Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not to pat myself on the back, but I REALLY wanted the Bulls to trade up to get Dwayne Wade. IIRC, all they had to do was swap two spots with Miami. I thought Wade was an elite NBA talent in a pretty stacked draft.

I really had no preference between Rose and Beasley. I thought they were both good, but I did not expect Rose to be THAT dynamic early on in the NBA.

I remember wanting OJ Mayo.

I thought both Beasley and Rose had more potential, but looked at Mayo as a safer and more NBA ready pick. Also, we had a 22-year old Deng who, at the time, seemed like he was only going to get better. Since we had him at 3, and since Beasley would have most likely played the 3, I didn't see it being a fit. And since Mayo was capable of playing both G positions, and since he was a better pure shooter than Rose, I thought he'd be a good fit with Hinrich, who was 1 year removed from a 16/6 season where he shot 45% from the field and 41% from 3.

It didn't take long after that to see that Hinrich was getting progressively worse and that Deng was never going to get much better hahaha

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If you did that '03 draft over again: would you take Wade at #2 overall?

CubsWin

Liked Posts:
If you did that '03 draft over again: would you take Wade at #2 overall?

Yes. Or Carmelo. But I prefer Wade. I would also take Kyle Korver a lot higher than 51 overall.

The Bulls (and many others) thought they had a good shot at Wade at number seven that year. Sigh.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Yes. Or Carmelo. But I prefer Wade. I would also take Kyle Korver a lot higher than 51 overall.

The Bulls (and many others) thought they had a good shot at Wade at number seven that year. Sigh.

Korver...? Good god.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

Yeah. All the mock drafts said wade would fall to the bulls at 7. I think that kind of caught paxson off guard and he just took the BPA hinrich.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's NBA All Star Kyle Korver to you

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is that thing called...

The abusive boyfriend disillusion. 'Oh.. one day he'll get better and wont cheat on me, or wont beat me'

Similar to saying 'One day Rose will get better and not be a liability.'

But the same thing holds true. There are other fish in the sea.

You should post that on r/chicagobulls . They need a reality check .

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Well, I think that you also may have some big blinders on with Rose. You talk about his "upward progression"? Then there is your possible "mvp" level next season stuff??

Yeah, I am not a Rose fan. But it is all based on what he has done in front of me. I think that he is pretty dumb. I think that he lets his "posse" dominate everything. I think that he has let down his teammates ever since he got hurt. I think that Rose is a damn prima donna who cares nothing but himself. He had a big time chance to be an idol in Chicago if he would have only TRIED to be a good teammate and TRIED to come back to help them. They were oh so close to win a championship and what did we hear for Rose? I'm not ready. I want to be able to provide for my kid. I want to be able to walk when he graduates from grammar school. I am happily awaiting the salary cap increase.

Truth is, that Rose is a dumb ass whose agent must be an idiot also to allow this putz to say the shit that he does. He has managed to take a hometown guy who was loved by the Bulls fans to morph into the selfish asshole that he is.

If I was Rose I would not trust the Bulls have his best interests at heart either. Bulls management has always been the main obstacle in attracting free agents. You forget Rose had a front row seat watching the Bulls mistreatment of Deng and Noah. You remember active rest. A favorite tactic of the Bulls. Is to use the media to apply pressure on Bulls players. Rose listened to players like Grant Hill and Penny Hardaway tell him not to let management rush him before he feels ready. That is why Rose can withstand the scorn. That is also why Rose retains as much as he had.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If I was Rose I would not trust the Bulls have his best interests at heart either. Bulls management has always been the main obstacle in attracting free agents. You forget Rose had a front row seat watching the Bulls mistreatment of Deng and Noah. You remember active rest. A favorite tactic of the Bulls. Is to use the media to apply pressure on Bulls players. Rose listened to players like Grant Hill and Penny Hardaway tell him not to let management rush him before he feels ready. That is why Rose can withstand the scorn. That is also why Rose retains as much as he had.

You bring up some valid points. I just do not think that Rose really handles himself very well as a player and especially a teammate. Frankly, I'd bet that he isn't respected a lot by fellow players and NBA coaches.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
You bring up some valid points. I just do not think that Rose really handles himself very well as a player and especially a teammate. Frankly, I'd bet that he isn't respected a lot by fellow players and NBA coaches.

There is a reason Noah sides with Rose. He knows. Even Butler was seeking second opinions.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:

The fuq? How has Noah been mistreated by the Bulls? And Deng punched his ticket out of Chicago when he refused to take less money to stay here. $10MM per is a reasonable contract for someone who disappears in the playoffs snd big games.

As for Rose, he gets paid over $1MM per game to sit on the bench. He gives no fucks about his teammates, the organization or the fans. Fuck that idiot.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
The fuq? How has Noah been mistreated by the Bulls? And Deng punched his ticket out of Chicago when he refused to take less money to stay here. $10MM per is a reasonable contract for someone who disappears in the playoffs snd big games.

As for Rose, he gets paid over $1MM per game to sit on the bench. He gives no fucks about his teammates, the organization or the fans. Fuck that idiot.

Technically deng was offered the same amount of money he ended up signing for in miami

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
I am talking about the Bulls treatment regarding injuries. The Bulls are quick to use the media to do their bidding.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I am talking about the Bulls treatment regarding injuries. The Bulls are quick to use the media to do their bidding.

Oook... can you be more specific? As far as I'm aware, it's been the other way around. Rose, Butler and Noah have used the media to express their displeasure with team related stuff. How have the Bulls FO done this to mistreat the players?

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Oook... can you be more specific? As far as I'm aware, it's been the other way around. Rose, Butler and Noah have used the media to express their displeasure with team related stuff. How have the Bulls FO done this to mistreat the players?

The Bulls spent half the season claiming Luol Deng only had a bone bruise and he was babying himself. The Bulls leaked to the media that Deng should participate in "active rest". The Bulls had the media, fans and even some players questioning his heart. Finally Deng got a second opinion. It turns out he had a stress fracture. De ng later almost died from a botched spinal tap and because of the hatchet job of the Bulls he was forced to prove how sick he truly was. That stuff sticks.