CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm not a fan of moving him until February, let him earn his contract for a bit and hopefully you can sell high.

CubsWin

Liked Posts:
Keep Butler, trade Rose. Draft Damontas Sabonis (C) in the first round and Gary Payton ll (PG) in the second round.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
im a believer we could trade Rose this offseason...every team is gonna have a ton of cap

we wont get anything for him, but if we're looking to shed his contract so we could 'move on' i can see a team wanting to get a 1 year look at him on their team and with their medical staff to assess if they want to keep him long term

I think so also. For a team in the real need to be a legit contender next year and who needs a guard, why not Rose? Either that or try and sign and trade if there is a team who thinks that he is sound. He is no longer a superstar but he still has talent and can help the right team if he is healthy.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Keep Butler, trade Rose. Draft Damontas Sabonis (C) in the first round and Gary Payton ll (PG) in the second round.

I like Sabonis a lot and they do need a big man. Not sure Payton will last to the 2nd round, though. I still would try to trade Rose to the Lakers for one of their young guys and a draft pick.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
Yeah, if I am a superstar FA, the main reason I want to sign with the Bulls is to play alongside Derrick Rose.
Wasn't the point of my post.

I responded to a guy detailing one of the reasons free agents refuse to sign with the Bulls. Like I stated, if the Bulls trade Rose after he rehabbed back from multiple knee surgeries, their reputation will be irreparable.

It's hilarious reading posts here and on realgm that have pushed the same foxnews-like talking points ... LOL. You guys are so afraid of Rose continuing his upward progression that you actually created a false narrative for next season already. Just in case he's close to mvp level next season, you guys are already prepared to criticize him for playing well only because it's a contract year ... LOL.

CubsWin

Liked Posts:
I like Sabonis a lot and they do need a big man. Not sure Payton will last to the 2nd round, though. I still would try to trade Rose to the Lakers for one of their young guys and a draft pick.

I always thought of Payton as a late first rounder, but both draftexpress and nbadraft.net have him going second round. He's not a good outside shooter. But his defense and athleticism are elite. And he can score.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wasn't the point of my post.

I responded to a guy detailing one of the reasons free agents refuse to sign with the Bulls. Like I stated, if the Bulls trade Rose after he rehabbed back from multiple knee surgeries, their reputation will be irreparable.

It's hilarious reading posts here and on realgm that have pushed the same foxnews-like talking points ... LOL. You guys are so afraid of Rose continuing his upward progression that you actually created a false narrative for next season already. Just in case he's close to mvp level next season, you guys are already prepared to criticize him for playing well only because it's a contract year ... LOL.

Well, I think that you also may have some big blinders on with Rose. You talk about his "upward progression"? Then there is your possible "mvp" level next season stuff??

Yeah, I am not a Rose fan. But it is all based on what he has done in front of me. I think that he is pretty dumb. I think that he lets his "posse" dominate everything. I think that he has let down his teammates ever since he got hurt. I think that Rose is a damn prima donna who cares nothing but himself. He had a big time chance to be an idol in Chicago if he would have only TRIED to be a good teammate and TRIED to come back to help them. They were oh so close to win a championship and what did we hear for Rose? I'm not ready. I want to be able to provide for my kid. I want to be able to walk when he graduates from grammar school. I am happily awaiting the salary cap increase.

Truth is, that Rose is a dumb ass whose agent must be an idiot also to allow this putz to say the shit that he does. He has managed to take a hometown guy who was loved by the Bulls fans to morph into the selfish asshole that he is.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
What is that thing called...

The abusive boyfriend disillusion. 'Oh.. one day he'll get better and wont cheat on me, or wont beat me'

Similar to saying 'One day Rose will get better and not be a liability.'

But the same thing holds true. There are other fish in the sea.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
2008. The big argument was Rose or Beasley. Sure Rose turned out to be the right guy, at least for a season or two but if they had taken Beasley....he would've been dumped long ago as the Bulls moved on to other options. They wouldn't be in the mess they are today. Maybe that coin flip wasn't so lucky after all.

The best move that year would've been to draft Russell Westbrook.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
2008. The big argument was Rose or Beasley. Sure Rose turned out to be the right guy, at least for a season or two but if they had taken Beasley....he would've been dumped long ago as the Bulls moved on to other options. They wouldn't be in the mess they are today. Maybe that coin flip wasn't so lucky after all.

Hindsight is great isn't it?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
What is that thing called...

The abusive boyfriend disillusion. 'Oh.. one day he'll get better and wont cheat on me, or wont beat me'

Similar to saying 'One day Rose will get better and not be a liability.'

But the same thing holds true. There are other fish in the sea.

Sounds like you're terrified of Rose's upward progression

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

who was a considered a reach at 4 at the time, moreless #1.

oh well im appreciative of the exciting years Rose did give us. it was better than watching a trio of DJ Augustin, Hinrich, and John Salmons chuck us to the mid-late lottery every year.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
Yeah even though it's done now, I'm definitely thankful for Rose, he rekindled my love for the NBA, there were a few years where I totally lost interest and only watched as a casual fan, the mid-2000s were a rough time for basketball fans. Rose sort of brought me back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not to pat myself on the back, but I REALLY wanted the Bulls to trade up to get Dwayne Wade. IIRC, all they had to do was swap two spots with Miami. I thought Wade was an elite NBA talent in a pretty stacked draft.
Doesn't the story go that the Bulls wanted to do just that, but Riley refused because he also recognized Wade's talent?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
the story goes that they had a deal on the table to swap 7+Marshal for #4 and Paxson refused...however, through some research i found an old interview where Paxson denied there was ever anything on the table

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
the story goes that they had a deal on the table to swap 7+Marshal for #4 and Paxson refused...however, through some research i found an old interview were Paxson denied there was ever anything on the table
What the heck...