Joakim Noah says he's done with the Bulls

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
Saw Jo was trending on Twitter and this came up. From the sun-times.

According to a Bulls player, Noah has been telling teammates the last few weeks that he was done with the organization once free agency begins, and “has no trust in the front office getting this in the right direction."

The player was asked if Noah’s feelings had anything to do with first-year coach Fred Hoiberg and the he said, he said that went on early in the season when Noah lost his starting job, and insisted that Noah didn’t offer up that as an explanation.

What was offered up, however, was the fact that there seems to be a complete mistrust that multiple players have toward general manager Gar Forman, with Noah leading the way.

Jo1
According to the player, former coach Tom Thibodeau was always able to shield the players from the front office, having them buy into the idea that it was “us against them.’’

However, Hoiberg was deemed a Forman hire, so that wall was very blurry.

What the players have been trying to figure out in building their relationship with Hoiberg has been exactly how tied the coach is with Forman.

“They might not be as tight as everyone, including Gar, thinks,’’ one league source said of the Hoiberg-Forman relationship.

That remains a very important issue moving forward for this team.

“We know there’s at least one assistant [coach] that tells Gar everything that goes on,’’ the player said. “There’s a lot of guys that have a problem with that, and not just Jo.’’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wasn't crazy about the way Thibs coached but I'll least give him credit for being incredibly good at managing player personalities. He had a lot of difficult ones on the Bulls that were "leaders" or key cogs and kept them all in check or kept the ship on course. I think Hoiberg is a hell of an X's and O's guy but he clearly hasn't gotten the personality management side of things down yet. Then again he walked into a locker room that was a trial by fire for him with Rose, Butler, Gasol, and Noah.

Last edited:

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
FWIW, and I've been maybe Noah's biggest critic on this board but if he ends up on a team where he can give them 20-25 minutes a night of high energy play I think he still carries a lot of value in that context/role.

You put him on teams like the Spurs/Warriors/Cavs and he's a guy you can play in small lineups. I don't think he really carries a ton of value as a starting center in the NBA anymore. Too limited. Always has been.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Should have traded him when they could get something for him.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
.....Someone dig up the Melo threads.....

I've been on a Boers and Bernstein kick lately (I know, I know), and one of the youtube clips was a montage of callers who didn't want to lose Luol Deng in a trade for Kobe Bryant, which I think was around 2006? Maybe 2007?? Hindsight shows us that probably wasn't a real trade proposal, but just to hear what people thought at the time was hilarious.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wasn't crazy about the way Thibs coached but I'll least give him credit for being incredibly good at managing player personalities. He had a lot of difficult ones on the Bulls that were "leaders" or key cogs and kept them all in check or kept the ship on course. I think Hoiberg is a hell of an X's and O's guy but he clearly hasn't gotten the personality management side of things down yet. Then again he walked into a locker room that was a trial by fire for him with Rose, Butler, Gasol, and Noah.

I agree. No question that Thibs made some mistakes and I hope that he learned from them. Coaching a team of young kids is one thing. The coach pretty much has all of the power. He can pull scholarships, sit players down, etc. In professional sports it is a big time difference. The coaches have to manage guys with big time egos, making big time money, and a lot of the time the players get out of fucking control. Thibs was done in by the front office who instead of helping him win a championship, planned for his demise.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been on a Boers and Bernstein kick lately (I know, I know), and one of the youtube clips was a montage of callers who didn't want to lose Luol Deng in a trade for Kobe Bryant, which I think was around 2006? Maybe 2007?? Hindsight shows us that probably wasn't a real trade proposal, but just to hear what people thought at the time was hilarious.

Bryant confirmed the proposal was real FWIW.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't Kobe want Deng to stay on the Bulls though?

Sent from the mod retirement home in Bakersfield, California.

Lots of moving parts but yeah that was one of the sticking points, there were other offers with the Bulls-Lakers though that didn't include Deng.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
how has this front office not been fired yet? when a guy like Noah, who is loyal as they come, is done with you then there is a real problem

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lots of moving parts but yeah that was one of the sticking points, there were other offers with the Bulls-Lakers though that didn't include Deng.
Were there? I only remember the one centered around Deng, but as was noted before, Kobe wanted Deng to stay here if he was going to accept any deal. That was also 10 years ago so my memory could be quite fuzzy.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
how has this front office not been fired yet? when a guy like Noah, who is loyal as they come, is done with you then there is a real problem
Every year we ask for GarPax to be fired. Every year we are disappointed.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Kobe had a no trade clause. He wasn't going to waive it if Luol was included in the deal. The Lakers weren't going to pull the trigger without Lu coming back. The deal had no chance of happening and was more of a standoff between Kobe and the Lakers management.

Anyways, Jo needed to go. For his sake and the organization. It is funny that Pax said he was going to try to rebuild the relationship with Jo and they wanted him back. Thankfully, Jo has more sense than the FO and wants to move on like the organization should have wanted. This reinforces that Gar is causing major problems and it is really more him than it is Pax. I'm also willing to bet the assistant coach who tells the FO everything that goes on is Pete Myers. It seems Jo and the players know what all of us know...the FO sucks and nobody has faith that they're going to turn it around. Players talk around the league. Good luck trying to lure even decent free agents here without severely overpaying them (cough cough Harrison Barnes cough cough). This organization is a laughing stock. I will not watch a game next season and I hope many others follow suit.