Stanley Cup Final Thread

Who ya got?

• Total voters

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll stand by my Crosby comments on why people hate him and will be happy to move on.

Hertl is out tonight. I think the Sharks take this one and tie it up heading back to Pitt. Have to think that Pavelski gets it going like he did in the first few rounds, even without Hertl.

Go for it.
But I'll disagree with you because you are wrong.
If Crosby carried himself differently, the reactions would be different.
Go find a compilation on Toews' attitude on the ice.
Now, if you said Duncan Keith, I could roll with that, because Duncs is sort of a butthead on and off the ice.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Go for it.
But I'll disagree with you because you are wrong.
If Crosby carried himself differently, the reactions would be different.
Go find a compilation on Toews' attitude on the ice.
Now, if you said Duncan Keith, I could roll with that, because Duncs is sort of a butthead on and off the ice.

Crosby definitely has more rat in him than Toews does on the ice...no question about that. I get why people "respect" Toews because there are very few pure leaders out there like he is. I'm a Toews fan as are about 99% of people here. All I'm simply saying is that Toews is a bigger whiner than Crosby on the ice yet people over look it. Maybe it is because of this or that, but I believe it is because of the microscope people put Crosby under because he is the best. Hell, look at all this "Crosby cheats" on faceoffs thing that the media was putting out there. Every good faceoff guy cheats...thats usually how you win on faceoffs.

I'm a Crosby fan. I'm a fan of great hockey and amazing players. Crosby fits into that. Hell, there are few NHL players out there that I "dislike". Each player out there has a job and a lot of them do it well. Most people cry about a player like Perry and his "antics" out there, but I get a kick out of it because he manages to be a pure snipe show and also get under the skin of the opposing players (and fans apparently).

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sharks need to come out the gate and hopefully build a 2-0 lead in the first 20.
I still think the Pens take this in 6 or 7, just because the Sharks are treating this series like it's the regular season.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Sharks need to come out the gate and hopefully build a 2-0 lead in the first 20.
I still think the Pens take this in 6 or 7, just because the Sharks are treating this series like it's the regular season.

I'm still waiting for the moment when one of Jones or Murray cracks just a little. Haven't seen it and I don't know if we will. Impressed that those two goalies are keeping their composure on the big stage. Jones has really had a great year as a first year starter.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Crosby definitely has more rat in him than Toews does on the ice...no question about that. I get why people "respect" Toews because there are very few pure leaders out there like he is. I'm a Toews fan as are about 99% of people here. All I'm simply saying is that Toews is a bigger whiner than Crosby on the ice yet people over look it. Maybe it is because of this or that, but I believe it is because of the microscope people put Crosby under because he is the best. Hell, look at all this "Crosby cheats" on faceoffs thing that the media was putting out there. Every good faceoff guy cheats...thats usually how you win on faceoffs.

I'm a Crosby fan. I'm a fan of great hockey and amazing players. Crosby fits into that. Hell, there are few NHL players out there that I "dislike". Each player out there has a job and a lot of them do it well. Most people cry about a player like Perry and his "antics" out there, but I get a kick out of it because he manages to be a pure snipe show and also get under the skin of the opposing players (and fans apparently).

Crosby is an amazing player, and most FO artists will cheat to win at the dot.
Perry is a scumbag. Nothing he does with his antics belong in the game, and it's a shame he wore the C when he did this recently:

[video=youtube;68YECPIrrQo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68YECPIrrQo[/video]

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm still waiting for the moment when one of Jones or Murray cracks just a little. Haven't seen it and I don't know if we will. Impressed that those two goalies are keeping their composure on the big stage. Jones has really had a great year as a first year starter.

When Jones was backing up Quick due to injury, I got to see a bunch of his starts and it impressed the heck out of me. At times I wondered why Quick was getting such a heavy workload in LA when they had Jones behind him doing just as well.
The jury is out on Murray, but a cup win sort of forgives that.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
[[video=youtube;FhsYlz1mG1c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhsYlz1mG1c[/video]

I didn't think it was possible to find someone who falls down more than Bigfoot. Congrats Crosby you WHINEY BITCH

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Got the Sharks winning and the under of 5.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Hammett and Hetfield playing an instrumental version of the Anthem on guitar was pretty great.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I get why people "respect" Toews because there are very few pure leaders out there like he is.

I agree with you that JT is more of a pure leader I'd guess natural too, just the way he carries himself and communicates with team mates, coaches....people, will garner more respect than Sid could ever hope to get. If you get that Toews is a more pure leader than Sid, you should understand that that's probably why people don't like Sid. In life or sports, you can complain tactfully and respectful like Toews seems to do,and that will get you further than being an ASSHOLE like Sid....Thus the unpopularity trophy for Sid, "reaps what he sews".

All I'm simply saying is that Toews is a bigger whiner than Crosby on the ice yet people over look it.

And you know Toews is a bigger whiner how? Do you have your own special mic'd up camera trained on JT every game with a special whine score rating system? Even if you did, you would be wrong. Your speculation that Toews whines more than Crosby is just that....Speculation/Bullshit and WRONG. You state people overlook Toews whining....probably because there's nothing to overlook.

Sure Toews will whine, but does he whine any more than other captains across the league? Maybe, but even so when you've won 3 cups in recent years other teams will put a target on you and I've seen him take a lot of abuse and skate away without a word, stuff you don't always see watching at home.

The fact I bought season tix in 07 and have been to a few hundred games doesn't make my opinion correct but I do watch the games.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cup will be presented after game 5.
Thanks for the snooze fest.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Cup will be presented after game 5.
Thanks for the snooze fest.

Penguins got hot at the right time and when it counted. They did a very nice job by adding some veteran guys throughout their lineup and had some ELC guys chip in up front. Still impressed by their overall defense which I felt (and I'm guessing many) was their biggest weakness heading into the season. In fact, it was their defense and goaltending that really kept them afloat early on when they couldn't score.

Hoping SJ can grab the next game and make a series out of this. Some wide open hockey at times and I've enjoyed watching. Don't want to look ahead to the draft just quite yet...

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
They also got rid of a bad defensive player that was quite helpful for the D game of the team. Maybe Daley was good in the series vs Washington where you had two teams wanting to push the pace and not set up down low but losing him made their D much better even yes with Schultz in over him.

Having Murray has helped a lot more than expected because the normal terrible timing goals and bounce to open ice rebounds that Fleury gives off even in last postseason or times before aren't there.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
They also got rid of a bad defensive player that was quite helpful for the D game of the team. Maybe Daley was good in the series vs Washington where you had two teams wanting to push the pace and not set up down low but losing him made their D much better even yes with Schultz in over him.

Having Murray has helped a lot more than expected because the normal terrible timing goals and bounce to open ice rebounds that Fleury gives off even in last postseason or times before aren't there.

I believe that Maata was actually the player that came back in once Daley went down with his injury after Maata was a healthy scratch for a couple of games. I wouldn't say Maata is an upgrade defensively over Daley.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I keep watching bits and pieces of the Finals. Can't get into it. I really don't care for either team....couldn't care less who wins. Hawks come up short vs the Blues but I'm pretty sure they'd beat either one of these two. Meh, they win championships EOY....this is the off year.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And you sound like someone that is afraid to talk about hockey in a hockey related forum in any way that resembles a mature manner. You already know that though.

Oh got me, how will I ever recover from this burn.

I talk hockey just fine.... I actually tried talking hockey with you about Troy Brouwer in the conference finals thread and you chose to ignore me so I wound up having the convo with other board members.

You talk about hockey like BF51 in the Bears forum, you think you are so much above the rest of us and god forbid you lower yourself and share a laugh with other posters.

You are a blowhard cunt.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I keep watching bits and pieces of the Finals. Can't get into it. I really don't care for either team....couldn't care less who wins. Hawks come up short vs the Blues but I'm pretty sure they'd beat either one of these two. Meh, they win championships EOY....this is the off year.

That's a thought that I don't even like to entertain usually and I really don't know if they would have. Blackhawks definitely had some holes exposed throughout the year and in the playoffs. Sort of like how everyone talks about the Stanley Cup that could have been if the Blackhawks just beat the Kings in OT and then they would have went on to "kill" the Rangers. Anything can happen and Lundqvist could have played the greatest 4 games of his life while getting the bounces needed and after all, they didn't even get past the Kings to find out. Shoulda, woulda, coulda...but when you have Rundblad in the most important games of the season, there is a big gaping hole somewhere.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a crap shoot the 2005 (Crosby Sweepstakes) draft was for the Blackhawks. Wasn't that the year they changed the draft format and we got screwed by the lottery? Drafting Skille at #7. All hail Dale? At least we got Hammer out of it in the 4th round.