#Bears have signed first-round draft pick Leonard Floyd

mecha

Liked Posts:
why does this process take so long? I was under the impression you enter the draft to like... get signed by a team. isn't that the ultimate goal, TO GO PRO?

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
why does this process take so long? I was under the impression you enter the draft to like... get signed by a team. isn't that the ultimate goal, TO GO PRO?

Well I mean before the new CBA they generally didn't even start negotiating until mid summer and rookie training camp hold outs were not uncommon. So 1 month probably isn't something worth complaining about.

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
Well I mean before the new CBA they generally didn't even start negotiating until mid summer and rookie training camp hold outs were not uncommon. So 1 month probably isn't something worth complaining about.

Bingo. Been worse...
464x553

napo55

Liked Posts:
And to make as much money as possible. Remember our next president may be the Money God.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Anyone know the contact deats?

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone know the contact deats?

just that it's a four-year deal with a fifth-year option....no details about price...

that just leaves Bullard unsigned

Burrberry

Liked Posts:

He's a pass rusher and those guys are fast becoming the most valuable players on defense so his agent probably got him some extra money in his deal for that reason.

In Bullard's case he was drafted in a slot where there is some negotiation that can be done; especially since schematically he fits better than the DE's we have now.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The contract is expected to pay Floyd close to $15.8 million over the next four seasons. Kevin White, the team's first-round pick (seventh overall) a year ago, is in the second year of a $16.5 million, four-year contract.

Link no worky for me, but rookie contracts are slotted right?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The contract is expected to pay Floyd close to $15.8 million over the next four seasons. Kevin White, the team's first-round pick (seventh overall) a year ago, is in the second year of a $16.5 million, four-year contract.

Must be nice to be Kevin White and get paid 4 mil for not playing a down lol

Edit: Hope he's able to feed himself on that salary. If he has kids, he'll need a pay raise.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
In todays NFL, draft slots are slotted! SIGNING BONUSES ARE NOT!!

Signing bonuses doesn't matter. The 1st round rookie contracts are fully guaranteed m. Teams only have to decide about the 5th year contracts whether to pick it up or not.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great news! Now let's get to camp!