Half Pound Burgers - 99 Cents

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
If you have a Jewel-Osco by you, today only with a limit of 10 are their pub burgers. Normally they are $3.00 each, on sale $2.50 each. Great sale $2.00 each. May 18th however they are 99 cents each.

I'll be making a couple of trips today. They freeze well and are perfect off the grill.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I can always go for a good burger!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What are they? 80% cow 20% cat?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually those Jewel brand pub burgers are excellent, that price is a great deal unfortunately I'm out of town.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I picked up 50 burgers on rain checks yesterday. Had to hit up 4 stores and my wife hit up one. Totally worth it though.

Always open to a better burger but again like it's Hot Italian Sausage I have yet to find better than Jewel.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Not a fan of Jewel, but I'll gladly buy $2/lb ground beef in $5 packages. Rivals ground turkey prices and freezes for months just fine. Actually went there just to pick up 30lbs(3 trips to the "fast lane" checkout.)

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not a fan of Jewel, but I'll gladly buy $2/lb ground beef in $5 packages. Rivals ground turkey prices and freezes for months just fine. Actually went there just to pick up 30lbs(3 trips to the "fast lane" checkout.)

"fast lane" is right.... I hate that they pulled the self checkouts.... now its "Do I wait in the express line of 12 people waiting for 2 express lanes all of whom have like 20 items and they let it slide.... or do I go wait in a regular checkout line behind people who still write checks in the grocery store?"

I used to be able to put all my groceries for the week in 2 plastic bags.... now the same shit winds up in like 8 bags....

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
"fast lane" is right.... I hate that they pulled the self checkouts.... now its "Do I wait in the express line of 12 people waiting for 2 express lanes all of whom have like 20 items and they let it slide.... or do I go wait in a regular checkout line behind people who still write checks in the grocery store?"

I used to be able to put all my groceries for the week in 2 plastic bags.... now the same shit winds up in like 8 bags....

Meh, I don't mind self-checkouts. They suck when you have a lot of produce though. But this is just the what, 2nd generation of self-checkout registers? It will get tremendously better in like 10-20 years.
I'm that guy that brings my own reusable bags and proceeds to the end to bags my own stuff anyways. Baggers have never been particularly great.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
why is it absurd botfly10?

No human should ingest that much red meat at once. It's gluttonous, which for whatever reason isn't a sin in many religious doctrines, as evident by "Christians" creating threads that advocate indulging in such. Not to mention, the plethora of severely obese people that are dressed oh so nice visiting your local buffet on Sunday afternoons.

Sorry for going off topic.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Meh, I don't mind self-checkouts. They suck when you have a lot of produce though. But this is just the what, 2nd generation of self-checkout registers? It will get tremendously better in like 10-20 years.
I'm that guy that brings my own reusable bags and proceeds to the end to bags my own stuff anyways. Baggers have never been particularly great.

I'm "that guy" with the reusable bags as well. Much less wasteful.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I think you misinterpreted what I said, lol I liked the self-checkouts.... they removed the self-checkouts from my Jewel and made it a "express lane" that is 15 items or less and feeds to 4 small checkout stations that are usually only 50% manned.

I am stuck either using a long express checkout line or going to regular checkout behind slow people.

I always prefer to bag my own stuff.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
No human should ingest that much red meat at once. It's gluttonous, which for whatever reason isn't a sin in many religious doctrines, as evident by "Christians" creating threads that advocate indulging in such. Not to mention, the plethora of severely obese people that are dressed oh so nice visiting your local buffet on Sunday afternoons.

Sorry for going off topic.
Off the deep end again eh? Ok.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'm calm, though hypocrisy does rile me up on occasion.

OK, well not sure who was being hypocritical in your life but hope it gets better for you. :shrug: