Kyle Fuller

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Big season for Fuller this one - we'll see if he's got it or not.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
the secondary as a whole will both get tested and get more opportunities this season.

1. everyone knows a pass rush is a DB's best friend.

2. if a QB didn't like what he saw downfield last season he could dump it off to the middle of the field for a good chunk of positive yardage.

cb's can take a while and it's a big transition from the tucker two to fangio's D. I have hope for the kid. I have hope Amos will transition from reliable to playmaker. I expect some growing pains from mid round rookies but hope they show some ability to flash and develop over the season. an improved front seven will tell us the state of the secondary and what kind of attention it needs moving forward.

This is exactly why i see Kyle having a full year... With solid coverage over the middle and a more effective pass rush we Kyle should be able to make some big plays for us... And I fully expect him and him alone to lead the team in turnovers. I think he has a great football IQ, great hands, solid speed, and does a great job of staying close to guys before they enter a full sprint. Again he was beat deep a lot but not having a safety over top or a pass rush is going to get to you eventually.

Kyle will turn it around in a big way this year... bet on it

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
According to PFF he was the 35th best CB out of 114 ranked in 2015.

I see no reason he can't be a top 15 in 2016.
If you break it down by second half of the year too, he was actually a top echelon guy minus actually making the huge plays. He's got some work to do. We will see.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
our whole secondary is a pile of shit imho

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is Kyles 3rd year. This is his year to make it or break it.

Not really. Josh Norman just finished his 4th year. If you could have told me who Josh Norman was before the 2015 season started, I would've been surprised.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Not really. Josh Norman just finished his 4th year. If you could have told me who Josh Norman was before the 2015 season started, I would've been surprised.

Norman was pretty good in 2014 too. His career projection showed he could be what he became in 2015. His career path is kinda similar to what Fuller's has been. Both had pretty bad rookie years. Fuller at least showed some flashes early in the year. Second year, Norman was banged up. Third year, Norman was kinda benched and subbed in and out at times for Carolina. Kinda similar to Fuller last year. But in the 2nd half of 2014, Norman earned his spot back and started shutting down WRs and ended the year as one of the top 3 CBs according to PFF. Fuller obviously didn't have highs as high as those last year, but he was better in the 2nd half last year, and I thought looked like a capable low end #1 to high end #2 CB. My hope is the 2nd year in this defense and a more humble approach that he takes the next step. He's not going to be in a conversation for best CB in the league like Norman, but I hope he can get firmly into the top 1/2 of #1 CBs in the league, or a top 15 CB.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Was Josh Norman a 1st round pick?

Who cares what round he was drafted in. The point of my post was to show you that players can hit stride at almost any point in their NFL careers.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I'm just glad we don't have to watch him get torched by Megatron anymore.

The whole league has been getting torched by megatron for the last decade...

Tillman was the only guy that could cover him... he just happened to be on our team...

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Succinctly put. I would have to agree.

yeah no sence beating around the bush dudes a fail he will make a decent backup at best at this point its time too start l;ooking elsewhere unless he somehow shows miraculous improvement this season

Antobears

Liked Posts:
I see no reason why he can't be serviceable but a disappointing first round pick to be sure

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
hes not very good

Succinctly put. I would have to agree.

yeah no sence beating around the bush dudes a fail he will make a decent backup at best at this point its time too start l;ooking elsewhere unless he somehow shows miraculous improvement this season

A little too early to be on the ledge boys....hb you may have jumped already. KF's 1st year with Mel Tucker, I don't think was as bad as the first half of last season under Fangio. Fuller reportedly was very cocky and uncoachable in the beginning with NF, Fuller was beaten badly multiple times in the 1st half of the season because he wasn't buying in to the way Fangio wanted him to play (technique is everything).

That came to a head and Fuller was benched for a short time which prompted him to listen to Fangio. Tom Thayer talked about this with Mully and Hanley.

The latter half of the season was much better for Fuller without all of the plays similar to the first half of the season with him getting burned. I see Fuller becoming a very solid CB for the Bears in the future.

If he stinks it up this season.... I'm with you, but it's too early to declare him a bust.

Liked Posts:
Revis is a legend...

Norman was on one of the best defenses in the league? wtf are you talking about...

Chris Harris Jr was on the best defense in the league in the Broncos?

I hope this is sarcasm...

There actually is & has been a lot of very good or better CB's that are & have been better than Fuller who aren't 6'3" or better, or best on a defense , or even "legends". I love that you lurk here again. God you are so dumb, that it's hilarious.

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
My prediction on Fuller: He will leave Chicago with declining play and a bad attitude, go to a different system and mature as a player and person, and end up being pretty good. I hope I'm wrong though.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
My prediction on Fuller: He will leave Chicago with declining play and a bad attitude, go to a different system and mature as a player and person, and end up being pretty good. I hope I'm wrong though.

If he can't perform under coaches like Fox and Fangio who are known for developing defensive talent and being able to relate to players, Fuller isn't going to bloom somewhere else.