9 sign that Fales is in Bears long term plan.

Washington

Liked Posts:
The team knew what they had in Fales last year yet released him in September where a team could have grabbed him. All teams passed and the Bears resigned him and put him on the practice squad. They had no choice but to promote him becauses they had nobody else if Cutty got hurt after letting Claussen go. Baltimore would take the flier only because Fales knew the Trestman system.

The fact they played Claussen over Fales in game 3 was telling but seeing they released Fales 3 weeks prior was the initial tell.

If they really were keen on Fales, he would have played in the last 2 games when they were mathematically eliminated saving their superstar QB Cutty from any possible injuries. Not playing Fales was another tell to me.

They didn't sign Hoyer to be 3rd string which is where Fales or Blanchard will be. Fales still has to beat out Blanchard for that spot.

I think the story is a reach at best...

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I root for any underdog, but honestly I think they would have drafted a QB this year if someone they liked fell into their lap. He's got a chance, I guess. Poor Matt Blanchard is almost certainly going to be cut (again).

Usitait

Liked Posts:
He's the new age Jonathan Quinn...he'll be great once he gets a chance

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I guess we'll see when they decide on their 53 players to keep if Fales makes it or goes to the PS. I think most teams keep two QB's on their 53. There were also rumors of Belichek trying to get Fales off of our PS last year or the year before as well.

DWBear

Liked Posts:
My curiosity lies with Blanchard. They made sure that he was on the team this year. Is he some sort of secret weapon, or does he just do a really good job of emulating opposing teams' QBs? It just seems like his name is always there, but never in the forefront of discussions.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
When i first saw this i thought it was gonna be another article to joke on the Bears but all 9 reasons actually make perfect sense.

http://sportsmockery.com/2016/05/7-signs-david-fales-bears-long-term-plans/
Did you actually read the 9 reasons?

1. He's still here
Could it be because he makes $600,000 a year?

2. Blocked Outside Interest
Again, so what? He was cheaper than Claussen. And if the idea of blocking any player meant anything, why wouldn't the Bears have protected the guy who has actually started an NFL game?

3. The Draft
They give a quote from Pace, and assume he means that they are taking a QB, but that is not what Pace's quote says. Pace's quote says they need to make sure they have accurate grades on them.

4. Buried on the Depth Chart
Yep, a clear a sign that he is in the future plans is signing another FA QB and burying a guy on the depth chart.

5. High Praise from Others
Great, trade him to them. Who gives a shit about what Trent Baalke thinks of David Fales? I care what Ryan Pace and John Fox think of him.

6. Progression
How the fuck, unless you're some Sports Mockery dipshit, do you see progression in 52 passes thrown in the preseason? Kill yourself if you think this article is worthwhile.

7. Kevin White
If the 2016 season hinges on the relationship between David Fales and Kevin White then you're fucked.

8. Pace/Brees
Is this a fucking joke? Seriously, kill yourself.

9. Stashing a QB
Seriously, you should die a slow painful death

tl;dr if you found this article interesting, then a pinwheel probably keeps you occupied.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Greatest third string QB in NFL history:

lorenzen2.png

He still plays football lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
600k is .38 of one percent of the overall cap. They can cut him if they found a better option.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:

1. He's still here

Again, so what? He was cheaper than Claussen. And if the idea of blocking any player meant anything, why wouldn't the Bears have protected the guy who has actually started an NFL game?

3. The Draft
They give a quote from Pace, and assume he means that they are taking a QB, but that is not what Pace's quote says. Pace's quote says they need to make sure they have accurate grades on them.

Yep, a clear a sign that he is in the future plans is signing another FA QB and burying a guy on the depth chart.

Great, trade him to them. Who gives a shit about what Trent Baalke thinks of David Fales? I care what Ryan Pace and John Fox think of him.

6. Progression
How the fuck, unless you're some Sports Mockery dipshit, do you see progression in 52 passes thrown in the preseason? Kill yourself if you think this article is worthwhile.

7. Kevin White
If the 2016 season hinges on the relationship between David Fales and Kevin White then you're fucked.

8. Pace/Brees

9. Stashing a QB

tl;dr if you found this article interesting, then a pinwheel probably keeps you occupied.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

1. He's still here

3. The Draft

6. Progression

7. Kevin White

8. Pace/Brees

9. Stashing a QB

Very astute and well reasoned post Gus, you always know what you're talking about.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
When i first saw this i thought it was gonna be another article to joke on the Bears but all 9 reasons actually make perfect sense.

Even the one where we're secretly burying him on the depth chart so other teams will forget he's there?

Or the one where we're going to keep him because he's buds with Kevin white?

Or the one where he's short, and so was Brees?

Or, my favorite.. "Progression". They actually used his whopping 21 attempts in pre-season last year as a sample set to indicate "progression". LOFL.

Reactions: WCL

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Even the one where we're secretly burying him on the depth chart so other teams will forget he's there?

Or the one where we're going to keep him because he's buds with Kevin white?

Or the one where he's short, and so was Brees?

Or, my favorite.. "Progression". They actually used his whopping 21 attempts in pre-season last year as a sample set to indicate "progression". LOFL.

I already covered this Tucan Sam.