Bears believe they can replace Forte with this

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've read your opinions and I can't argue. All I can say in dispute is the team lacks so much talent across the board, Pace thought it better to take a positional player, Floyd seems to be as much of a risk as taking Lynch would have been at #11. It seems apparent that Pace feels a better QB option will come along than the ones he has passed on.

I think that the Broncos taking Lynch was a great move. Not sure that Lynch would fit into Fox's idea for an offense, but Lynch sure will fit the Broncos idea. FLoyd is more of a risk of flopping than Lynch is because I think that they will almost have to style their defense around his abilities or disabilities as a player.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
They have to style their defense around an outside linebacker?

-- tapatalkin'!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They have to style their defense around an outside linebacker?

-- tapatalkin'!

Pretty much. I think Fangio will make Floyd the star of his defense.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think that the Broncos taking Lynch was a great move. Not sure that Lynch would fit into Fox's idea for an offense, but Lynch sure will fit the Broncos idea. FLoyd is more of a risk of flopping than Lynch is because I think that they will almost have to style their defense around his abilities or disabilities as a player.

Lol what? The broncos won't have to style their offense around Lynch's capabilities? Dumbest thing I've ever read on here.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post

Lol what? The broncos won't have to style their offense around Lynch's capabilities? Dumbest thing I've ever read on here.

Then you haven't read much on this site. I think Lynch is a sure thing with the Broncos. I don't think that Floyd is a sure thing unless Fangio gets really creative.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post

Then you haven't read much on this site. I think Lynch is a sure thing with the Broncos. I don't think that Floyd is a sure thing unless Fangio gets really creative.
I like when Hawk one-ups himself.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
forte-juke.gif

I will miss these types of moves.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like when Hawk one-ups himself.

You don't think that Lynch will be a good quarterback for the Broncos? I'd say he'll be better immediately than Manning and Oswieler were last year. The kid has a good arm and good mobility and they will carve out a play set for him that will fit his ability. Elway and Kubiak know a bit about quarterbacking.

THe real question is how Floyd is going to be used for the Bears. Fangio has a good mind for putting people into spots to make plays and like I have said before, he will try to move Floyd around where he will be able to use his speed. THe problem can be if he gets mauled by bigger stronger offensive guys. He is pretty skinny. This is going to really be kind of a lab experiment this coming year.

Mitchapalooza

You don't think that Lynch will be a good quarterback for the Broncos? I'd say he'll be better immediately than Manning and Oswieler were last year. The kid has a good arm and good mobility and they will carve out a play set for him that will fit his ability. Elway and Kubiak know a bit about quarterbacking.

THe real question is how Floyd is going to be used for the Bears. Fangio has a good mind for putting people into spots to make plays and like I have said before, he will try to move Floyd around where he will be able to use his speed. THe problem can be if he gets mauled by bigger stronger offensive guys. He is pretty skinny. This is going to really be kind of a lab experiment this coming year.
What's his madden rating though?

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

I think he'll be good, and was actually hoping the Bears would draft him, but to call a late 1st round rookie QB a "sure thing" is asinine.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Forte was never even close to an elite running back , in any year. All around good back and solid at all the little things , that's it. I remember when A.P. came in and remember watching them games against Minnesota and going wow! Wish we had a back like that. So yes Langford will out play Forte this year. And Lynch will be a bust and Floyd will be great

Forte has been elite for the literally the majority of his career. What are you talking about? Most NFL teams would have killed to have a guy like Forte in his prime on their team.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Forte has been elite for the literally the majority of his career. What are you talking about? Most NFL teams would have killed to have a guy like Forte in his prime on their team.

I agree, but if anonman is saying an elite back is a HOF RB then I suppose he's right. Forte is in the next tier though of "that guy" who's damn good but not HOF. His individual offensive production was crazy good and without me looking at stats (at work on phone) probably was at least top 3 in the league for multiple seasons.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Forte was never even close to an elite running back , in any year. All around good back and solid at all the little things , that's it. I remember when A.P. came in and remember watching them games against Minnesota and going wow! Wish we had a back like that. So yes Langford will out play Forte this year. And Lynch will be a bust and Floyd will be great

Forte was/is an elite back. Total yardage tells the story. Forte is right there with AP. As for Langford out playing Forte, Langford might not see the field as their feature back rather as part of a three helmeted assembly that tries to put together the same production as the elite guy they gave up, Forte.

As for Lynch being a bust, I'd say that John Elway and Kubiak know a bit more about quarterback play than any here do and Lynch is just the kind of QB who will be successful. Floyd might be great and I hope that Fangio will figure out how to make him a force, but he is no sure thing and could flop.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree, but if anonman is saying an elite back is a HOF RB then I suppose he's right. Forte is in the next tier though of "that guy" who's damn good but not HOF. His individual offensive production was crazy good and without me looking at stats (at work on phone) probably was at least top 3 in the league for multiple seasons.

In the next three years, if Forte can keep up with his average production since he has been in the league, he just might make the HOF because he will have the numbers for it. Not first ballot but he will have a decent chance at it.

mecha

Liked Posts:
In the next three years, if Forte can keep up with his average production since he has been in the league, he just might make the HOF because he will have the numbers for it. Not first ballot but he will have a decent chance at it.

his longevity alone in that scenario would be psychotic. not even Payton or Faulk pulled that off. or LT

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
his longevity alone in that scenario would be psychotic. not even Payton or Faulk pulled that off. or LT

Payton put up over 2k per year from scrimmage in years 9-11. He was at 1590 in years 1-8.
Payton didnt start for some of his rookie season and he missed games in the strike season, but on a per game basis, he was 111 yards per game total in years 1-8, 128 yards per game in years 9-11.

Forte could last that long... but he will likely be involved in a multi back rotation the rest of his career. I think he gets over 10k+ rushing and 15k + total yards and winds up in the hall a few years after eligibility. Peterson goes first, Gore second, and Jackson/forte have to duke it out.