Liked Posts:
A Blues loss and in the WCF is a beautiful thing...:nelson:

Being outed from the playoffs is even better. :hawkstroll:

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha fuck off St. Louis I hope you bastards never sniff the Cup for the rest of your existence.

Well that's not a very nice thing to say, now is it?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I still feels... wif all my hearts.... dat Brian Elliot is the GOATest of all time GOAT goalie.... he may lose his net by like 8 feet and appear to shit his pants on 50% of the shots he faces..... and he may always appear to be carried by his D and rarely ever carry them when they have a bad night.... but if this is what you are seeing you obviously don't understand the greatness of the one and only Brian Elliot.

Only the GOATest of all time GOAT goalie can give up 4 goals in the WCF and punch his team's ticket to the golf course.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Pavelski is absolutely on fire right now.

Blues had a solid season, have to tip my hat to them. Had a lot of injuries to deal with throughout the regular season and ended up making a nice run. Should be interesting to see what happens with Backes and Brouwer (who had a great post-season) this offseason. Just hope that the Sharks can represent the West and get a Stanley Cup.

The flashy deals always seem to get the most press/attention come trade deadline, but the Sharks picking up Polak was HUGE. He is an absolute pain in the ass out there.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pavelski is absolutely on fire right now.

Blues had a solid season, have to tip my hat to them. Had a lot of injuries to deal with throughout the regular season and ended up making a nice run. Should be interesting to see what happens with Backes and Brouwer (who had a great post-season) this offseason. Just hope that the Sharks can represent the West and get a Stanley Cup.

The flashy deals always seem to get the most press/attention come trade deadline, but the Sharks picking up Polak was HUGE. He is an absolute pain in the ass out there.

Sort of a side note in regards to Troy Brouwer.... I heard a number of times "Troy Brouwer won a Cup with Chicago back in 2009-2010 and he was a HUGE part of that Stanley Cup winning team".

Maybe my recollection is off, but I would not call Brouwer a HUGE part of that team.... especially in the playoffs I don't recall any really big moments from him in that run. Big Buff.... yes.... David Bolland? Andrew Ladd? Patrick Kane? Marian Hossa? Jonathan Toews? Patrick Sharp?

You could argue whether some of those guys were HUGE in terms of their impact on that Cup run, but I don't feel like Brouwer was a huge part.

What do you think?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still feels... wif all my hearts.... dat Brian Elliot is the GOATest of all time GOAT goalie.... he may lose his net by like 8 feet and appear to shit his pants on 50% of the shots he faces..... and he may always appear to be carried by his D and rarely ever carry them when they have a bad night.... but if this is what you are seeing you obviously don't understand the greatness of the one and only Brian Elliot.

Only the GOATest of all time GOAT goalie can give up 4 goals in the WCF and punch his team's ticket to the golf course.

He does offer decent value doe with his 2.5 mil per year contract.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
St. Louis never should have made it this far! :fist:

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
CjZDpEvW0AARgck.jpg

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Sort of a side note in regards to Troy Brouwer.... I heard a number of times "Troy Brouwer won a Cup with Chicago back in 2009-2010 and he was a HUGE part of that Stanley Cup winning team".

Maybe my recollection is off, but I would not call Brouwer a HUGE part of that team.... especially in the playoffs I don't recall any really big moments from him in that run. Big Buff.... yes.... David Bolland? Andrew Ladd? Patrick Kane? Marian Hossa? Jonathan Toews? Patrick Sharp?

You could argue whether some of those guys were HUGE in terms of their impact on that Cup run, but I don't feel like Brouwer was a huge part.

What do you think?

Not in the playoffs, but he also was in a weird spot where I recall he missed a couple games because of his fathers health. But he did have 1 great game in the 1st game of the final. Though the year before and year after then every year in Washington he's been a playoff dullard. He hits plenty if that matters.

He was huge in the regular season often getting lots of time besides Toews and Kane in those years though.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Not in the playoffs, but he also was in a weird spot where I recall he missed a couple games because of his fathers health. But he did have 1 great game in the 1st game of the final. Though the year before and year after then every year in Washington he's been a playoff dullard. He hits plenty if that matters.

He was huge in the regular season often getting lots of time besides Toews and Kane in those years though.

I think too, given the make up of the team, the weight of it's historical failure, and still only slightly removed from Bill and the demotion of Tallon... well, everything had to fall into place just right for destiny to be decided. And in that respect, every single player on the team had a huge impact on winning the cups. They all brought just the right mix to overcome one of the biggest droughts in NHL history.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I think he put the final nail in the coffin of the Vancouver series if I remember correctly. He picked a nice time to have a great playoff run considering he's an URFA this offseason. Someone is going to overpay for services.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I think he put the final nail in the coffin of the Vancouver series if I remember correctly. He picked a nice time to have a great playoff run considering he's an URFA this offseason. Someone is going to overpay for services.

He could get a overpaid boost somewhere, he's probably best suited to stay with the Blues as long as Hitch is there. He fits the makeup there and Hitch loves him.. he literally played 30 minutes to Tarasenko playing like 21 minutes in one of the OT games in the Hawks series. That was excessive and he's probably better off being in a team that wants to be coached all around goony physical other than being a rare hitter who gets also set up for Shots like he was in Chicago & Washington.

With him being knocked out now, that means no more former Cup Winning Hawks are left, leaving still Colin Fraser as the only former Hawk who win in 10, 13, or 15 to have won another cup.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Stamkos is in.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd Stamkos is out.

Now does he go to Toronto?

Tampa obviously did fine without him.
Did okay without Bishop too, but I think Bishop being out outweighed the loss of Stamkos.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Tampa Bay can add even more talent this offseason. Even if Stamkos leaves, they could trade Bishop who has been injured during their last 3 playoff runs and get a decent haul in return(Dallas & St Louis could use him) Drouin played well but he might be a classic case of a young guy having a great postseason only to follow it up with a disappointing next season like TT this year.