Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is most likely what he is going to do as in addition to the above, the salary cap goes up considerably after next season so there is no reason for him to sign a long term deal now. As the below indicates, once the cap goes up, he can get a 5 year 200 million deal with OKC or 4 years and 150 million from another team if he is a free agent in 2017.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2016/story/_/id/15852277/nba-playoffs-2016-durant-free-agency-looms

yeah, the more I think about it, the more it makes sense that KD will sign a 1-2 year deal with OKC.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
So you're saying that if Kevin Durant came out today and said, "I will be signing with the Chicago Bulls," you would pass?

I'm saying there is no logical reason why he would come to Chicago. If he did though, he would hinder, not help the rebuilding process. And let's be real. OKC is a better team than the Bulls. The Bulls would probably win just as many games as OKC did with Durant, but the results would be the same. He has already proven that he can't carry a team by himself (who can in today's NBA?). He needs to go to a contender with players who compliment his game. Westbrook and Rose are essentially the same guy; athletic, fearless, can't shoot from the outside, wreckless turnover machines, not particularly bright.

So yeah, I'd pass on Durant and initiate the rebuild that's long overdue. You also have to consider that he could still opt out after next year. Sucks, but the Bulls would be a better team in the longterm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm saying there is no logical reason why he would come to Chicago. If he did though, he would hinder, not help the rebuilding process. And let's be real. OKC is a better team than the Bulls. The Bulls would probably win just as many games as OKC did with Durant, but the results would be the same. He has already proven that he can't carry a team by himself (who can in today's NBA?). He needs to go to a contender with players who compliment his game. Westbrook and Rose are essentially the same guy; athletic, fearless, can't shoot from the outside, wreckless turnover machines, not particularly bright.

So yeah, I'd pass on Durant and initiate the rebuild that's long overdue. You also have to consider that he could still opt out after next year. Sucks, but the Bulls would be a better team in the longterm.

This is an all-time dumb NBA thought.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Disagree about Westbrook. He is a great player and far better than Rose at this point.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
You guys are thinking like fans, when you should be thinking like GMs. Durant's a "great" player, and he'd be fun to watch. But the Bulls roster needs a rebuild. Bringing Durant here would only slow that process down. What you have to ask yourself is, do you just want to win regular season games and be somewhat relevant in the east, or do you want to win championships? This is the question Durant has to ask himself during the process of picking a team. He's going to look at teams that have rosters capable of winning a championship. The Bulls are simply not on that list. Noah, Rose, Taj, Dunleavy and possibly even Butler need to be moved in order to acquire younger/healthier talent. The Bulls aren't going to attract top FAs until that process has been completed. It still may not happen due to the poor reputation of Reinsdorf and his front office.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You're making 2 different arguments. Yes, we all get Durant isn't coming here. Not sure why or how that turns into Durant SHOULDN'T come here because of something about a "true rebuild"..

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Wow, how clear can I be?

You need DRAFT PICKS and YOUNG TALENT to rebuild. The Bulls aren't doing that with Durant on the roster. And they aren't going to win with him on the current roster anyway. THERE ARE NO PLAYERS WHO COMPLIMENT HIS GAME HERE. He doesn't need another PG with health issues who is a volume scorer who can't shoot from the perimeter. He's already got that with Westbrook and it doesn't work. Yeah, there are two arguments here. Durant and the Bulls aren't a good fit for each other, which is why it's not going to happen. You want to ignore all of that and salivate over Durant like some meatball fan, go right ahead. Been there, done that with this team already. After 16 years of middling mediocrity, I want to see the Bulls win another championship. One humiliating Eastern Conference Final appearance in 16 years should be a wake up call.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Someone in LA FO: Hey guys, with some cap adjustments, I think we can make an offer to Whiteside, Durant, and Derozan.

Idiot: *scoffs* Why do that? We're trying to rebuild here, not compete for the title.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Someone in LA FO: Hey guys, with some cap adjustments, I think we can make an offer to Whiteside, Durant, and Derozan.

Idiot: *scoffs* Why do that? We're trying to rebuild here, not compete for the title.

Who the fuck is trying to go to L.A.?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The last thing this team needs is a guy who has a career scoring average of 27 points per game.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Breaking (Dumb) News: Adding top 3 NBA player in his prime would hurt a rebuild............

Reality check: Top 3 NBA players in their prime aren't joining teams in the midst or on the verge of a rebuild. The Bulls can't even re-sign Gasol, not that it's in their best interest to do so. They need to let him walk for obvious reasons. They need the minutes re-allocated to developing young players, and Gasol wants to finish his career with a contender.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Holy fuck, was knoxtard reincarnated or something? Sheesh. I've never seen a more moronic argument put forward. This is mind boggling.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Reality check: Top 3 NBA players in their prime aren't joining teams in the midst or on the verge of a rebuild. The Bulls can't even re-sign Gasol, not that it's in their best interest to do so. They need to let him walk for obvious reasons. They need the minutes re-allocated to developing young players, and Gasol wants to finish his career with a contender.

NO ONE IS SAYING HE WILL COME HERE. THAT'S NOT THE SAME AS SAYING HE SHOULDN'T COME HERE OR WOULDN'T BE A GOOD FIT.

holy fuckin derp

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Please continue to explain how rebuilding via draft picks in the hopes of getting someone like KD is better than just getting KD outright. I'm afraid I don't follow.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, ok. You're wasting my time fanboy.

Dude.

1. Most people here would agree that KD probably wouldn't consider Chicago.

2. Adding Durant would in no way hurt the team.

3. How in the hell would adding a 27-year old superstar hurt a rebuild? He'd be part of the rebuild, which would immediately make us a better team and help us attract more players in free agency in the future.