CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
To legitimately answer your question, it seemed like whenever a problem presented itself on the show, Shane's idea was the realistic idea while Rick's idea would be the idealistic/moralistic idea. Yet everyone would go along with Rick, even though his ideas usually put the group in danger. I thought the writers did a good job of making Shane somewhat of a sympathetic character. The backstory was that Rick and Lori's marriage had been on the rocks for a long time, and to me it seemed to imply that Lori and Shane had already hooked up and that Carl was actually Shane's kid.

Rick is a lot like Jack from Lost, and Jack was the worst character on that show. Interestingly, Rick is the worst character on TWD.

nobull

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember there was one flashback scene where Lori is dolled up and picking up Carl from school, and she was talking to some other mom and telling her how bad their marriage has been. Then another flashback scene between Shane and Rick had Shane talking about how incredible Lori was. Then, even after Rick came back and Shane was feuding with Lori, he still would do everything possible for Carl. So my personal thought was that Carl was also Shane's kid. Maybe it was just me.
It was you

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Rick is a lot like Jack from Lost, and Jack was the worst character on that show. Interestingly, Rick is the worst character on TWD.

Lost was horrible. TWD is atleast bearable although the story line is becoming very redundant.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The only way to build rapport with Cutler is to catch every ball thrown to you, even his mistakes.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Lost was horrible. TWD is atleast bearable although the story line is becoming very redundant.

AMC's only cash cow after Breaking Bad ended so they're going to milk that show until everyone hates it.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
AMC's only cash cow after Breaking Bad ended so they're going to milk that show until everyone hates it.

Breaking Bad was great. Have you watched any of the Better Call Saul? I always wondered if that was any good.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
That's a good analogy. Jack was the lamest character on Lost. Jack's decision making was as if they were living in a normal situation. Rick's decision making was as if there weren't zombies everywhere.

I liked Jack going out into the forest to confront The Others with a couple handguns. At some point I think it might cross your mind that if they were able to kidnap people from your camp, they might know a little more of the layout than you do. You guys probably didn't need that half dozen guns though.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I liked Jack going out into the forest to confront The Others with a couple handguns. At some point I think it might cross your mind that if they were able to kidnap people from your camp, they might know a little more of the layout than you do. You guys probably didn't need that half dozen guns though.

Jack was also a doctor who people looked to for leadership in a crisis.... I think he did a bunch of dum shit cause that is what that type of person would do.

Would you of preferred they wrote Jack as somehow being a Navy Seal and deftly ambushing The Others?

Dat woulda been moar lulz but even worse.... "Da fuq....wen did Jack become a Navy SEAL?"

People are dum.... I actually appreciate writers accepting that and putting it into practice.

Jack was like the desperado of LOST

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Jack was also a doctor who people looked to for leadership in a crisis.... I think he did a bunch of dum shit cause that is what that type of person would do.

Would you of preferred they wrote Jack as somehow being a Navy Seal and deftly ambushing The Others?

Dat woulda been moar lulz but even worse.... "Da fuq....wen did Jack become a Navy SEAL?"

People are dum.... I actually appreciate writers accepting that and putting it into practice
Jack was like the desperado of LOST
I should clarify a bit more; I agree with what you say here. I guess my biggest problem was in the later seasons when they 'went back.' I think - and this is an example of great writing - that he was uncomfortable not being in that leadership position. So anytime his authority was challenged, he'd come up with just dumb idea after dumb idea.

mecha

Liked Posts:
do you go through the forum pages manually to find old shit or do you just have a checklist of various terms to search for?

I'm trying to understand how people have time throughout the course of their day to devote to necro-ing threads because they think it's funny.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Not that hard. PAPABEAR77 mentioned something about the CCS Thread HOF, so I did the following:

1) View profile
2) View started threads

Took all of 10 seconds. You really need to improve your CCS posting efficiency. I've never actually used the CCS search function, because I just assume its broken.
then if you did all of that just to trollolol me you should of been able to bump the thread that you mentioned.

if its that easy I don't need to feed you then do I troll

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
squirrel-dumpster-dive.jpg
It's not always stale.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Stop digging up these old threads!!! If there is no new news then I can move on to my favorite basketweaving forum that much faster....