Stanley Cup Final Thread

Who ya got?

• Total voters

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The Crosby hate is so interesting to me. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand why people hate him (the diving and constant whining to refs comes to mind), but the guys is quite clearly the best player in the league. Yet he's damn near universally loathed outside of Pittsburgh.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Crosby hate is so interesting to me. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand why people hate him (the diving and constant whining to refs comes to mind), but the guys is quite clearly the best player in the league. Yet he's damn near universally loathed outside of Pittsburgh.

Usually people have to win alot in order to be loathed so much lol

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:

Play the game without being a bitch.
See: Stamkos

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Kane was getting that a little bit prior to all this off-season drama.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Play the game without being a bitch.
See: Stamkos

You're not wrong.

On a related note, one of the finest moments of Toews' career remains him yelling at Sid to stay on his feet during the Soldier Field game.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

I mean...he has been in the Stanley Cup Finals twice before this time and his team won one of those times. The Blackhawks aren't the norm, Toews/Kane aren't the norm, and I don't think people really realize that. Also, Crosby has won plenty on the international level and people hate the best. Crosby is definitely one of the best and an absolute joy to watch out on the ice.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
You're not wrong.

On a related note, one of the finest moments of Toews' career remains him yelling at Sid to stay on his feet during the Soldier Field game.

I know a lot of people say Crosby is a whiner...but Toews easily whines more than him on the ice. After every penalty, offsides, faceoff, etc - Toews is usually whining yet 99% of Blackhawks fans love him because he is "ours". I think that's what it boils down to.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I know a lot of people say Crosby is a whiner...but Toews easily whines more than him on the ice. After every penalty, offsides, faceoff, etc - Toews is usually whining yet 99% of Blackhawks fans love him because he is "ours". I think that's what it boils down to.

You use this goddam argument of a hometown bias Every. Single. Time.

Never said anything about Toews not mouthing off to officials. But there is a high amount of vitriol thrown in Sid's direction by virtually every fan base in the NHL outside of Pittsburgh. Haven't seen that for Toews. Or Stamkos. Or Seguin. Or <insert 35 other NHL star players here>

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I mean...he has been in the Stanley Cup Finals twice before this time and his team won one of those times. The Blackhawks aren't the norm, Toews/Kane aren't the norm, and I don't think people really realize that. Also, Crosby has won plenty on the international level and people hate the best. Crosby is definitely one of the best and an absolute joy to watch out on the ice.

You sound like Pierre Mcguire....

Ermagherd hawkey... :fap:

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
You use this goddam argument of a hometown bias Every. Single. Time.

Never said anything about Toews not mouthing off to officials. But there is a high amount of vitriol thrown in Sid's direction by virtually every fan base in the NHL outside of Pittsburgh. Haven't seen that for Toews. Or Stamkos. Or Seguin. Or <insert 35 other NHL star players here>

All I'm simply saying is that people love Toews (rightfully so) and hate Crosby (not rightfully so) and one of the biggest reasons for the hate is that Crosby whines. Toews is a bigger whiner. That's all I'm saying. So yes...hometown bias completely holds true here.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
All I'm simply saying is that people love Toews (rightfully so) and hate Crosby (not rightfully so) and one of the biggest reasons for the hate is that Crosby whines. Toews is a bigger whiner. That's all I'm saying. So yes...hometown bias.

But it's not a hometown bias in virtually every other fan base that shares the same opinion. Therefore the hometown bias is irrelevant.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
But it's not a hometown bias in virtually every other fan base that shares the same opinion. Therefore the hometown bias is irrelevant.

What I'm saying is that everyone (for the most part) here loves Toews and looks past his whining. Yet they can't do that with someone like Crosby because he isn't on the Blackhawks. People hate Crosby because he is one of the best players in the NHL (likely the best) and one of the best talents ever in the NHL. They wouldn't hate Crosby in the way that they do if he "acted" the way he does but was some 3rd liner. People like to hate the best...and that's Crosby.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
What I'm saying is that everyone (for the most part) here loves Toews and looks past his whining. Yet they can't do that with someone like Crosby because he isn't on the Blackhawks. People hate Crosby because he is one of the best players in the NHL (likely the best) and one of the best talents ever in the NHL. They wouldn't hate Crosby in the way that they do if he "acted" the way he does but was some 3rd liner. People like to hate the best...and that's Crosby.

First of all, did you see this forum in the playoffs? Toews got bashed (and often rightfully so) because he just had one of the worst seasons of his career and a goal-less postseason.

And you once again keep playing this card of "If Crosby was on the Hawks we wouldn't hate him" when that's not the fucking point. For the third (fourth?) time it's virtually every other fan base in the NHL so loudly voicing their hatred of Sid that is unique. It's not just Hawks fans, and it's certainly not just the CCS Hawks Forum. It's everywhere.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
First of all, did you see this forum in the playoffs? Toews got bashed (and often rightfully so) because he just had one of the worst seasons of his career and a goal-less postseason.

And you once again keep playing this card of "If Crosby was on the Hawks we wouldn't hate him" when that's not the fucking point. For the third (fourth?) time it's virtually every other fan base in the NHL so loudly voicing their hatred of Sid that is unique. It's not just Hawks fans, and it's certainly not just the CCS Hawks Forum. It's everywhere.

As I said, it is because Crosby is the best player out there. That is why "everyone" hates Crosby. People like to hate the best when they aren't on their team and it is pretty stupid.

I simply pointed out that I find it humorous that people claim to not like Crosby for his whining when the Blackhawks have someone who does it much more than him.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
You sound like Pierre Mcguire....

Ermagherd hawkey... :fap:

And you sound like someone that is afraid to talk about hockey in a hockey related forum in any way that resembles a mature manner. You already know that though.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree with the bias when it comes to Crosby/Toews.
I joke quite a bit, but I think it really comes down to how the players think of 87 and 19. I will take the Pepsi challenge and bet that more players will tell you that Crosby whines over Toews, especially on how it's done. I think Toews protects his players and is passionate on his opinions. I don't think he'll take Evander Kane's glove and whip it down the ice just to be an eh-hole.

When it comes to leadership, Toews wins out as well. Yes, he barks at officials, but you also don't see him hauling off on smaller Euro players. I'd like to see 87 go after Jumbo Joe.

As I said, it is because Crosby is the best player out there. That is why "everyone" hates Crosby. People like to hate the best when they aren't on their team and it is pretty stupid.

I simply pointed out that I find it humorous that people claim to not like Crosby for his whining when the Blackhawks have someone who does it much more than him.

If Crosby carried himself like Stamkos does, he would get much more respect from fans around the league.
There's plenty of mic'ed up footage of Crosby being an absolute ass bag on the ice.
He is one of the greatest to lace them up, and had the best second half this season, but he is one of the biggest turd munchers this league has seen.

Last edited:

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
[[video=youtube;FhsYlz1mG1c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhsYlz1mG1c[/video]

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A few years back a survey was done among the NHL players either by Hockey News or ESPN....can't Google it right now. The survey was who whines the most or what player is the most disliked in the league. The winning player, yes it was Sid Crosby.

It wasn't the fans but the guy has a certain charm about him, not the type of charm that makes everyone love you either.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I'll stand by my Crosby comments on why people hate him and will be happy to move on.

Hertl is out tonight. I think the Sharks take this one and tie it up heading back to Pitt. Have to think that Pavelski gets it going like he did in the first few rounds, even without Hertl.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
A few years back a survey was done among the NHL players either by Hockey News or ESPN....can't Google it right now. The survey was who whines the most or what player is the most disliked in the league. The winning player, yes it was Sid Crosby.

It wasn't the fans but the guy has a certain charm about him, not the type of charm that makes everyone love you either.

The video I posted references that.