What's next for the Bulls?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i was expecting a article full of unrealistic scenarios but its actually really good...i'll add in the idea of trading Rose and Taj (even if its for 2nd round picks) its time to fully move on from that era and let Jimmy have the team

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
The article is rubbish. The only thing that desperately needed to happen when the season ended was firing Gar Forman.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
The article is rubbish. The only thing that desperately needed to happen when the season ended was firing Gar Forman.

Forman's job is personnel, correct? If he should be fired as GM, it stands to reason that roster changes are imminent.

Here's the basic gist of the article: The Bulls have to treat next season as a transitional period, since they're not going anywhere with the current roster. They'll have more money to spend due to the cap increase, but adding pieces to this team would be incredibly stupid. They should be looking to clean house of their bigger contracts, acquire some draft picks, and try to attract young FA's looking to prove themselves in the league.

Sounds pretty reasonable, not sure why you think it is rubbish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The writer of the article assumes that Hoiberg is a capable NBA coach. I do not see it. This team is like a good old boys club of Reiny, Pax, and Gar bringing in another friend to screw around with. They can talk transitional period all that they want but in order to transition, you need to know what you want to see when it is done. ANd I have no confidence that the Bulls have the ability to think things out in that manner.

There isn't an easy fix to turn this thing around. IT will require a top notch basketball planning genius to do it. Jerry West comes to mind or the next thing to him whoever that might be. But with the guys in charge, it is hopeless and this team will be awful for years to come.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The writer of the article assumes that Hoiberg is a capable NBA coach. I do not see it. This team is like a good old boys club of Reiny, Pax, and Gar bringing in another friend to screw around with. They can talk transitional period all that they want but in order to transition, you need to know what you want to see when it is done. ANd I have no confidence that the Bulls have the ability to think things out in that manner.

There isn't an easy fix to turn this thing around. IT will require a top notch basketball planning genius to do it. Jerry West comes to mind or the next thing to him whoever that might be. But with the guys in charge, it is hopeless and this team will be awful for years to come.

ANyone else having trouble with the site? Response times are awful and double postings accompany it. Someone wake Aries up to fix the problem:)

Last edited:

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Time to get younger and more athletic. It's as easy as that and I feel the next three to four years will be painful but we need to go that route. Unless we trade Butler I do not see us moving up. I would at least try and snipe one of Philly, Boston or Denver's mid to late first round picks. We need a PG to ease into replacing Rose and a athletic C who is a capable mid range shooter and rim protector.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
You don't need a genius to fix the Bulls.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Time to get younger and more athletic. It's as easy as that and I feel the next three to four years will be painful but we need to go that route. Unless we trade Butler I do not see us moving up. I would at least try and snipe one of Philly, Boston or Denver's mid to late first round picks. We need a PG to ease into replacing Rose and a athletic C who is a capable mid range shooter and rim protector.

The problem is that if they lose Butler, this team will be awful. I agree that they need to get younger and more athletic, but in Butler they have a guy who they can actually build around. The guys who need to go are GIbson, Noah, and Rose. I know that it will be difficult to trade Rose but they need to really work on it. Perhaps a sign and trade deal which takes into account the increase in a team's salary cap. I believe that Gibson has still some value(perhaps Minnesota) to a young team needing a veteran influence.

I still think that Mirotic should be kept as their power forward. Perhaps with Gasol gone, he can blossom. McBuckets is fine off of the bench and Portis can become a very good small forward. Their immediate needs are going to be at both guards spots and at center. IN next years draft, we likely will be able to use the Sacramento pick and our own which should be a lottery pick and that could be the year that they bring in the guards that they need. In this years draft, they should find a center to develop with their first round pick and a guard with their 2nd rounder.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You don't need a genius to fix the Bulls.

Jerry West is a genius in terms of evaluating basketball talent and building a team. My point is that someone like him is what they need in terms of vision and expertise. Its a pipedream sure to expect the Bulls organization to get rid of Gar/Pax and they will continue to flounder. Reinny is just a shit owner.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Jerry West is a genius in terms of evaluating basketball talent and building a team. My point is that someone like him is what they need in terms of vision and expertise. Its a pipedream sure to expect the Bulls organization to get rid of Gar/Pax and they will continue to flounder. Reinny is just a shit owner.

Yeah, the path towards significantly improving this team starts with firing Forman. A new GM should be hired from OUTSIDE the organization, and given full authority to make all team personnel decisions. Paxson should be relegated to business operations only, or fired outright.

Nepotism and inbreeding promotes groupthink, which makes it impossible to initiate change when it's needed. Someone like Reinsdorf (entrepreneur, billionaire, CPA, Attorney) should be fully aware of this, but loyalty has blinded him.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I just realized something about Reinsdorf. He was heavily involved in the institution of the salary cap in the NBA. He also has a reputation for being anti-labor union. This may explain why the Bulls have an image problem among players around the league. No one will come out and say this, but you know it influences their decisions.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
I just realized something about Reinsdorf. He was heavily involved in the institution of the salary cap in the NBA. He also has a reputation for being anti-labor union. This may explain why the Bulls have an image problem among players around the league. No one will come out and say this, but you know it influences their decisions.

The Bulls are already near the bottom of lists made by superstar free agents. They will be at the very bottom of those lists if they listen to realgm and attempt to cut ties with Derrick Rose.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
They will use the white sox model of success of absolute loyalty to front office people, bring in expired talent, change a little just enough to keep suckers watching

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
The Bulls are already near the bottom of lists made by superstar free agents. They will be at the very bottom of those lists if they listen to realgm and attempt to cut ties with Derrick Rose.

It's 2016, not 2011. No one is coming here because of Derrick.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's next?

I don't know.

All I do know is that I hope it doesn't involve that bum Kevin Durant!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Maybe Derrick is the reason other top FAs don't want to come here.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Maybe Derrick is the reason other top FAs don't want to come here.
Well they always said he wouldn't recruit.

Sent from the mod retirement home in Bakersfield, California.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
The Bulls can't even begin to transition this year due to Rose's contract,

im a believer we could trade Rose this offseason...every team is gonna have a ton of cap

we wont get anything for him, but if we're looking to shed his contract so we could 'move on' i can see a team wanting to get a 1 year look at him on their team and with their medical staff to assess if they want to keep him long term