Kevin Durant sweepstakes

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You represent the overly optimistic typical of Chicago sports fans. Stars are great. Having stars on your team is obviously important. But in this day and age, you need multiple stars, balance and depth to win a championship. Otherwise you're just spinning your wheels like the Bulls have been the last 25 years. As OKC and Cleveland have demonstrated, you need more than Durant snd Westbrook to win. You need a great TEAM. Durant scoring 30ppg won't make a bit of difference on a team with an incomplete roster. You can't keep ignoring that simple fact just cuz... "Dude! Durant!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait wait wait... I have a good response to this...

:obama:

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
ChiCity,

Simple question.

If the Bulls had the available CAP space, would you be in favor of signing Kevin Durant?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You represent the overly optimistic typical of Chicago sports fans.

So because I'm not one of the legions of Bulls fans on Rose's facebook mocking his injuries means I'm overly optimistic?
Guess what? I'm not one of the ones talking about how we're going to contend next year either. And there are still plenty of those.

Stars are great. Having stars on your team is obviously important. But in this day and age, you need multiple stars, balance and depth to win a championship. Otherwise you're just spinning your wheels like the Bulls have been the last 25 years. As OKC and Cleveland have demonstrated, you need more than Durant snd Westbrook to win. You need a great TEAM. Durant scoring 30ppg won't make a bit of difference on a team with an incomplete roster. You can't keep ignoring that simple fact just cuz... "Dude! Durant!"

Cavs are within 2 games of winning the NBA title.

Thunder were up 3-1 on the champs. And they walked through arguably the deepest and most balanced team in the league in the Spurs.

And who the f^%* said that signing Durant would automatically win the Bulls the title next year? You are acting like signing him would guarantee they NEVER will with him there which is the complete and utter opposite of the truth.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So because I'm not one of the legions of Bulls fans on Rose's facebook mocking his injuries means I'm overly optimistic?
Guess what? I'm not one of the ones talking about how we're going to contend next year either. And there are still plenty of those.

Thunder were up 3-1 on the champs. And they walked through arguably the deepest and most balanced team in the league in the Spurs.

And who the f^%* said that signing Durant would automatically win the Bulls the title next year? You are acting like signing him would guarantee they NEVER will with him there which is the complete and utter opposite of the truth.

I know it's difficult, but it's best just to not feed the trolls.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Your sure you want to join in on this? I mean the Bulls have been spinning their wheels for 25 years according to this guy. Do the math and find out what 25 years ago was and have a great laugh.

Sent from the mod retirement home in Bakersfield, California.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

Spinning since '91 folks. Just more knowledge bombs dropped by the 2%'er.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Fans like you make it possible for Jerry Reinsdorf to sleep at night.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Your sure you want to join in on this? I mean the Bulls have been spinning their wheels for 25 years according to this guy. Do the math and find out what 25 years ago was and have a great laugh.

Correction: 18 years ago

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fans like you make it possible for Jerry Reinsdorf to sleep at night.

:obama:

You probably loved when garpax drafted Eddie Curry

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
We're not going to Durant, whether we have Butler or not. Period. Be smart and don't go after guys like Nicolas Batum just because you have the money. Save up and go after younger, cheaper guys like Langston Galloway, Tyler Johnson, and Allen Crabbe. Build up the roster this year and go after somebody big next year.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
We're not going to Durant, whether we have Butler or not. Period. Be smart and don't go after guys like Nicolas Batum just because you have the money. Save up and go after younger, cheaper guys like Langston Galloway, Tyler Johnson, and Allen Crabbe. Build up the roster this year and go after somebody big next year.

Why would somebody big would come to Chicago that has no chance to compete with Cleveland in the next 2-3 years? Bulls have to build with the draft. Get pretty good FAs and hope to get lucky. The Bulls have to model the team like the Detroit Pistons that beat the Lakers with Kobe and Shaq. No real superstars, but a deep and smart team.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ChiCitySox, you are wrong about how to build a team in the NBA here.

Durant would choose the Bulls becuase its a top 5 market where his sell power and corporate deals can out weigh increased taxes. First of all, there are 3-5 destinations that make more sense for Durant, we were never in the running, and we don't have a roster that makes sense to him.

But from the Bulls perspective, I think you are missing some subtelty of the effects of the salary cap. In the truth, you don't have to be a top 5 player to be worth a max contract to the team. Each team can have 2-3 maxes, which means max contract is only a waste if its not a top 30-45 player.

Durant is set to be a top 45 player for the next 5-7 years, the length of his contract, and EVERY SINGLE TEAM IN THE LEAGUE would sign Durant if he chose them.

Every single one. So you might ask yourself or try to explain why you are on a complete island alone arguing about this. What is your point? The timing is bad?

Yeah, its not ideal, its not going to happen, and your perspective doesn't make much sense to anyone.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Why would somebody big would come to Chicago that has no chance to compete with Cleveland in the next 2-3 years? Bulls have to build with the draft. Get pretty good FAs and hope to get lucky. The Bulls have to model the team like the Detroit Pistons that beat the Lakers with Kobe and Shaq. No real superstars, but a deep and smart team.
That Pistons team is a complete abnormality to winning a championship in the NBA. You aren't going to win that way without a absolute ton of luck.

That team got lucky in the sense Wade got injured in the Ecf and missed game 6 and hobbled around in game 7. Then Detroit faced a Lakers team full of drama in the Finals.

The team had no superstars and that particular season rip, Billups werent all Stars and Wallace was their only star.

Detroit was a good team but they're not the model for building a championship team.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
ChiCitySox, you are wrong about how to build a team in the NBA here.

Durant would choose the Bulls becuase its a top 5 market where his sell power and corporate deals can out weigh increased taxes. First of all, there are 3-5 destinations that make more sense for Durant, we were never in the running, and we don't have a roster that makes sense to him.

But from the Bulls perspective, I think you are missing some subtelty of the effects of the salary cap. In the truth, you don't have to be a top 5 player to be worth a max contract to the team. Each team can have 2-3 maxes, which means max contract is only a waste if its not a top 30-45 player.

Durant is set to be a top 45 player for the next 5-7 years, the length of his contract, and EVERY SINGLE TEAM IN THE LEAGUE would sign Durant if he chose them.

Every single one. So you might ask yourself or try to explain why you are on a complete island alone arguing about this. What is your point? The timing is bad?

Yeah, its not ideal, its not going to happen, and your perspective doesn't make much sense to anyone.

You are entitled to your opinion. The top 3 markets don't get much interest from elite FAs like Durant these days. You can dream about it for now though.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Having stars on your team is obviously important. But in this day and age, you need multiple stars, balance and depth to win a championship. Otherwise you're just spinning your wheels like the Bulls have been the last 25 years. As OKC and Cleveland have demonstrated, you need more than Durant snd Westbrook to win.

Lol

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hopefully LeBron never comes to the Bulls, we need to rebuild.