Kevin Durant sweepstakes

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
No one worth a damn wants to play for this organization. But quite honestly, I don't think KD is a good fit for the Bulls anyway. Great player, zero leadership skills, very immature for a player of his stature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No one worth a damn wants to play for this organization. But quite honestly, I don't think KD is a good fit for the Bulls anyway. Great player, zero leadership skills, very immature for a player of his stature.

LOL, had OKC won game 5, 6, or 7 this would have never been said.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

You must be talking about another KD. But since when are the Bulls such a damn stellar organization that one of the top 3 players in the league is NOT a good fit? And how is he VERY immature? You must be talking about Kevin Duckworth...he's dead now you know?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Did you think the same of stockton and Malone?

Sent from the mod retirement home in Bakersfield, California.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Personally, I think KD is going to Boston.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I just love the overreaches by so many basketball observers after this series. Hearing things about how OKC just isn't a championship team or this or that about Durant and/or Westbrook just makes me LOL... we're talking about a team that just lost in 7 to a team that just made history setting the regular season win record. The greatest jump shooting team of all time, and perhaps the greatest TEAM of all time. And they barely beat OKC, specifically because Durant and Westbrook are beasts.

But yes... bad demeanor, no leadership skills, wouldn't fit with the bulls. :bizarro:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
They sent all white dudes and didn't take any bulls legends or current players.

trying-to-remember.gif

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
You must be talking about another KD. But since when are the Bulls such a damn stellar organization that one of the top 3 players in the league is NOT a good fit? And how is he VERY immature? You must be talking about Kevin Duckworth...he's dead now you know?

Think about it. What would compel him to leave OKC and come to the Bulls? We have an inferior roster that is injury prone and full of malcontents. He has no relationship with Hoiberg, and the front office does not present a positive relationship with players historically. Overall, the team is on the verge of transition as contracts are due to expire within the next two years. I could go on and on.

Given all of this, a player like Durant needs a solid cast of players around him in order to succeed. The Bulls need young talent to rebuild, which will take years to complete. Signing Durant does nothing to help the rebuilding process, hence he is not a good fit.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Think about it. What would compel him to leave OKC and come to the Bulls? We have an inferior roster that is injury prone and full of malcontents. He has no relationship with Hoiberg, and the front office does not present a positive relationship with players historically. Overall, the team is on the verge of transition as contracts are due to expire within the next two years. I could go on and on.

Given all of this, a player like Durant needs a solid cast of players around him in order to succeed. The Bulls need young talent to rebuild, which will take years to complete. Signing Durant does nothing to help the rebuilding process, hence he is not a good fit.

So you're saying that if Kevin Durant came out today and said, "I will be signing with the Chicago Bulls," you would pass?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

All players need a solid cast around them. You're hard pressed to find any NBA champion that didn't.

And yes the Bulls wouldn't be that team going into next season, I don't think anyone is arguing that.

Sent from the mod retirement home in Bakersfield, California.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dont worry about Chi, he just got his buzz this morning.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Thunder remind me of the great Jazz teams with Malone and Stockton who just happened to get beat by the greatest teams ever assembled, namely the CHicago Bulls. OKC just ran into a team on a mission in Golden State. Durant is a top three NBA player in my eyes and if he leaves he will have his choice of great destinations. My gut tells me that he will end up with the Lakers who have the money, young developing talent, and high draft picks.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
I doubt Durant cares where he plays. Wherever he does go takes a major step up. The Bulls would go from Dunleavy and McDermott at the 3 to possibly shopping McDermott and having Dunleavy backup the 2 and 3.

What really matters is who is agent is and where he thinks is the best slot not just for Durant but the rest of his clients that need to land somewhere after KD finds a home. Signing Durant actually creates the flexibility that the Bulls love. It would put pressure on Rose to perform if he wants to stay and get the most money possible and if he can't do much the Bulls will have 2 great players so they can let him go. Signing KD means they don't have to count on Mirotic and Portis to be their third or even fourth scorer.

As mentioned he may just use the Bulls as a tool to get more from somebody else so right off the bat just offer him the most possible and quietly give him a week to take it or we're going in another direction. Tell his agent flat out, we're not getting played this time, we'll pay but we need it done now and no going back and forth to get something from somebody else.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

Nothing you've said give reason for you to attack his character though...that is what I had an issue with.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's definitely a possibility. I can see a scenario where KD signs a 2-year deal with a player option for the second year, then opts out when RW is a free agent, and they both go to like L.A. or something to team up with whoever they take #2 overall.

This is most likely what he is going to do as in addition to the above, the salary cap goes up considerably after next season so there is no reason for him to sign a long term deal now. As the below indicates, once the cap goes up, he can get a 5 year 200 million deal with OKC or 4 years and 150 million from another team if he is a free agent in 2017.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2016/story/_/id/15852277/nba-playoffs-2016-durant-free-agency-looms

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If I was a player of his caliber I would skip the Bulls at all costs. He would ruin his career like Carmelo did for choosing ny just for the last dollar. His best bet is staying in okc. They seem to always have good talent well with good scouting. But on flip side Carmelo would have ruin his career coming to us lol

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I doubt Durant cares where he plays. Wherever he does go takes a major step up. The Bulls would go from Dunleavy and McDermott at the 3 to possibly shopping McDermott and having Dunleavy backup the 2 and 3.

What really matters is who is agent is and where he thinks is the best slot not just for Durant but the rest of his clients that need to land somewhere after KD finds a home. Signing Durant actually creates the flexibility that the Bulls love. It would put pressure on Rose to perform if he wants to stay and get the most money possible and if he can't do much the Bulls will have 2 great players so they can let him go. Signing KD means they don't have to count on Mirotic and Portis to be their third or even fourth scorer.

As mentioned he may just use the Bulls as a tool to get more from somebody else so right off the bat just offer him the most possible and quietly give him a week to take it or we're going in another direction. Tell his agent flat out, we're not getting played this time, we'll pay but we need it done now and no going back and forth to get something from somebody else.

What is with this using bulls as a tool nonsense? He is getting a max where ever he goes.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Honestly, Durant would make a GREAT pairing with Jimmy. It wouldn't be too dissimilar from a Jordan/Pippen pairing, but obviously neither one is on Jordan's level. But in terms of duo's that really balance each other's games, they would be way up there in terms of complimenting each other. Unfortunately, we just don't have much other than Jimmy to really entice Durant to come here. He is friends with Rose and really loved his game pre-injury, but a lot has happened since and Rose is obviously not the same guy. His health will always be in question. Besides that, our FO is a complete disaster, and the league has watched us fire a well respected, top 5 coach in the league, while replacing him with a weenie. They've also heard chatter of a shaky locker room and players not buying into the GM to get the franchise back on the right track. If this were 5 years ago, AND we had current Jimmy Butler, I think Durant to Chicago would be a no brainer. Unfortunately, a lot has changed and it would take Garpax-like idiocracy to even consider coming here if you're Kevin Durant.