Could WR Kieren Duncan Pace's next UDFA "steal"(Article).

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Save you a click guy

https://nflmocks.com/2016/05/28/chicago-bears-find-undrafted-gem-in-wrkr-kieren-duncan/

The Chicago Bears had one of the best draft classes in 2016 in the whole NFL, but they may have found a gem outside of the draft in WR/KR Kieren Duncan…

The Chicago Bears absolutely killed the 2016 NFL Draft, but they showed afterward by signing CSU-Pueblo star WR/KR Kieren Duncan that they weren’t done.

If you put Duncan in a no. 16 uniform at Kansas State, fans might have sworn you put a wig on Tyler Lockett and gave him an extra year of eligibility. This guy can flat out do it all. Not only making routine catches and circus catches as a receiver, but taking the ball out of the backfield and especially as a kick/punt returner.

He has dynamic playmaking ability after the catch and with the ball in his hands in general. He’s able to see the field really well and has great change of direction quickness.

[video=youtube;hyz9Rofi7PM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyz9Rofi7PM[/video]

A lot of times with small school receivers, you will see very basic route concepts for receivers and compared to the NFL level, that might be true. In the case of Kieren Duncan, I don’t see someone who is rudimentary in route running skill. He runs really sharp routes and catches the ball cleanly away from his body despite smaller hands with a 5-10, 179 pound frame.

It’s going to take him some time to develop, but the smaller receivers with speed are en vogue in today’s NFL. He will be dwarfed by guys like Alshon Jeffery, Kevin White, and Marquess Wilson in Chicago, but he’ll blaze by them in a footrace as well.

Duncan reportedly ran a hand-timed 4.25 second 40-yard dash at his pro day prior to the draft, and others clocked him in the mid-4.3 range.

https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/714964898938118144?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

I don’t care what time he ran within those parameters — this dude is blazing fast. And that speed shows up on tape.

The Bears have an absolute steal here. I don’t know how the roster will shake out in terms of WR depth, but there’s no question this guy could get some snaps as a rookie and just make an impact based on how well he runs with the ball in his hands. Unlike a lot of smaller receiver/returners, Duncan doesn’t seem to have problems catching the ball.

Throw him a quick screen, get him on some go routes, and feature him as a returner and see what kind of impact he can make. As the offseason progresses, I think you’re going to hear more and more about this young speedster.

In the NFL, speed kills, and Duncan is primed to leave a lot of people in the rear-view mirror.

The competition aspect is obviously the biggest hurdle, but it's pretty obvious that he does have wheels. Between Bolden being brought in one return position has to be locked up, so if last year is any indicator he shouldn't have much competition. It'll be interesting to see how the WR rotation outside of Jeffery, White, Welson shapes up with guys like Mariani, Braverman, and Royal in the mix(And guys like Deonte Thompson presumingly being thrown in there for competition).

RisWell01

Liked Posts:
Got some skills but dont see him making the team. Nice project though.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Who was his first "steal?"

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
watching the highlights i wasnt overly impressed to nfl standards.

we'll see.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
CSU-Pueblo! Get after it, Kieren!

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
the video doesn't wow you at all. he is mostly up against weaker talent for one,and he will have to beat out the likes of Braverman , Wilson , White, Thompson, Royal ,Mariani, Bellamy, Jeffery .If this kid makes the practice squad I will be impressed

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
I like his speed and I like his vision. He did a good job setting up his blockers. He was obviously the fast guy on the field so he will have to adjust to playing against guys that can actually catch him. He will have a chance if the bears keep 6 WR. Jeffery, White, Royal, Wilson, Braverman are going to be hard to beat out

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I like his speed and I like his vision. He did a good job setting up his blockers. He was obviously the fast guy on the field so he will have to adjust to playing against guys that can actually catch him. He will have a chance if the bears keep 6 WR. Jeffery, White, Royal, Wilson, Braverman are going to be hard to beat out

Yeah, and apparently his competition never heard of staying in their lanes or taking proper tackling angles. But I'm intrigued, if only for the Lockett comparisons. But he'll have a tough time making this team with the depth at WR. He'll have to win the return job in a landslide, because everyone else is more proven as a WR. May need an injury, and a Royal cut to even get a legit shot. He's 4th on the depth chart for just WRs that are similar to him (5'10" slot only guys). But if he can show some ability, he'll at least get a shot on the practice squad.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
the video doesn't wow you at all. he is mostly up against weaker talent for one,and he will have to beat out the likes of Braverman , Wilson , White, Thompson, Royal ,Mariani, Bellamy, Jeffery .If this kid makes the practice squad I will be impressed

Other than Jeffrey and White....what talent on that list looks so unbeatable to you?

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Yeah the only way I see him making it is as a returner, and Bolden has one of them locked up. I could see him as the 6th guy, but the staff will have to believe he's a better player than Mariani who was a dependable receiver last year even if he wasn't explosive as a returner. Honestly I'd look to move Royal or eat his salary, before getting rid of Mariani but that's just me. His best year was his rookie season and he's had problems staying on the field his entire career.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
13-RMAC_Champ.jpg

Is this a real school?

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Apparently they just recently resurrected their football program. Duncan had an offer from Fresno State, but for whatever reason it fell through.; thus he ended up playing for The Replacements university.

Trump32

Liked Posts:
13-RMAC_Champ.jpg

Is this a real school?

They seem to still be learning basic math, that's not enough players. Who the hell is supposed to be on the line? That picture is like the Taco Bell version of beef block. Only one guy is even big enough to play.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Other than Jeffrey and White....what talent on that list looks so unbeatable to you?
he wont beat out royal, Wilson or Braverman . unless their is a injury he will have to make it on special teams and their you have Bolden andThompson. I just don't see a steal here imo.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
he wont beat out royal, Wilson or Braverman . unless their is a injury he will have to make it on special teams and their you have Bolden andThompson. I just don't see a steal here imo.

Braverman has been key for us in the past.