Conference Finals Series Thread

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Something something Blues suck something something.

480837.gif

Get your conference final talk right here!

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With fans like this the Blues deserve to be swept.:yep:
drunk-blues-fan-in-zebra-print-pants.jpg

images

3835078019_f337c2a4ef.jpg

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;pI1qELUYZaM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI1qELUYZaM[/video]

Poor ole coach Q couldn't catch a break.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Impressed by TB so far in the playoffs. Still think Pit will come out on top (especially if Bishop is out long term) but TB has played very well without Stamkos and Stralman - who are both supposedly close to playing in the ECF.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Also - very surprised that the NHL is not going to take action against Callahan. Personally, I believe that the player getting hit has to take more blame for putting themselves in a poor position a lot of the time...but this wasn't one of those times. Callahan had plenty of time to make a decision. It was a hit from behind with the elbow to the head appearing to be the initial contact. He needed to be suspended and the NHL definitely dropped the ball on this one.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Yeah Callahan absolutely deserved to sit for that hit. Total bullshit.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Idk, judging by last year and some of his play, I think Tampa is better set if they don't push Valeski out in favor of a still injured Bishop. The game 5 blundering might of not happened with the healthy guy who only allowed two scrappy goals last game in.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

Tampabear

Liked Posts:
Also - very surprised that the NHL is not going to take action against Callahan. Personally, I believe that the player getting hit has to take more blame for putting themselves in a poor position a lot of the time...but this wasn't one of those times. Callahan had plenty of time to make a decision. It was a hit from behind with the elbow to the head appearing to be the initial contact. He needed to be suspended and the NHL definitely dropped the ball on this one.

I think this was absolutely a case where Letang put himself in a position to get hit. he knew Callahan was coming, he had turned to look at him right before he turned his back. That said I think Callahan could have let some on the hit and I wouldn't have been pissed if he was suspended. Glad he wasn't though.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I think this was absolutely a case where Letang put himself in a position to get hit. he knew Callahan was coming, he had turned to look at him right before he turned his back. That said I think Callahan could have let some on the hit and I wouldn't have been pissed if he was suspended. Glad he wasn't though.

Letang glances and sees Callahan but he never really changes his body position. His back is to Callahan the entire time. Sure, Letang stops when he reaches the puck but what else is he supposed to do? Run himself through the boards? Callahan had Letang's back to him practically the entire time, Letang is allowed to skate hard to the puck (what is he supposed to do, skate backwards to the puck so he won't get hit from behind?), and Callahan makes initial head contact and then drives the heads into the glass. I take issue with a player who turns last second after what would have been a shoulder to body, shoulder to shoulder, etc hit...but this wasn't one of those times.

I'm amazed that the NHL didn't step up and suspend Callahan. I actually think the NHL does a pretty good job at suspending players and for appropriate amount of times. Won't agree with them all but they have a tough job and do a decent enough job.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Blues are getting closer to a possible Cup win.
Holy tits, it could happen.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
This Lightning/Penguins series is so damn fun to watch. Great hockey.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This Lightning/Penguins series is so damn fun to watch. Great hockey.

And then there is watching the Blues....

My boss is a St Louis native who doesn't like watching them play enough to bother to watch the games, he just checks scores the next day lol