Joakim Noah says he's done with the Bulls

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
If he impresses teams in workouts, he might get even more. His question isn't about ethic, but how close to 100%(or whatever arbitrary metric of recovery you want to throw in here) is his shoulder. Then the same question about his knee. Noah plays out of position in a league full of non-traditional positions, so he might want to sign with a team that has a more physical player at the 5 and he'll slot in at the 4 to prolong his career.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Trust me, Jerry is awake and bathing in $100 dollar bills. People act like he doesn't realize what the fans realize. He's not a dumb guy. He's a brilliant businessman. His priorities are different than ours. He is loyal to his people and only works with people that he trusts, enjoys working with, and guys who are comfortable following his orders and vision of the team. Those are all the factors that matter to him. That, and of course selling out the stadium, and having a high profit margin. The playoffs help with that, but JR still made money with the Bulls this season. This is their first playoff miss in what....7 years or something? As long as he keeps making money, and the Bulls reach the post-season, no one is going anywhere. Even a blind monkey should be able to tweak this roster to sneak them in the playoffs. Our only hope as fans to see some change is if the Bulls miss the playoffs for 2, maybe even 3 consecutive seasons. Until then, stop watching or be prepared to be disappointed and frustrated.

Well, thanks for responding the the meat of the argument, instead of glancing over and skipping to the part in bold. Anyways, I disagree. Jerry is not awake at all. He's living in a bubble provided by a great manipulator. Maybe because he doesn't care since he makes bank, that part I don't argue, but he'll make more bank if he can get rid of the the John Paxson cancer. Jerry's loyalty to friends around the league blinds him from seeing the obvious truth.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Well, thanks for responding the the meat of the argument, instead of glancing over and skipping to the part in bold. Anyways, I disagree. Jerry is not awake at all. He's living in a bubble provided by a great manipulator. Maybe because he doesn't care since he makes bank, that part I don't argue, but he'll make more bank if he can get rid of the the John Paxson cancer. Jerry's loyalty to friends around the league blinds him from seeing the obvious truth.

The meat of the argument was the organization sucks lol...and I agree. I'm not sure I agree about Pax setting up "fall guys" though. He got promoted, and somebody had to step in as a GM. But yes, he, as does the whole entire organization, shield themselves from blame. They like to talk about accountability, but they don't hold themselves accountable because nobody (Jerry) is there to do so. I definitely don't think Jerry is blind though. He and Michael both know the organization inside and out better than any of us. They see and know what all of us see and know. They see it first hand and they hear the chatter from fans, media, and others around the league. They just don't care because of sheer stubbornness and arrogance. JR is loyal to his guys and the team is still making him tons of money. It's debatable if he could make more money if someone else were VP and GM. The Bulls are one of the top grossing organizations in the league year in and year out, so I'm not sure how much more they could make. Either way, JR is perfectly content with the monetary flow and more importantly, the clowns who work under him. He's comfortable with them, he likes them, and he's loyal to them. But I don't think for a minute that he's unaware or blind to the cluster fuck Garpax has caused over the past two seasons. A guy with that much control, with as much business savvy and smarts as Reinsdorf isn't ignorant to Garpax's short comings.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The meat of the argument was the organization sucks lol...and I agree. I'm not sure I agree about Pax setting up "fall guys" though. He got promoted, and somebody had to step in as a GM. But yes, he, as does the whole entire organization, shield themselves from blame. They like to talk about accountability, but they don't hold themselves accountable because nobody (Jerry) is there to do so. I definitely don't think Jerry is blind though. He and Michael both know the organization inside and out better than any of us. They see and know what all of us see and know. They see it first hand and they hear the chatter from fans, media, and others around the league. They just don't care because of sheer stubbornness and arrogance. JR is loyal to his guys and the team is still making him tons of money. It's debatable if he could make more money if someone else were VP and GM. The Bulls are one of the top grossing organizations in the league year in and year out, so I'm not sure how much more they could make. Either way, JR is perfectly content with the monetary flow and more importantly, the clowns who work under him. He's comfortable with them, he likes them, and he's loyal to them. But I don't think for a minute that he's unaware or blind to the cluster fuck Garpax has caused over the past two seasons. A guy with that much control, with as much business savvy and smarts as Reinsdorf isn't ignorant to Garpax's short comings.

If you are correct, which you very well might be, BUlls fans are screwed for the future.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
If you are correct, which you very well might be, BUlls fans are screwed for the future.

We've already been screwed. The worst is probably behind us since Noah, Rose and Gibson will be gone within 2 years.

Next year will be a carbon copy of last season. They'll give a half-ass effort and barely miss the playoffs again. Then we're a lottery team in 2017-18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
We're fucked until Reinsdorf dies. We just have to deal with it.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
We're fucked until Reinsdorf dies. We just have to deal with it.

Well, this roster has been an annual disappointment for years now. It never lived up to the hype, so I think the players deserve more blame than Jerry does. It seems like the higher salaries got, the worse their overall performance and attitudes got.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
the team needed to be blown up after Roses second knee injury

what we're seeing now is team thats beat mentally. all the players are quick to point the finger at somebody else for the failures of the team and it just makes for bad chemistry and bad blood

the writing was on wall the last year when they kept talking about not trusting each other. what were they thinking bringing back the same EXACT team?

its testament to thibs that he was able to keep the team together enough to make the playoffs. Hoiberg comes in and has no control over the situation and the past season is what you get

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:

what we're seeing now is team thats beat mentally. all the players are quick to point the finger at somebody else for the failures of the team and it just makes for bad chemistry and bad blood

the writing was on wall the last year when they kept talking about not trusting each other. what were they thinking bringing back the same EXACT team?

its testament to thibs that he was able to keep the team together enough to make the playoffs. Hoiberg comes in and has no control over the situation and the past season is what you get

That's not fair. Hoiberg is a rookie coach, and these guys are highly paid veterans. The problems began under Thib's watch, Hoiberg inherited them.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
That's not fair. Hoiberg is a rookie coach, and these guys are highly paid veterans. The problems began under Thib's watch, Hoiberg inherited them.

i think its fair to say he was in over his head. i pointed out the problems were there under Thibs aswell and im not trying to say the season was all bad just because of Hoiberg....at the root its the players like you said

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
At the roots, it's Pax undermining his coaches and playing spy games.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Phoodini will take care of that for us. I mean Megatron. I mean Axl Rose. I mean Ted Bundy.

little known CCS fact: my first SN was actually Biggaveli

i'll probably keep Axl Rose though

Reactions: BNB

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The fault lies in Gar/Pax. First in their failure to bring in a legit shooting guard and point guard when they obviously needed them. This team never should have been forced to move Butler to shooting guard. They also never replaced Rose with a good point guard to run the offense. Then to top everything off they started making mistakes in who they drafted and failure to bring in decent free agents. But to top off all of their failures, they ruined Thibs's ability to run the team by telling the players to ignore Thibs, and started conversations with Hoiberg before Thibs was even fired.

ANd it is obvious that Hoiberg is not an NBA coach. He is not tough and coaches need to be tough. Some people here talk about how good he is with schemes and running an up tempo offense. If you cannot manage adult men, all of the bright ideas that you have are not going to do you a lick of good.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At the roots, it's Pax undermining his coaches and playing spy games.

That is a big part of it. No question. He needed to get his ass kicked. He and his butt buddy Gar, are shitty organizational players. Their my way or the high way, cost the Bulls organization good scouting people, a great assistant coach, a great head coach, and an inability to attract free agents. It is so fucking obvious, you would have to be deaf dumb and crazy not to fire those two a long time ago.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I also got sick looking and listening to Gasol talking to reporters after every damn loss about how the Bulls have to hustle more, be tougher, do what Freddie wants, etc. Of all people who marched to his own tune, didn't hustle, pouted like a little bitch, it was Gasol. If there was one locker room cancer on the team, it sure wasn't Butler, it was Gasol.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not a huge Bulls follower but, it seemed to me like the Bulls were so close when Rose could not stay healthy.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Reinsdorf is the root of the problem. He's the one who organized the front office and allows them to be grossly incompetent. He holds the most blame bar none.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Reinny knows exactly what he wants to do and is doing it. He really doesn't care about championships in my estimation. His mantra is money and if they win a championship of two, then that is just more money. He has his own fiefdom of yes men and he is protective of them. He lucked out once with Phil Jackson being able to insulate the team from the jag-offs in the front office and was able to win championships. And Reinny had a chance to win with Thibs but refused to give up a bit of his wealth to win a championship. Paxson probably never pressed the issue with him because he wouldn't put his own ass on the line and the Bulls ended up failing.

Fuck Reinny. FUck Paxson. Fuck Gar. Fuck Freddie. They are all at fault to one extent or the other.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
This "championship calibre" roster stopped caring, which ultimately led to Thibs getting fired. Their reasons for dogging it and skipping game after game due to "injuries" may be justified, we'll never know. But the organization failed to hold the players and the front office accountable. That falls on the owner. There's plenty of blame to go around. How GarPax still have jobs with the Bulls is beyond me.