IST: Cubs vs. Dodgers

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Cubs got that division lead back to 7 though looks like pit might win tonight to take back a half game.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maddon already said Hammel should be ok for next start

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Given his history, it might not be a bad idea to let him miss a start. That hammy he had last year killed his season...just not the same guy after it.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Given his history, it might not be a bad idea to let him miss a start. That hammy he had last year killed his season...just not the same guy after it.
But it not a hammy, it was cramps

@TheCCO: Joe Maddon said #Cubs think Jason Hammel will be fine for his next start. Appears it was only a cramp and nothing else for Hammel.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yeah, like chibears said, if it really was just a cramp he probably would have been good to go later in that game. I've had bad hammy cramps like that and they hurt like hell for a while. Then you think they're done and they politely remind you that they aren't quite done yet. Within 30 minutes he was probably fine, but they can't wait that long.

Assuming it really was just a cramp.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bad enough cramp you can pull something. But, doesn't sound like this happened. Whew. I leave the decisions on when to play or not play him to someone infinitely more qualified than me. Maddon.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Christopher Kamka ‎@ckamka
#Cubs team ERA is now at 2.60
142 total runs allowed through first 49 games of season is fewest in team history since 1919 (124)

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Kind of surprised that after the bad body language and the verbal exchange with Joc Pederson that LA has Yasiel Puig in the lineup today. For the life of me I can't figure out what's wrong with this guy. He has tons of talent yet his teammates hate him and he's under performed for 2 1/2 years. They tried to trade him without any takers. I'm not sure I've seen a guy with this much talent, after having such a hot start, get this bad, this quickly.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Kind of surprised that after the bad body language and the verbal exchange with Joc Pederson that LA has Yasiel Puig in the lineup today. For the life of me I can't figure out what's wrong with this guy. He has tons of talent yet his teammates hate him and he's under performed for 2 1/2 years. They tried to trade him without any takers. I'm not sure I've seen a guy with this much talent, after having such a hot start, get this bad, this quickly.

I'm not sure the talent is quite the same but you could basically suggest Milton Bradley was the same. Now to be fair I don't really think Puig is as actually insane as Bradley. But it does go to show that being good at baseball and being a good teammate aren't necessarily the same skills. I think a lot of Puig's problems probably stem from the fact LA let him get away with it. I'm sure i also didn't help that the media propped him up as a star his rookie year. One of the aspects of the current cubs roster that gets overlooked is the environment they've built for young players to succeed. You have Maddon who's got to be the best coach of young players in the league. You've got a front office that is all about giving the players everything they need to succeed. You've got some young vet players like Rizzo who can help some of the newer guys and you bring in some older guys like Lester to help even guys like Rizzo.

LA's team doesn't quite strike me as that. Kershaw's great but does he really strike anyone as a club house leader? I mean I don't follow LA that much but he seems more like an on the field guy who leads by doing his job rather than a vocal face of the franchise. And really I'm not sure they have a ton of that type. I could just be talking out of my ass because as I said I don't follow them much but the one guy who strikes me as that is Adrian Gonzo and that is it.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Rizzo was not hit intentionally

LA was pissed off and thought Strop quick pitched their hitter when, in fact, he requested time and did not get it.

They were upset at a couple ball strike calls.

Take a look at the replay. First pitch, right under the shoulder - ribs or back, depending how he turns. Right where you're "supposed to" hit someone.

He was hit intentionally.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
So apparently Alex Wood is being shut down for the Dodgers after last night with an elbow thing. That's a big loss for them.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
LA was pissed off and thought Strop quick pitched their hitter when, in fact, he requested time and did not get it.

They were upset at a couple ball strike calls.
Sounds like they should have hit the umpire

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Damn Chicago weather!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Im just hoping with all the no hitter talk and after yesterday game, the. Dodgers don't come out with some fire in the belly against Arrieta

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure every possible game that can be blacked out for me this season has. I just don't understand what the point is. Why put the game on ESPN only to black it out for people in the cubs region? Thankfully the internet is a bro but it's very frustrating.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I can't see Soler at the plate without thinking about Pedro Cerano.

[video=youtube;cfoXMr_s4xI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfoXMr_s4xI[/video]