Why did they slide?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Creatine doesn't do shit but cause you to retain some water. It certainly can be tough but you realize these teams have the absolute best trainers and nutritionist's on the planet right? My guess is these guys who are trying to gain mass are eating 4-5 meals per day high protein/low fat. I would venture to guess they're being expected to eat around 4-5,000 calories per day of clean food. A buddy of mine went from a stick (145 lbs @ 6'1") to 190 lbs @ 8% body fat in approximately 4 years. He did this all on his own and now runs his own fitness company. So I have no doubts the pros that work with the teams will have these guys diald in so long as they follow the program.

These are all well known facts that "your 10% bf gym rats do" which I said. Except for the Creatine part which has helped tons of people put on lean mass.

I am more talking short cuts that a professional trainer would use to get the muscle on FASTER for someone like Braverman.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
There are different types of creatine. Old school monohydrate does help the body retain water. There are plenty of legit studies that show many people see legitimate strength gains on newer versions. The byproduct of that is legitimate lean mass and you don't necessarily have to cycle off of the new stuff because it doesn't fuck with your liver.

Even the cheaper Body Fortress shit you can get a Walmart works fantastic. I've seen it with my own eyes with guys I work with. 100% pure Hydrochloride Creatine is very legit.

No "load" time either.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
These are all well known facts that "your 10% bf gym rats do" which I said. Except for the Creatine part which has helped tons of people put on lean mass.

I am more talking short cuts that a professional trainer would use to get the muscle on FASTER for someone like Braverman.

outside of steroids there is no shortcut, it's genetics and work you put in.

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
outside of steroids there is no shortcut, it's genetics and work you put in.

That's like saying the only way a runner is going to get better at running is to just run. False. It may not be a "shortcut" but there is plenty of ways a professional nutritionist and NFL trainers can maximize growth that Joe Schmo might not know.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
No shit thanks for agreeing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Having watched Bullard all year as a Gator fan, he played like a first rounder to me. Another concern might have been the underwhelming play of recent Gator DEs in Dominique Easley and Sharif Floyd.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
The dumb ITT is actually scary....

Creatine does not act DIRECTLY to have anabolic process accelerate in any way. It simply acts to bring inorganic phosphate back to ADP aiding in reuptake and creation of ATP which can be used easily by the body for short burst energy.

Basically it's like having more nitro in a race car for drag racing; or maybe a better metaphor would be having a nitro tank that refills itself faster or something.

It can allow you to workout longer and more intensely and help you avoid DOMS, which INDIRECTLY may aid in hypertrophy, but this is nothing like steroids which literally can directly effect levels of protein synthesis.

And yes, some forms have been proven to increase water retention. Anecdotally, I put on 3-4 percent of my bodyweight in water when I cycle on creatine monohydrate.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The dumb ITT is actually scary....

Creatine does not act DIRECTLY to have anabolic process accelerate in any way. It simply acts to bring inorganic phosphate back to ADP aiding in reuptake and creation of ATP which can be used easily by the body for short burst energy.

Basically it's like having more nitro in a race car for drag racing; or maybe a better metaphor would be having a nitro tank that refills itself faster or something.

It can allow you to workout longer and more intensely and help you avoid DOMS, which INDIRECTLY may aid in hypertrophy, but this is nothing like steroids which literally can directly effect levels of protein synthesis.

And yes, some forms have been proven to increase water retention. Anecdotally, I put on 3-4 percent of my bodyweight in water when I cycle on creatine monohydrate.

Sure, cool story and once you're off your cycle you lose your 'gains' and I use that loosely. Like I said, in the long wrong it doesn't do shit but cause you to retain water and make your kidneys work over time.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Sure, cool story and once you're off your cycle you lose your 'gains' and I use that loosely. Like I said, in the long wrong it doesn't do shit but cause you to retain water and make your kidneys work over time.

No, no you don't lose your "gains" assuming you're referring to added lean mass.....if you keep weight training, there is no reason you would magically lose gains that creatine aided in you obtaining.

You would however lose weight, but the weight you would lose would just be water.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Also, there are quite a few pill forms of creatine that claim people don't retain water while on them. These seem to be more popular for those who are cutting.

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:

Yeah ignore the guy that clearly knows what he's talking about to further back your half ass claim

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Yeah ignore the guy that clearly knows what he's talking about to further back your half ass claim

In his defense, I am often a kind of know-it-all prick on here, but in this case, yes, I do know what im talking about, and there is no magical reason "gains" (added LBM) would just disappear from cycling off creatine for awhile.

I personally used to cycle off it all the time and the only thing I really experienced was a return to my old performance limitations/soreness.

It isn't a "magic pill"; you still have to put in the work, but it CERTAINLY (in my case) allowed me to put in a bit more work longer and more often with less DOMS.

The same exact thing could be said for getting a solid 8 hours of sleep. Honestly, the biggest deficiency in most younger guys workout regimen is not getting the consistent rest you need for optimal results. I'd take sleep over creatine if you're the type to only catch 5hrs a night like some guys.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

If it's on the internet it must be true.

That you can't shortcut growth? You can't you ignorant chimp. Aren't you the dumbass who made that comment

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
In his defense, I am often a kind of know-it-all prick on here, but in this case, yes, I do know what im talking about, and there is no magical reason "gains" (added LBM) would just disappear from cycling off creatine for awhile.

I personally used to cycle off it all the time and the only thing I really experienced was a return to my old performance limitations/soreness.

It isn't a "magic pill"; you still have to put in the work, but it CERTAINLY (in my case) allowed me to put in a bit more work longer and more often with less DOMS.

The same exact thing could be said for getting a solid 8 hours of sleep. Honestly, the biggest deficiency in most younger guys workout regimen is not getting the consistent rest you need for optimal results. I'd take sleep over creatine if you're the type to only catch 5hrs a night like some guys.

That's what I'm saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CubsWin

Liked Posts:
As some have mentioned, Bullard is 6-3, not 6-2. And he's 285. That's fine for a 5T in a 3-4. He'll put on 5 to 15 lbs easily. I think the reason he fell is simple. This year was unusually deep for defensive linemen. A lot of guys fell further than expected. A'Shawn Robinson was projected by just about everyone to go from about 11 to 20. He ended up being picked in the second round. Same with his teammate, Jarran Reed.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
He is almost the exact same size as Ray McDonald and McDonald was a very solid player under Fangio (minus the legal issues)

And Bullard will play next to Goldman (6'4 330. 33+arms) and Hicks (6'5 325, 35+arms) where Ray played next to much smaller players.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Both links take me to the Braverman page, fyi. The articles main thing against Braverman is his size won't be competent for the physicality of the NFL. He is 5'10 177lbs and Royal is listed at 5'10 185lbs. Are those 8lbs going to make Braverman able to take more hits? It won't be difficult for him to put on a few pounds. If Royal is actually healthy this year, I see him being the slot guy but if Braverman can stick around as a back up he could be the guy next year.

We have 3 guys that could take the slot and play it well in Royal, Braverman and i really like what M.Mariani did for us in the slot the last few games of the season. We're gonna have to make some tough cuts at WR cause we actually have some pretty good names which is odd for our Chicago Bears to have an overload of good WR's.

Scottish Bear

Liked Posts:
The key is Fangio and this isn't a square peg/round hole situation with Bullard. Give him talent and he'll find a way to use it.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

If that's the case, should there not be concerns around Bullard if Fangio should move for a Head Coach role elsewhere at the end of the season? There were plenty of concerns that he was on several teams' lists this time round.

Do we have the same confidence other defensive coaches could get the best from Bullard to the same extent?

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
If that's the case, should there not be concerns around Bullard if Fangio should move for a Head Coach role elsewhere at the end of the season? There were plenty of concerns that he was on several teams' lists this time round.

Do we have the same confidence other defensive coaches could get the best from Bullard to the same extent?
I'm not sure Fangio is head coach material. He's been widely regarded as one of the best defensive minds in football for a years now and hasn't received much interest from other teams. At least publicly.

He might be a guy like Dick LeBeau. Defensive mastermind for his entire career, which would be awesome for us.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk