Boozer

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
It doesn't help that Illinois has some of the highest tax rates in the country. It is one thing to play below market in Texas and Florida, where the weather is solid and the taxes are low. You get a lot of bang for your buck. A whole other thing to do it in Chicago.

Taxes are high in other cities too. That's not it.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
ehhh, it seems that whole ordeal was planned years in advance and wasn't some spur of the moment thing. i don't believe its gonna become a normal thing for superstars to just up and leave.....if they do it'll be via trade

Superstar FAs don't move around often in the NBA, but when they do it will be for the 3 reasons I listed earlier.

Teams like Miami San Antonio have benefitted from this. I've heard talk about Durant considering a move to Golden State, of all places. This kind of shit sickens me, to be frank. The league is already watered down as it is. The poor distribution of talent in the NBA just stacks the deck for the best players to ensure they get a shot at a championship every year. I beleive the best team should win, not the team with the most stars.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
If we're taking a PG, we're better off staying and taking Demetrius Jackson then trading up and reaching for Dunn. I've seen most of Jacksons college games and have played against him. I think he'll be a solid player.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If we're taking a PG, we're better off staying and taking Demetrius Jackson then trading up and reaching for Dunn. I've seen most of Jacksons college games and have played against him. I think he'll be a solid player.

Notre Dame?

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
hes only 6'1 though...im all about getting payers with size and length now. i want players that can play/defend atleast 2 positions and thats one of the things i like about Dunn is his size at 6'4 and 6'9 wingspan

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
hes only 6'1 though

the thing i like about Dunn is he has great size at 6'4 and 6'9 wingspan

Dunn's measurables are really the only thing putting him in the top 5 right now. He's not a great shooter, decision maker, or passer. Doesn't have those elite intangibles. You'd be selecting him purely on potential, and at 22 years old already, how much more is he going to improve? I don't think he's maxed out, but I don't see "star PG" when I watch him.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Dunn's measurables are really the only thing putting him in the top 5 right now. He's not a great shooter, decision maker, or passer. Doesn't have those elite intangibles. You'd be selecting him purely on potential, and at 22 years old already, how much more is he going to improve? I don't think he's maxed out, but I don't see "star PG" when I watch him.

Gotta agree with this. Dunn is going to be a great beneficiary of a weak draft class.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:

ive never seen the kid play a day in my life so i can't say but if we did draft a PG i rather him have good size/length

i don't think we have the assets to trade up anyway unless some team wants Nikola (assuming we dont trade Jimmy)

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
It sure is a factor. No state income tax is a big number.

Again, we were discussing bigtime FAs, right? Who are all these bigtime FAs flocking to Orlando and Miami? Sure, LeBron went there to play with his buddy, who both recuited Bosh. But he left 3 years later because his relationship with Riley and the coach went south (pun intended). LeBron also knew he couldn't make max money unless somebody took a paycut. That didn't happen, so he said peace out and headed back to the mistake by the lake.

These guys are about their friends (tight relationships with other star players), and getting max money on a team that can win a ring. All the talk about major markets and weather and who the coach is are just smoke screens meant to keep people interested.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Lets see. All Wade had to say to sway Joe Johnson was to say, "Dude, it is Miami". Lets face it, the majority of big FAs went to Miami, Houston, DDallas or San Antonio for a reason and no coijcidence.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
No big FA is coming because the Bulls internally are a mess right now.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I wonder if fans of the Memphis Grizzlies or Washington Wizards make up these same excuses.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Nah, they don't have the crime rate that Chicago does.
Well not anymore now that DC isn't constantly riled up about the Bullets being in town.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Probably best to draft Jackson at 14 if he is there with Rose being in a contract year and truly not knowing if he is going to play hard most of the season.