What's next for the Bulls?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Yes he did.

He missed nearly half the season. He only played in 39 of a possible 66 games.

I forgot he missed that much time. Either way, I don't really agree with Chisox on his claim. The Bulls were legit contenders that year if Rose would have stayed healthy. In all likelihood, they probably would have still lost to the Heat, but no one was saying they were a guaranteed championship squad.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
He didn't miss a "ton" of time but he did miss some. Either way, that wasn't the point. ChiSox was saying that "even with a healthy Rose the Bulls weren't as good as people thought." yet he said he was talking about post MVP Rose. Post MVP "healthy" Rose only was around for half a season so I'm not sure the point he was really trying to make. Who knows what would have happened if Rose didn't tear his ACL that year. They were good enough to finish 1st in the East, again. You could say that because Rose got injured they didn't have enough time to grow and get over the hump, but to say they weren't as good as people thought is kind of silly. No one expected them to even be relevant in 2010 and then they were #1 seed, Rose won an MVP, and they made it to the ECF. Then the next year, there was a lockout and Rose tore his ACL in the playoffs. After that, no one knew how good Rose or the Bulls would be when Rose showed he couldn't stay healthy, everyone knew the team was done for.

Rose is freaking healthy, gimme a break. Do you honestly think he's still limited by a surgical procedure that takes most athletes about 6 to 8 months to recover from? Sure, he'll never truly be "100%" again. Is Dwayne Wade 100%? Is Russell Westbrook "100%"? Probably not. But they play thru it, and contribute like an elite player is supposed to.

Rose plays when he feels like it, and gave no fucks when the team needed him to play like a champion. Instead, we've seen him play 10, 15 minutes then sit for the rest of the game. That's $1MM per game appearance for you folks tracking at home. $1MM to come out and stand around by himself or shoot bricks off the glass for 10 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Rose is freaking healthy, gimme a break. Do you honestly think he's still limited by from a sitgicsl procedure that takes most athletes about 6 to 8 months to recover from? Sure, he'll never truly be "100%" again. Is Dwayne Wade 100%? Is Russell Westbrook "100%"? Probably not. But they play thru it, and contribute like an elite player is supposed to.

Rose plays when he feels like it, and gave no fucks when the team needed him to play like a champion. Instead, we've seen him play 10, 15 minutes then sit for the rest of them. That's $1MM per game appearance for you folks tracking at home. $1MM to come out and stand around by himself or shoot bricks of the glass for 10 minutes.

I'm not arguing with the bolded. Yes, I think Rose is healthy this year for the first time in a long while. But nobody (at least not most people) thought the Bulls would be very good this year. Maybe Garpax did....and a couple of homer fans, but that's about it. They were getting no media attention and most fans were lukewarm at best about the team this year. Basically, all I was disagreeing with was the Bulls under performing for all these years. This year, yes....they under performed...but every year since Thibs was hired? Grossly over performed.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
You say play like a champion. You mean like playing thru a broken orbital bone even though vision was impaired for 2 month. Or you mean like Shaq or the Spurs who regularly miss 10-20 games a season. Or do you mean like Jimmy Butler. Oh wait Butler missed more games thsn Rose. Or would have if management didnt hold Rose the last 2 games to allow Butler to catch up. After the Bulls were eliminated of course.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
You say play like a champion. You mean like playing thru a broken orbital bone even though vision was impaired for 2 month. Or you mean like Shaq or the Spurs who regularly miss 10-20 games a season. Or do you mean like Jimmy Butler. Oh wait Butler missed more games thsn Rose. Or would have if management didnt hold Rose the last 2 games to allow Butler to catch up. After the Bulls were eliminated of course.

You're still behaving like a worshipful Rose fan. Stop with the excuses dude, it's 2016. Derrick stopped caring about basketball the moment the ink dried on his new contract. Just let him go.

Noah's the only Bull who truly plays like he gives a shit about winning a championship, and his skills are toast. It's over. He can't guard any of these forwards who play like guards, and the center position is virtually dead.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I forgot he missed that much time. Either way, I don't really agree with Chisox on his claim. The Bulls were legit contenders that year if Rose would have stayed healthy. In all likelihood, they probably would have still lost to the Heat, but no one was saying they were a guaranteed championship squad.

No but I would think that it would have been an even money series.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rose is freaking healthy, gimme a break. Do you honestly think he's still limited by a surgical procedure that takes most athletes about 6 to 8 months to recover from? Sure, he'll never truly be "100%" again. Is Dwayne Wade 100%? Is Russell Westbrook "100%"? Probably not. But they play thru it, and contribute like an elite player is supposed to.

Rose plays when he feels like it, and gave no fucks when the team needed him to play like a champion. Instead, we've seen him play 10, 15 minutes then sit for the rest of the game. That's $1MM per game appearance for you folks tracking at home. $1MM to come out and stand around by himself or shoot bricks off the glass for 10 minutes.

I agree. I think it is all about getting this next contract to some fool team to believe that he is going to be what he used to be. And, guess what, maybe he will be? Maybe this guy has just set all of us up for a season in which he plays for a mega contract? Maybe this is just a sham by Rose and his agent? I do not trust Rose to be anything else than a charleton.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we could get rid of Rose that would be great.