Report: Blackhawks agree to deal with Czech d-man Kempny

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Yeah they're professional players so they're getting their money if they play in Rockford or Chicago.

It's their first NHL contracts so all first contracts, at 25+ are still waiver exempt the 1st season. Another thing is they'll all be RFA's next offseason too which could help if any of them are quite good at their role.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I find it interesting they are all one way contracts. The forward looks like someone who can slot into a bottom 6 role. I've caught a couple of Kempny game guy can step in and be a top 6 right off the bat. The goalie is intriguing due to the fact we already have Crow and Darling, and I can't see them sign a goalie to a one way deal only to keep in the Rock.

Hopefully all 3 can adjust to the NA ice, and be solid contributers for the upcoming season.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I find it interesting they are all one way contracts. The forward looks like someone who can slot into a bottom 6 role. I've caught a couple of Kempny game guy can step in and be a top 6 right off the bat. The goalie is intriguing due to the fact we already have Crow and Darling, and I can't see them sign a goalie to a one way deal only to keep in the Rock.

Hopefully all 3 can adjust to the NA ice, and be solid contributers for the upcoming season.
Rockford is weak goalie-wise, and there may be a slight chance that Darling (or Crawford, but IMHO very slight for Crawford) is used as a deal sweetener.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Rockford is weak goalie-wise, and there may be a slight chance that Darling (or Crawford, but IMHO very slight for Crawford) is used as a deal sweetener.

A deal sweetener for what?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My best guess? Getting rid of Bickell. If there's one thing that needs to happen, it's that. 4M in dead cap is a fuckton.

Ah ok I get you now.... yeah if you had a deal trying to get someone to eat Bigfoot and you throw in Darling cause they need a goalie.... I would hate to see Darling go, but if we traded Bigfoot, got the cap space back, and we got something in return on account of Darling being involved then it might not be so bad.

If we had to throw Crow in to get it done, I would want either a top 4 D man or a top 6 FWD.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pretty excited about this signing. If he proves to be as good as advertised, he could fill the gaping hole that the Blackhawks have in their D corps.

Yep. They needed another two way defenseman and this guy appears to be just what they need.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that Darling is going to be traded. If it results in Bickell leaving, all the better.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think Shaw, Kruger, or Teuvo would be an add in to trade Bigfoot. Don't see them getting rid of Darling, think Crow goes before Darling.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see Crow going, too much a part of the teams success. They did sign another goalie(Sweden or Finland I think it was) recently doe. Not sure if he'd be ready to back up CC though if Darling were traded.